Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Ghost Recon Future Soldier...2012 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-12, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
Re: Ghost Recon Future Soldier...2012 Thread

Saw this over at Gamespot's...Now Playing...showing four playing a full mission in coop mode. Pretty long but gives a good first hand look of actual game play....

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.gamespot.com/videoembed/6374882" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>
Old 05-23-12, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well...who got and what do you think? There's already several offical reviews out there....

Gamespot.........7.5
IGN..................8.5
Videogamer.......7 of 10
Xbox Magazine....9 of 10
Eurogamer.........8 of 10
Game Informer....7.5
Old 05-23-12, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

This is Ubisoft, no? I'll wait two weeks and pick it up for $30.
Old 05-23-12, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob V
This is Ubisoft, no? I'll wait two weeks and pick it up for $30.
My thoughts exactly, I'm interested in picking it up now (wasn't before based on the negative comments about the beta) but not at $60 and knowing it should drop in the not too distant future, I'll hold off.
Old 05-25-12, 02:29 PM
Cool New Member

Toy's R Us has a deal this week on Ghost Recon: Future Soldier in that if you receive $30 off if you buy the game and strategy guide together. I ended up price matching this deal over at Best Buy, who also takes an extra 50% of the price of the strategy guide if you purchase it along with the game. So between all of these deals, I ended up getting the game and strategy guide for about $40.

I've played the first mission of the game and a little bot of the multiplayer so far and it's not too bad. My Xbox Gamertag is Wedge003 if anyone wants to play some co-op campaign.
Old 06-06-12, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I traded in some games I wasn't playing and I must say this game is an absolute blast!!! I love it! I've only completed 5-6 missons and haven't played multiplayer only co-op but I love the pacing and they made the contols sooooo easy to use.

I have 2 buddies that play COD MW 2 only and picked up this game and say they won't go back.
Old 06-06-12, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well I guess Operation Flashpoint is no more then...but glad this is working out. There are still me and two others that are probably going to get the game but not now. For the next "war" game the new MOH one looks to be a killer.
Old 08-29-12, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Got this today as well. While it's not as revolutionary as GRAW was at the time, it's a solid improvement. The multi player especially flows better. The campaign is kinda annoying with all those "cinematic" camera angles but so far so good. Haven't played too much yet, does the cross com show up at all?
Old 08-30-12, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Well I guess Operation Flashpoint is no more then...but glad this is working out. There are still me and two others that are probably going to get the game but not now. For the next "war" game the new MOH one looks to be a killer.
I still got Flashpoint!
Old 09-12-12, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

anybody playing this on the PS3? Haven't tried the co-op campaign or co-op guerrilla mode yet and half the people who play the competitive mode are idiots (though some are not only not dicks but helpful to newbies!)
Old 01-22-13, 10:57 PM

Received 515 Likes on 371 Posts

Just finished the single player campaign. I'm surprised at how much I enjoyed it. It was a nice change of pace from the usual run-and-gun military FPS like COD and Battlefield. Definitely worth a rental.
Old 01-27-13, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Have some friends who have this and would like to get a forth person for the co-op run. I really don't care to spend $40.00 right now since GOW is coming up and may get Aliens.

If I were to buy a used copy just what will I be missing in terms of the "codes" that comes with the new one?Is it something really good, needed or important or just another skin or two?
Old 02-26-13, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ended up getting this used at $20. Just doing the solo campaign on recruit and then two or three of us are starting the co-op either tonight or tomorrow.

Have to say I've ben really surprised how much I've enjoyed the game overall. The game itslef reminds me of TC:Rainbow Six Vegas. A good blend of action, cordination, stealth and suspense. The AI, both friendly and hostle have been pretty good. Not too smart and not too dumb. Action , graphics, sound have all been really surprising. Overall I give the game a 8.7.Haven't done MP but doubt i will with GOW getting close and I just want to finish the co-op campaign.

For those who played would getting the DLC Raven be worhtwhile? Apparently it's mainly a new five misson campaign add-on. Also do you need actually four people to do the Guerrilla Mode? That's something I want to do but wasn't sure how it worked?
Old 02-26-13, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
For those who played would getting the DLC Raven be worhtwhile? Apparently it's mainly a new five misson campaign add-on. Also do you need actually four people to do the Guerrilla Mode? That's something I want to do but wasn't sure how it worked?
Hmm I didnt know this was out. Here is a review I found:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/...ke-dlc-review/
Old 02-26-13, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Funny you bumped this thread, because I rented the game from the library last week but haven't had a chance to start it yet.
Old 02-27-13, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Finished the solo campaign last night and to me was worth every penny. Looking back I wish I went ahead and spent the extra $12 for the new game and got the pass or DLC or whatever came with the new copy.

I played recruit thru solo like I said to get a feel of the game before doing the coop part on veteran. Even playing recruit there are plenty of areas that were challenging. And even doing some of the misson challenges (to complet to get better stuff) are no cake walk.

Overall...highly recommended though a little late in the game since it's been out several months. Anyone who is a Rainbox Six fan would love it. A blend of Rainbox Six and COD: Black Ops.

On a side note I have to wonder how our Russian friends thought of the game? With American Spec Ops speaking Russian, going into their homeland defending one Russian side while taking down an evil Russian side.
Old 03-04-13, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Finished it last night and although I enjoyed it, I'm glad it was just a rental. Maybe playing it co op would have solved some of the issues because at times my squad was just flat out useless. I died multiple times because they would not heal me and I had to restart to the last checkpoint twice because they wouldn't regroup at a door at the end of a firefight. Playing this really reminded me of how much I want another Rainbow Six game.
Old 03-04-13, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Speaking of co-op, me and a friend are doing it on Elite. Takes all but one or two shots and you're down and no; the AI will not heal you. But we've learned to use the two AI soldiers a lot in sync shots because they don't miss and can get many places without being detected.

So far it's been a combination of fun and pain and some frustration but I'm really liking the game. The last three matches we've hit 80/100, 100/100 and 90/100. When we get around to Guerrilla Mode you are more than welcome to join.

And speaking of Rainbox Six, there is another in the works that is to come out this year. I've still got RS:Vegas 2 which I started with a friend in co-op but never finished which I would like to get around on.
Old 03-04-13, 08:31 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My group enjoyed the game...on elite it was frustrating because one of the 4 of us is not as skilled as the others, and he kept going down, but besides that it was easy.

All of us though miss the coop maps from the last GRAW. They put in another horde type mode, replacing one of the best coop game modes this generation.
Old 08-18-13, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts

Finished it (on veteran) earlier today. This game is sweet. The controls are great, the AI is awesome helping u with kills and they always healed me no matter how hectic it got. Love synch shots, actually seeing your AI teammates running around the perimeter looking for the right spot to take the shot is awesome. Also liked a lot Diamond position. It's was nice trying and trying over again till I got it right to complete a section without being frustrated (although the difficulty ramped up in the later levels).

Spoiler:
Got to the final level last night and was at the end where 2 fleeing HTV's where left. Man was that a bitch. It didn't help that I was trying to beat the Tactical Challenge of under 6minutes to kill. Anyway I tried and tried many times and I was getting kinda frustrated so then I decided to forget about the challenge but it was still hard. Trying to find a good balance of killing enemies and not letting the last HTV escape. I got mad so I decided to do it tomorrow morning (today).

Tried it earlier today loaded it up and was at a check point (which I wasn't getting last night) after killing the first one. So I just ran my ass after the last one without killing many enemies in my way got shot downed and revived and kept running and made it to final scene/checkpoint... On my first try, I was so happy.

Last edited by gerrythedon; 08-18-13 at 06:42 PM.