Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

International Blu-ray deals

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-18, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: International Blu-ray deals

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
Amazon.de(Germany) is having a 3 for the price of 2 sale on a ton of movies and video games. Don't know if there are any deals to be had, but figured it might be worth a look. I couldn't find a page with everything included.
Amazon Amazon
Old 08-31-18, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Classic Films
Some great deals here. Make sure you are ordering from Amazon.uk. Many of these movies are currently out of stock from Amazon.uk and the site defaults to a 3rd party vendor with stock. You can still order from Amazon,uk but item shipped by Amazon.uk is listed with available from other vendors.
This deal is dead (for most titles). Regret not being able to take advantage of so many deeply discounted titles not released in the USA.
Old 09-01-18, 09:22 PM

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

30 Film Complete Universal Classic Monster Set $83.54 shipped to the US.from Canada. Probably a bit better since price uses Amazon currency conversion. Also depends on credit card used.

Amazon Amazon
Old 09-02-18, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

30 Film Complete Universal Classic Monster Set $83.54 shipped to the US.from Canada. Probably a bit better since price uses Amazon currency conversion. Also depends on credit card used.

https://www.amazon.ca/Universal-Clas...+%5BBlu-ray%5D
If I didn't already own 3 of the br boxes & the rest on dvd I'd be all over this.
Old 09-03-18, 06:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
If I didn't already own 3 of the br boxes & the rest on dvd I'd be all over this.
Just FYI
Wally World .com has this set for $72.62 I believe I saw-
Old 09-03-18, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by papapauly
Just FYI
The BD set? I'm seeing $140 now, but the DVD is around $70. Maybe WM caught the error and fixed in the last couple hours

I think most people are waiting for the resolution of the screwed up 2nd disc with Revenge of the Cr 3D from the Creature Set though if the price is low enough then whether they officially replace that disc may be irrelevant.
Old 09-03-18, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by hariseldon
The BD set? I'm seeing $140 now, but the DVD is around $70. Maybe WM caught the error and fixed in the last couple hours

I think most people are waiting for the resolution of the screwed up 2nd disc with Revenge of the Cr 3D from the Creature Set though if the price is low enough then whether they officially replace that disc may be irrelevant.
What's exactly the issue? Good to know there is a problem.
Old 09-03-18, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What's exactly the issue? Good to know there is a problem.
The whole thing never filtered over here? It's all over every other forum.

The issue:
The 2D/3D of Revenge of the Creature was encoded incorrectly using the incorrect BD format. It was done Side by Side (like you;d see on You Tube) instead of the normal Framepacking which destroyed the resolution. Also indirectly it led to the 2D looking look a VHS tape.

The 2nd feature on teh disc was perfect and looks 10x better than Revenge.

The result and my unbiased (of course) dissection of the nuclear aftermath:
The running conspiracy theory is that Universal intentionally sabotaged their own disc to cheap out (or as a Middle finger to all 3D fans so they can cancel all future 3D discs) leading to post after post of escalating excoriations toward Universal for penny pinching, greed, arrogance, incompetence, and Intelligentsia level plans. As typical with no evidence, but the Zombies feeding off each other has turned into a full blown frenzy with ever increasing ridiculous level accusation. It has either been humorous or disgusting depending on your penchant.

These guys have flooded Amazon reviews, Universal twitter/facebook/email with (Tens/Hundreds) of 1000's of nonstop hate mail and accusations since last Tuesday Since it;s no cheaper to do it this way than the correct way, IMO that theory holds zero water and it was just a huge mistake somewhere down the line of encoders/QC.

Bob Furmanek the 3D Guru and his company were contracted to do the restoration and is currently trying to get with Universal to see what happened and what the solutions are. Universal could either eat the 30 film Boxset and Creature Standalone sets which is already on the shelves and nobody is going to buy or they can announce a correct disc replacement program.

Of course hitting on a preHoliday week with a 3-4 day Holiday week has hampered any corporate ability to respond yet, which of has fueled the Zombies into a froth b/c "they're not doing anything and it's obvious they don;t care and obviously aren't going to fix it." For some reason the fact that a full disc replacement program wasn't announced within 2 hrs of the first report is slam dunk evidence of them being right about Universal (holding company under the Blofeld Corporation umbrella). For some reason they can't accept that it takes a bit of time for messages to reach the Sub-Volcano level offices

My totally absolutely ridiculous response which is beyond the pale:
Spending a few thousand dollars on a replacement program vs eating a multi hundred thousand dollar sunk release cost seems to logically be a no brainer, but that hasn't stopped the frenzy of course. Neither of these sets are aimed at walk by shoppers and the Collectors certainly aren't going to buy it or keep it -- hundreds+ of returns/cancellations have already happened since the Zombies aren't even willing to wait for a first response from universal.

Last edited by hariseldon; 09-03-18 at 07:02 PM.
Old 09-03-18, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Disc replacement would be a good idea.

But good ideas never stopped Universal from being something even more special.
Old 09-03-18, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ok -- a real deal after the absurdity

Arrow Last House on the Left Limited edition for $12.23CAD Arrow Last House on the Left Limited edition for $12.23CAD

This is the full US release with Book and CD, not a Canadian or UK release or re-packaged version.

Amazon.ca -- this set has been on an extended downward pattern for a couple weeks -- now at $12.40CAD which is around $17.50USD shipped. It started around $20 a few weeks ago, dropped to 15 last week and now sub 12.50. Amazon.com hasn't dropped much less than $35 after sales tax for most US customers so far.

I ordered last Tuesday, it shipped Thursday and it arrived Friday. Amazon Ca shipping has never been cheap (though not outrageous), but this is the 4th or 5th order in a row that has arrived 24-48 hrs after shipment which is 1-2 days faster than my Amazon.com Prime shipping has been lately

Last edited by hariseldon; 09-04-18 at 12:00 AM.
Old 09-03-18, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by papapauly
Just FYI
Unless there has been a recent price change I think it is the DVD set that is $70.62. The blu ray is currently $144.27 at Walmart.
Old 09-03-18, 11:56 PM

Alfred Hitchcock Ultimate Collection - In additional to the movies this version includes select episodes of his TV series. USD $47.65 shipped to USA . From Amazon Canada.

Amazon Amazon
Old 09-04-18, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 612 Likes on 450 Posts

Amazon.ca -- this set has been on an extended downward pattern for a couple weeks -- now at $12.40CAD which is around $17.50USD shipped. It started around $20 a few weeks ago, dropped to 15 last week and now sub 12.50. Amazon.com hasn't dropped much less than $35 after sales tax for most US customers so far.

I ordered last Tuesday, it shipped Thursday and it arrived Friday. Amazon Ca shipping has never been cheap (though not outrageous), but this is the 4th or 5th order in a row that has arrived 24-48 hrs after shipment which is 1-2 days faster than my Amazon.com Prime shipping has been lately
Alfred Hitchcock Ultimate Collection - In additional to the movies this version includes select episodes of his TV series. USD $47.65 shipped to USA . From Amazon Canada.

https://www.amazon.ca/Alfred-Hitchco...A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB

Thanks to both of you for posting these deals! I live here and use the Canadian site quite often yet I rarely spot them anymore. Gotta keep an eye peeled now. I seem to recall a similar period in the past (maybe last year, or earlier?) where there were suddenly all these ridiculous deals that actually worked out great for buyers on both sides of the border, then not much at all for the longest time.

Incidentally, for those still interested, the LAST HOUSE set is now down to $11.86, limit of 3 (same for the Hitchcock box, so clearly they've anticipated a run on them)

Last edited by Brian T; 09-04-18 at 02:24 PM.
Old 09-04-18, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

The whole thing never filtered over here? It's all over every other forum.

The issue:
The 2D/3D of Revenge of the Creature was encoded incorrectly using the incorrect BD format. It was done Side by Side (like you;d see on You Tube) instead of the normal Framepacking which destroyed the resolution. Also indirectly it led to the 2D looking look a VHS tape.

The 2nd feature on teh disc was perfect and looks 10x better than Revenge.

The result and my unbiased (of course) dissection of the nuclear aftermath:
The running conspiracy theory is that Universal intentionally sabotaged their own disc to cheap out (or as a Middle finger to all 3D fans so they can cancel all future 3D discs) leading to post after post of escalating excoriations toward Universal for penny pinching, greed, arrogance, incompetence, and Intelligentsia level plans. As typical with no evidence, but the Zombies feeding off each other has turned into a full blown frenzy with ever increasing ridiculous level accusation. It has either been humorous or disgusting depending on your penchant.

These guys have flooded Amazon reviews, Universal twitter/facebook/email with (Tens/Hundreds) of 1000's of nonstop hate mail and accusations since last Tuesday Since it;s no cheaper to do it this way than the correct way, IMO that theory holds zero water and it was just a huge mistake somewhere down the line of encoders/QC.

Bob Furmanek the 3D Guru and his company were contracted to do the restoration and is currently trying to get with Universal to see what happened and what the solutions are. Universal could either eat the 30 film Boxset and Creature Standalone sets which is already on the shelves and nobody is going to buy or they can announce a correct disc replacement program.

Of course hitting on a preHoliday week with a 3-4 day Holiday week has hampered any corporate ability to respond yet, which of has fueled the Zombies into a froth b/c "they're not doing anything and it's obvious they don;t care and obviously aren't going to fix it." For some reason the fact that a full disc replacement program wasn't announced within 2 hrs of the first report is slam dunk evidence of them being right about Universal (holding company under the Blofeld Corporation umbrella). For some reason they can't accept that it takes a bit of time for messages to reach the Sub-Volcano level offices

My totally absolutely ridiculous response which is beyond the pale:
Spending a few thousand dollars on a replacement program vs eating a multi hundred thousand dollar sunk release cost seems to logically be a no brainer, but that hasn't stopped the frenzy of course. Neither of these sets are aimed at walk by shoppers and the Collectors certainly aren't going to buy it or keep it -- hundreds+ of returns/cancellations have already happened since the Zombies aren't even willing to wait for a first response from universal.
Well spoken. It's sad that most aren't giving Universal the benefit of the doubt. I was able to cancel mine after the first reports came in and am just waiting to see how they're going to handle it before I purchase the set. Had I not been able to cancel I'd now be waiting on a replacement program before I got all worked up and did a return.
Old 09-05-18, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Brian T
Thanks to both of you for posting these deals! I live here and use the Canadian site quite often yet I rarely spot them anymore. Gotta keep an eye peeled now. I seem to recall a similar period in the past (maybe last year, or earlier?) where there were suddenly all these ridiculous deals that actually worked out great for buyers on both sides of the border, then not much at all for the longest time.

Incidentally, for those still interested, the LAST HOUSE set is now down to $11.86, limit of 3 (same for the Hitchcock box, so clearly they've anticipated a run on them)
Currently $16.77 USD (shipped) for Last House On The Left.
Old 09-05-18, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
Currently $16.77 USD (shipped) for Last House On The Left.
I bit yesterday at 11.86 CDN (shipping to Canada, of course), but have half a mind to cancel and place the order again (it's at $11.21 CDN as I type this). Knowing my luck, though, as soon as I cancel the price will shoot back up. I should just be glad I paid what I did!
Old 09-05-18, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I bit yesterday at 11.86 CDN (shipping to Canada, of course), but have half a mind to cancel and place the order again (it's at $11.21 CDN as I type this). Knowing my luck, though, as soon as I cancel the price will shoot back up. I should just be glad I paid what I did!
Order first, then cancel assuming your in a window to can cancel.

OTOH, I strongly suspect even if you end up with 2 $16 copies you won't have to look too hard to make your money back. OTOH -- $0.62 CAD (0.45US)
probably isn't worth messing with unless you have something else to order along with it to average out shipping costs.

It was $16CAD+ $10 shipping last week when I ordered (about $20.50 USD) and I sold it for my cost yesterday to someone who couldn't order from Canada. I really don't like the Movie that much, but do like supporting Arrow and the LE packaging is awfully nice though and it is Wes Craven.
Old 09-05-18, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I really don't like the Movie that much, but do like supporting Arrow and the LE packaging is awfully nice though and it is Wes Craven.
Same here. This is definitely going in my "To Watch" pile and will be sealed for quite some time.
Old 09-06-18, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Order first, then cancel assuming your in a window to can cancel.

I pretty much did this, though I had to cancel the existing order first because I actually bought 3 copies (one for me, one for a friend, one to sell later) and so a second order attempt was rejected. Just re-ordered them at $10.86 CDN ($8.30 US and probably still dropping) and added in the Amityville trilogy at $29.99 CDN (mainly to finally watch the 3D disc).

Interesting that the LAST HOUSE listing still says "in stock" -- they must have found quite a stash in the warehouse!

Like you, it's not a fave, but it's "important" in its own weird way, and I appreciated it just enough to grab the MGM blu a few years back, and probably for more money than the Arrow set!

Quick note that Universal is planning on replacing the defective disc in the Creature set:

(from another site)

Universal Pictures Home Entertainment (UPHE) has identified a manufacturing issue which may affect the presentation of the 3D Blu-ray offering of the film Revenge of the Creature, released on August 28, 2018 as part of the Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection and the Creature From the Black Lagoon Complete Legacy Collection. The issue is isolated to this particular film and does not affect any other discs in the collections. UPHE’s goal is to always deliver the best possible product to its consumers. To that end, a replacement program is being established to ensure that those who have purchased either collection have the opportunity to receive a corrected Blu-ray disc featuring the 3D version of Revenge of the Creature and 2D version of The Creature Walks Among Us, should they encounter the issue. To receive an updated disc, please email [email protected]
Old 09-06-18, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I pretty much did this, though I had to cancel the existing order first because I actually bought 3 copies (one for me, one for a friend, one to sell later) and so a second order attempt was rejected.
Interesting -- it must be b/c you had one pre-processing and it wouldn't let you have 4 copies in the system at once.

After those 3 ship it would be interesting to see if you can load the cart again.
I don't think there is a 3 copy per buyer total limit, but it does limit to 3 at once.
Old 09-06-18, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

Well, I broke the spell on Last House on the Left. Ordered at $10.73 and now it rocketed up to $12.03.

Nearly every time I viewed my cart, it had dropped a cent or two.
Old 09-06-18, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by andicus
Well, I broke the spell on Last House on the Left. Ordered at $10.73 and now it rocketed up to $12.03.

Nearly every time I viewed my cart, it had dropped a cent or two.
You won. It will interesting to see if it resumes it's downward trend again.

Last week it bumped from high 14 back to 16 for a day or so they resumed the spiral -- it's actually done similarly several times in the last 3 weeks looking at the 3-camel chart.
Old 09-06-18, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Interesting -- it must be b/c you had one pre-processing and it wouldn't let you have 4 copies in the system at once.

After those 3 ship it would be interesting to see if you can load the cart again.
I don't think there is a 3 copy per buyer total limit, but it does limit to 3 at once.
Would be interesting to see if that's possible after shipment. Not that I'd probably order more because three was enough. Although, if the price goes down again, it might be tempting to stockpile for re-sale later on when Arrow releases the regular edition and this one presumably goes OOP.
Old 09-06-18, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I pretty much did this, though I had to cancel the existing order first because I actually bought 3 copies (one for me, one for a friend, one to sell later) and so a second order attempt was rejected. Just re-ordered them at $10.86 CDN ($8.30 US and probably still dropping) and added in the Amityville trilogy at $29.99 CDN (mainly to finally watch the 3D disc).

Interesting that the LAST HOUSE listing still says "in stock" -- they must have found quite a stash in the warehouse!

Like you, it's not a fave, but it's "important" in its own weird way, and I appreciated it just enough to grab the MGM blu a few years back, and probably for more money than the Arrow set!

Quick note that Universal is planning on replacing the defective disc in the Creature set:

(from another site)
Does the 2d version on the same disc have issues also?
Old 09-06-18, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Does the 2d version on the same disc have issues also?
Both the 3D and 2D versions were messed up. The other Creature film was apparently perfect.

As expected, Universal has set up a program for the replacements are coming for those that request them in 4-6 weeks. It doesn't sound like there will be a recall of the old sets, but at some point it's expected the new discs will be packed in newly produced items. By past history it may take months or longer for the "good' sets to be in most stores and online warehouses.

If you're in for the 30 Film set, you might as well buy them and watch the other 29. If you're just in for the standalone Creature sets I guess it's probably easier at least to wait until the replacement disc are ready unless you find a great price which I haven't seen yet. the Amazon.ca price is still the best price I've seen at $19 + shipping

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.