Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Hamilton Books

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-11, 10:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Hamilton Books

Looking at placing my first order from Hamilton.

My question is do the DVD's have the slashed bar codes like a lot
of the Big Lots cases seem to quite often have or are they non-slashed?

And also any OOP Anchor Bay to be found?
Old 02-15-11, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 91 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevy
Looking at placing my first order from Hamilton.

My question is do the DVD's have the slashed bar codes like a lot
of the Big Lots cases seem to quite often have or are they non-slashed?

And also any OOP Anchor Bay to be found?
If the title has a star next to it in the catalog, or says "current item" on the web page, it will not have a slash. Those are frontline, and you can usually tell by the (higher) price.

With anything else, there is indeed a good chance there will be a slash/sticker/black marker mark. At the same time, not to give you false hope or mislead you, many don't. It's very hit or miss.

We don't have anything OOP from AB, but you can search the web page by publisher to see what we do have from them...not much but some good deals. I am working on getting more currently.
Old 02-15-11, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by GoldenWheels
If the title has a star next to it in the catalog, or says "current item" on the web page, it will not have a slash. Those are frontline, and you can usually tell by the (higher) price.

With anything else, there is indeed a good chance there will be a slash/sticker/black marker mark. At the same time, not to give you false hope or mislead you, many don't. It's very hit or miss.

We don't have anything OOP from AB, but you can search the web page by publisher to see what we do have from them...not much but some good deals. I am working on getting more currently.

Thanks for the info. The slashed bar codes never bother me when
purchasing from Big Lots, Etc. As long as the disc is not a floater
inside, can't think of any real deal breakers for me outside of price
when purchasing a movie.

One more question........I seen in previous posts mention about catalogs.
Are there titles listed in the catalogs that are not shown online? And any
difference between a catalog and online price on a title(s)
Old 02-15-11, 12:14 PM

To Goldenwheels,

do you know if the Brother Sun, Sister Moon or Catch-22 Paramount titles are US releases or Canadian ones with French?
Old 02-15-11, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by bray
To Goldenwheels,

do you know if the Brother Sun, Sister Moon or Catch-22 Paramount titles are US releases or Canadian ones with French?

I called over to the warehouse and they are the bi-lingual versions.

Those used to be something I avoided but most of my customers don't care--but to be frank I hate having the French text on my cases at home, and avoid whenever I can.
Old 02-15-11, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Kevy
Thanks for the info. The slashed bar codes never bother me when
purchasing from Big Lots, Etc. As long as the disc is not a floater
inside, can't think of any real deal breakers for me outside of price
when purchasing a movie.

One more question........I seen in previous posts mention about catalogs.
Are there titles listed in the catalogs that are not shown online? And any
difference between a catalog and online price on a title(s)
Online is the most complete--if you know when to look.

All titles start in our New Arrivals catalog. Those titles DO go onto the website simultaneously BUT I haven't normally advertised exactly when that happens and may not do it anymore...it simply isn't fair to our catalog customers who have built the business over the years, because you guys can go on the site and order before the longtime catalog customers even have it in their mailbox!

(Most of the time that is no big deal, but for instance with the previously mentioned Criterion title: it sold out almost exclusively on the web, to a very few customers who ordered in multiples, in a matter of days. Meanwhile I still have West Coast mail orders rolling in for it who will now be disappointed.)

Once a title has been in New Arrivals, it moves either to the Main Bargain or the DVD Catalog, or in certain cases, both. All of those titles will also be on the website. Then the next new arrivals catalog is a whole new batch of goodies.

Only drawback to the website is the extra shipping cost of .50 per item. Catalog is a flat $3.50 no matter how much you order.

Anyone who buys most DVDs (outside opera, cooking, etc, which fall into different catalogs) will get the DVD catalog. Great bathroom reading if I do say so myself, even if you don't do an order.
Old 02-27-11, 01:42 AM

Thanks for the info. Will be placing my first ever order from Hamilton
this week.
Old 03-12-11, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

New batch added...you can use the date last added as 3/1/2011 and bindcode DVD in the powersearch to check them out.

Highlights IMO: a great batch of Acorn overstocks if you are interested in that sort of thing, a batch of Mill Creek even cheaper than normal. Also some Sony TV, Policewoman, What's Happening, SWAT, etc.
Old 11-14-11, 10:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I placed an order with Hamilton over the weekend, and I have been extremely satisfied with all my purchases from them as of late (most of which has included a lot of Marvel Premiere hardcover collections):

Two Evil Eyes 9.95
Super Friends, Volume Two 1.95
Challenge of the Super Friends, Season 1 3.95
Blue Sunshine: Special Edition 3.95
Killer's Kiss 2.95
Rustlers' Rhapsody 5.95 (after waiting as long as I could to find this at Big Lots ...)
Inner Sanctum Mysteries 9.95
Lost in Space Season 3, Vol. 2 9.95

W/ S&H, $55.30. Not too bad, 6.91 average for 8 items, 4 of which are tv season sets. The DVD catalog I got last week helped a great deal too; if you wanna send me those on a recurrent basis, Hamilton Books, that will be just swell by me.
Old 11-14-11, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

They are *great*! I've ordered a couple of DVDs since winning one in a challenge here on DVD Talk. The order arrived quickly and was well packed. I got ROBIN OF SHERWOOD: The Complete Collection for $34.95 + shipping (under $39 total). They still have copies at that price which is the best price I've seen on this title (it's ~$61 at amazon).

I like their catalogs too, both book and DVD. I enjoy browsing through them while watching TV.

Support these guys! They support us by donating prizes for many (all?) of the monthly challenges!
Old 02-14-12, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've ordered books from this company for many, many years, and they just have the best service. I just picked up a couple of box sets much cheaper than I saw anywhere else, The John Ford Film Collection and the Literary Classics collection, both for $17.95 each.

And yes, their book and dvd catalogs are great browsing material!
Old 02-15-12, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Gentleman....I truly appreciate the kind words. We're so focused on mail order we still fly very much under the internet radar, feedback from satisfied customers like this is some of the only web rep we get and I thank you for it!

We've got some good deals on the Garr Group MGM repackages right now, all $6.95.

Title Item #
Run Silent, Run Deep/Beachhead/Beach Red 3494861
Valdez is Coming/The Ride Back/Buffalo Bill and the Indians 349487X
Blown Away/The Killer Elite/Betrayed 3494772
Breakheart Pass/Valdez is Coming/Missouri Breaks 3494780
Death Wish 2/3/4 3494799
Delta Force/Delta Force 2/Code of Silence 3494802
Elmer Gantry/Convicts/Birdman of Alcatraz 3494810
Eye of the Needle/Gorky Park/Company Business 3494829
Mechanic/Messenger of Death/Assassination 3494837
Missing in Action 1/2/3 3494845
Play Dirty/Dogs of War/Purple Plain 3494853

And I am busy bringing in as many new vendors and overstockers as I can! (each DVD catalog contains a new batch of pricecuts btw, usually a couple hundred, clearly marked...let my loss be your guys gain!)
Old 02-15-12, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GW, do you know if the RUN SILENT RUN DEEP version that is included on that set is anamorphic or is it a straight copy of the previously released flat letterboxed MGM version?
Old 02-15-12, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
GW, do you know if the RUN SILENT RUN DEEP version that is included on that set is anamorphic or is it a straight copy of the previously released flat letterboxed MGM version?
I went and pulled one and it does not say anywhere on the package but very safe money says it is the same old print. The Garr Group are repackagers (and good ones) but do not to my knowledge really remaster or upgrade anything.
Old 02-15-12, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Gentleman....I truly appreciate the kind words. We're so focused on mail order we still fly very much under the internet radar, feedback from satisfied customers like this is some of the only web rep we get and I thank you for it!
Well, your company is a pleasure to do business with. I've ordered from you steadily since the early 90s, and even with the advent of the internet---I usually still send in my handwritten order form and personal check to you, and you ship just as fast as companies where I order online with a a credit card. And aside from that, your prices are always competetive, often much better than competetive, and you have a really great selection of books, music and now movies of all types. And on the rare occasions anything I order from you is out of stock, you send the refund check at the same time as the order. Can't ask for much more than that.
Old 02-15-12, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I went and pulled one and it does not say anywhere on the package but very safe money says it is the same old print. The Garr Group are repackagers (and good ones) but do not to my knowledge really remaster or upgrade anything.
Thanks for the information. That's kind of what I figured. I do have a copy of it from MGM HD that's anamorphic, but this is still a great buy.
Old 02-18-12, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

We've got some good deals on the Garr Group MGM repackages right now, all $6.95.

Title Item #
Run Silent, Run Deep/Beachhead/Beach Red 3494861
Valdez is Coming/The Ride Back/Buffalo Bill and the Indians 349487X
Blown Away/The Killer Elite/Betrayed 3494772
Breakheart Pass/Valdez is Coming/Missouri Breaks 3494780
Death Wish 2/3/4 3494799
Delta Force/Delta Force 2/Code of Silence 3494802
Elmer Gantry/Convicts/Birdman of Alcatraz 3494810
Eye of the Needle/Gorky Park/Company Business 3494829
Mechanic/Messenger of Death/Assassination 3494837
Missing in Action 1/2/3 3494845
Play Dirty/Dogs of War/Purple Plain 3494853
Some fantastic deals here. I ordered three of these triples for $25 and change shipped which amounts to a little over $8.00 a set and less than $3 a movie, better than Big Lots.

I love Hamilton Books!
Old 02-19-12, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Golden Wheels, I placed an order tonight and noticed a typo in my road name on the confirmation page. I sent an email to the address listed on the site explaining this and giving the correct address, should I be okay?
Old 02-20-12, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SethDLH
Hey Golden Wheels, I placed an order tonight and noticed a typo in my road name on the confirmation page. I sent an email to the address listed on the site explaining this and giving the correct address, should I be okay?
Even if they didn't process your correction in time I think it will be okay (no orders nor service get done past Sat. 12 noon). If you are an existing customer already we'd address match to your last order and correct off of that but even if not a simple typo won't often screw up delivery...depending on what it is. If you just transposed a letter in the street name or something that is usually nothing. If, however you were #36 on your road, and you wrote #63 by accident...that could be an issue.
Old 02-20-12, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I wrote "Fairdeal" instead of Fairdel. I didn't think it would be much of an issue but decided to cover my bases. I've ordered before (great stuff!) but this is a new address for me.
Old 02-20-12, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am guessing that is the street name and that shouldn't be an issue assuming the rest if the info was correct. By the time it has been through the mail by state, zip, and town, your local postmaster usually fills in any gaps in delivery as the options for misships by that point have been so narrowed down.
Old 02-20-12, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I am guessing that is the street name and that shouldn't be an issue assuming the rest if the info was correct. By the time it has been through the mail by state, zip, and town, your local postmaster usually fills in any gaps in delivery as the options for misships by that point have been so narrowed down.
Yea, that is the street name. Thanks though, you guys have always been great. Can't wait to get this package.
Old 03-06-12, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hey, Golden Wheels do you work with orders by any chance? I haven't seen my package yet and we're up to 2 weeks. Hoping it's okay.
Old 03-21-12, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SethDLH
Hey, Golden Wheels do you work with orders by any chance? I haven't seen my package yet and we're up to 2 weeks. Hoping it's okay.
Seth, so sorry I didn't notice this sooner but check your PM.
Old 03-22-12, 03:45 PM

I ordered a bunch of stuff, and unfortunately just missed being able to snag "Machine Gun McCain."

Conquest 9.95
Dreamscape 7.95
Great Yokai War 2.95
Evil Roy Slade 5.95
Parker Lewis Can't Lose Complete First Season14.95
PLCL Complete Second Season 17.95
Three On a Meathook 19.95
Zatoichi Meets Yojimbo 11.95

S&H: 6.70

Total: 98.30

Yeah, shipping charges & probably could always find some of these cheaper, but I'm quite the fan of the Hamilton Books folks, so it's providing money to a fine company for all the other incredible book & movie deals I've gotten. Happy day!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.