Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon Prime - No Rush Shipping

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon Prime - No Rush Shipping

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-15, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Amazon Prime - No Rush Shipping

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
So now you can't buy Interstellar, Birdman, and Big Hero 6 Blu-rays unless you get Amazon prime?

http://www.amazon.com/Interstellar-B...terstellar+blu
This sounds like discussion for a separate thread or it's own; it doesn't seem related to the No Rush Shipping option.

That said, shitty move. I've supported Amazon and Prime for awhile now, but that's basically the type of thing people feared with Prime and I never expected them to actively exclude normal shoppers.
Old 04-10-15, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

I just went to buy a book, expecting to be offered the Prime Pantry credit, but instead was offered a $1 digital books/movies/music credit.
Old 04-10-15, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 471 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
I just went to buy a book, expecting to be offered the Prime Pantry credit, but instead was offered a $1 digital books/movies/music credit.
The Prime Pantry credit lasted about a week (and cost me ~$12 in digital credits I'd rather have received). After I got a bunch built up and found they don't stack (and nothing in PP is lower cost than what I can get locally) I quit selecting "slow boat" delivery until the digital credit went back up.
Old 04-10-15, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

That Prime exclusive thing makes no sense. It's not like the prices were amazing.
Old 04-12-15, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

Amazon has been having problems of late filling orders on hot, new movies, even for Prime members. It's a small benefit they can push to Prime members that have been complaining they don't need streaming.

I think this new strategy is only going to get more aggressive.
Old 04-12-15, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Amazon has been having problems of late filling orders on hot, new movies, even for Prime members. It's a small benefit they can push to Prime members that have been complaining they don't need streaming.

I think this new strategy is only going to get more aggressive.
i await the day when a non prime member cannot access the site, or have to wait 30 mins after attempting before being allowed entry.

maybe they will have a little buffering wheel with testy messages. "if you weren't a cheap bastard, YOU could be buying wolf urine right now."

"a prime member just picked up a criterion movie for 19.99, wonder if we will have enough in stock left for YOU"
Old 04-14-17, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 377 Likes on 236 Posts

For the first time in what seems like forever, I went to buy a book at Amazon and wasn't offered a $1 digital credit, $5 pantry credit or anything. My options were:

$3.99 or 1-day shipping (to arrive April 17)
Free 2-day shipping (to arrive April 18)
Free standard shipping (to arrive April 21)

Aside from the occasional time when I want something to arrive later, because I may be out of town earlier, what's my incentive for choosing the cheaper, slower option? It's not a book I need immediately. I think I'll hold off a bit to see if some credit option appears later. I'd gotten so used to the "extra", I'll be sad if they've gone away from it.
Old 04-15-17, 07:44 AM

Received 50 Likes on 38 Posts

I have not been offered the $1 digital credit in what seems like forever (maybe a year or more). I still get offered the $5 prime pantry credit (got offered one just yesterday, although those don't interest me). I really miss the digital credits, once in a while they would even double it and give me $2 digital credit for just 1 purchase, but those sadly were short-lived.

It's interesting that you weren't offered any credit on your recent purchase, also interesting how what they offer customers seem to change and fluctuate.
Old 05-07-17, 07:31 AM

Received 50 Likes on 38 Posts

Yesterday I was offered (and accepted) a $1 digital no-rush shipping credit for the 1st time in what seems like a long time. I hope they keep offering them.
Old 05-07-17, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

I accepted three Prime Pantry credits in a row hoping to get the digital credits back. I've also just gone with two-day shipping hoping to turn the tide.
Old 05-15-17, 11:05 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

I ordered a couple of the Universal Monster Legacy sets, however Fry's has them for much cheaper. I'm expecting the sets in the mail tomorrow. If I don't open the UPS package, can I simply take it to UPS and have them mark it as refused? Or is that not allowed?
Old 05-16-17, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by E Unit
I ordered a couple of the Universal Monster Legacy sets, however Fry's has them for much cheaper. I'm expecting the sets in the mail tomorrow. If I don't open the UPS package, can I simply take it to UPS and have them mark it as refused? Or is that not allowed?
I wouldnt refuse them. I would go into your order at Amazon and then say you want to return them because you didnt receive them on time. There is an option for late delivery onthere and Amazon will cover the shipping.
Old 05-16-17, 09:30 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Thanks, that's why I didn't want to do the standard return when I saw that I had to pay. I clicked the option that I didn't receive them on time and it defaulted the return cost to $0.00.
Old 05-16-17, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by E Unit
Thanks, that's why I didn't want to do the standard return when I saw that I had to pay. I clicked the option that I didn't receive them on time and it defaulted the return cost to $0.00.
If you have Prime and it was two day shipping, you can also get a free extended month of Prime. Any time they miss the two day, just send them an email requesting it and they'll usually give it to you.
Old 10-26-17, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 377 Likes on 236 Posts

Just received a $5 grocery offer for accepting no-rush shipping (on an item that is currently out-of-stock, no less). This offer can't be used with Prime Pantry, however. First time I've encountered it.

We'll automatically apply a $5 Grocery reward to your account when this order ships. Offer redemption requires customers to be in the U.S. The reward can be used on any Grocery purchase that is shipped from and sold by Amazon.com. This reward may not be used on Baby Food or orders placed through Prime Pantry, AmazonFresh, or Prime Now.
Old 07-06-18, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

When placing an order today, I noticed there was a No Rush Shipping option that gave a small discount on my order. The $11.99 Transformers the Movie Blu-ray I ordered had 61 cents off