Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Blu-Ray Enrollment Titles?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-11, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
FWIW, I've placed some membership cost calculation scenarios in a post in the Questions Thread.
Old 04-20-11, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Blu-Ray Enrollment Titles?

Originally Posted by groundhog
Hey Gang,
Just curious, I signed up an account last Friday and one Saturday. On Saturday I could login with the name and passcode I created. As of Monday I cannot login. My card has not been charged either. Although I did get the welcome emails. Have I been rejected and should I start trying to join with a different address or something. Or do I need to give it a few days? Seems like a lit of people are already viewing their dvds as shipped. Any advice?
Dont take this the wrong way, but could you be mixing up your username and passwords?
Old 04-20-11, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Yup. Always do separate orders for B1G2.

If they haven't shipped yet, you can call CS and ask them to cancel, or use the automated contact system. It doesn't take long for them to respond. Then, you can reorder using the same code, as it's unlimited use.
Took your advice and cancelled the order.. their customer service has really improved BTW.. Gonna re-do them individually and get a couple more Sesame Street DVDs. Thanks for the tip.
Old 04-20-11, 03:54 PM

@IJMSPORT (and anyone else that may know something)

I tried several times and no luck on logging in. I wrote the usernames and passwords down along with the titles I ordered on each just so I wouldn't get confused.

Saturday evening I did sign up for a third account using my work address. I may have made the mistake of using the same credit card because I received the same message a few have got...

Thank You For Your Interest

Thank you for your membership application. Your enrollment package will be sent upon successful processing and verification of your requests. Should you have any questions, please contact our Customer Service Department.

Member Service Center
PO Box 6325
Camp Hill, PA 17012-6325

I thought maybe the one account wouldn't go through for using the same credit card. I actually called customer service and told them I was able to login on Saturday but have not been able to login since. They told me that it sometimes takes up to three days to get the accounts set up and I should give it until Friday. They had no record of my address showing up even as pending.

I guess at this point, with so much stuff on backorder already, maybe I just wait and rejoin on Friday and hope for the best.

Any advice or knowledge on what is going on? I have never been rejected by them or blacklisted...and I go back to the days of the Columbia House laserdisc club!
Old 04-20-11, 04:46 PM

I dont know, dude.. All of my thoughts are just speculation, but maybe you kinda flooded them and theyre just trying to figure out whats what. Maybe the 3rd account with the same credit card is a red flag to them. Who knows?

Is it just the one account you cant get into or you cant get into either of the two accounts (not counting the 3rd, which looks like it got rejected)?
Old 04-20-11, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by groundhog
Hey Gang,
Just curious, I signed up an account last Friday and one Saturday. On Saturday I could login with the name and passcode I created. As of Monday I cannot login. My card has not been charged either. Although I did get the welcome emails. Have I been rejected and should I start trying to join with a different address or something. Or do I need to give it a few days? Seems like a lit of people are already viewing their dvds as shipped. Any advice?

The exact same thing happened to my application that I placed on April 11. I e-mailed CH about it and got some useless canned response. I then e-mailed CH yesterday at [email protected] asking them to check on the status of this application. I was very specific-

Date of Application
Account # (that they had listed in one of their e-mails)
Titles(with selection numbers)
Total Price

I got an e-mail today stating that I was accepted and they gave me a different account number. I went to the site and was able to set up a new user name and password by inputing this new account number and zip code in the proper boxes. I can now sign in and it shows that my enrollment titles shipped yesterday. I have a feeling that they set up an account for me based on this last e-mail. If I didn't send a follow-up e-mail with the specifics, I feel that this application would still be lost in limbo. If I were you, I would e-mail them about this application and be very specific with the details. Good luck.
Old 04-20-11, 06:18 PM

@Sweet Baby James

I actually just got off the phone with them myself. The lady was a cut above the normal CSR. She took the account number I was given and address, and said there was a glitch last week. She said it shouldn't be a problem fixing it. Of course I just gave her the one account, maybe I will go ahead and email all of the information as you did and I bet that will take care of things. If not...just rejoin.

Many thanks
Old 04-20-11, 07:02 PM

Okay. Signed up. Sweet deal.
Can't wait to take advantage of the B1G2...

BUT!!!

I can't find any Blus for over 19.95!!!

Everything I have looked up is under that!!!

What is everyone buying as their fullfillments???
Old 04-20-11, 07:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DrnknMstr2
What is everyone buying as their fullfillments???
digibooks
Old 04-20-11, 07:14 PM

DrmknMastr2.. unless you see something you just have to have, stick with the BDs that are 20.97. Easiest (and cheapest way to fulfill).
Old 04-20-11, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by DrnknMstr2
BUT!!!

I can't find any Blus for over 19.95!!!

Everything I have looked up is under that!!!
Check the new releases. There's a few eye-openers there.
Old 04-20-11, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The easiest way I found was go to the tab "The Blu Room" locate on the upper left hand side. And I put it on the view 100 at a time which is only 10 pages. The $19.95 and up titles are there, not that many but they are there and some pretty nice titles.

Another good place to check is upcoming releases, I picked up The Illusionist for $23.95 When it comes down to it getting a brand new release for about $6 when all is said and done is awesome. True I am going to have to wait for it to release but I planned on having 1 account kept open while closing/reopening another one since honestly there is really only 1 maybe 2 more times I could do this as far as titles left that I really would like to get.
Old 04-20-11, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the 7-2 plan gone? I don't see anything about it on the site.
Old 04-20-11, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, when I tried to click through that's gone. When that's back up, I'll join.
Old 04-20-11, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Schloob1
The easiest way I found was go to the tab "The Blu Room" locate on the upper left hand side. And I put it on the view 100 at a time which is only 10 pages. The $19.95 and up titles are there, not that many but they are there and some pretty nice titles.

Another good place to check is upcoming releases, I picked up The Illusionist for $23.95 When it comes down to it getting a brand new release for about $6 when all is said and done is awesome. True I am going to have to wait for it to release but I planned on having 1 account kept open while closing/reopening another one since honestly there is really only 1 maybe 2 more times I could do this as far as titles left that I really would like to get.
You're lucky. I was only able to find 2 accounts worth of enrollment titles I didn't already own and wanted to own. Hell, my 2nd account (of course, the one that goes through and ships first) is littered w/questionable blind buys like Dark Crystal and Labyrinth. Titles that I initially had no interest in buying, but when I can get them for around $3, then what the heck.
Old 04-20-11, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ghostbuster
Is the 7-2 plan gone? I don't see anything about it on the site.

It's still working for me.
Old 04-20-11, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well then could you please give us a link? The one on the first page isn't working for me. Thanks.
Old 04-20-11, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jrsl76
Well then could you please give us a link? The one on the first page isn't working for me. Thanks.

The link on the first page still works for me-

http://www.columbiahouse.com/pages/n....jsp?YSID=1556

If this link doesn't work for you, then try manually entering the address. If that's still a no-go, then clear your CH cookies and give it another whirl.
Old 04-20-11, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Interesting. License is the typical American spelling, and Licence is the typical British spelling. I never realized the movie used the British spelling. It makes sense, being a Bond movie and all, but I'm surprised I never noticed before... There is another movie called "License to Kill" starring Denzel Washington...
CH has now corrected the spelling back to Licence. Alas, it's still not available as an enrollment selection.
Old 04-20-11, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks, looks like a cookie issue.
Old 04-20-11, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone know if the African Queen is only available as a Digibook which would then make the fulfillment title a digibook.
Old 04-20-11, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jrsl76
Anyone know if the African Queen is only available as a Digibook which would then make the fulfillment title a digibook.

TAQ is a Paramount title. It is not a digibook.
Old 04-20-11, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 2nd account is active and just like the 1st account all my titles are backordered and only 1 has a in stock date. Gonna be waiting but it will be worth the wait I guess.
Old 04-21-11, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I could have sworn that I saw TAQ at Best Buy as a Digibook. Guess I was mistaken.
Old 04-21-11, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks OP, my first new CH account since 2008.

Originally Posted by lizard
FWIW, I've placed some membership cost calculation scenarios in a post in the Questions Thread.
Thanks Lizard, that was very helpful. In spite of my 50 or so CH accounts over the years, your mastery of CH mathematics far surpasses mine.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.