Reload this Page >

Any goHastings Shipping coupons?

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 12-13-10, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The title says it all. I want quite a few used DVDs off goHastings but the shipping costs more than the DVDs that I want. Any shipping coupon codes out there?
Old 12-13-10, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Any goHastings Shipping coupons?

Originally Posted by TNAJason
The title says it all. I want quite a few used DVDs off goHastings but the shipping costs more than the DVDs that I want. Any shipping coupon codes out there?
The only shipping offer I know of is the free upgrade from Standard to Expedited. I don't believe there's a code required.
Old 12-13-10, 05:02 PM

I've noticed that over the holiday season that they've been periodically posting 1-day deals on their facebook page, including free shipping promotions. I'm hoping for one soon as well.
Old 12-14-10, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

They made a comment recently that a sale with FREE shipping included is coming soon.
Old 12-16-10, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Shipping Code: FREESHIP (Good 12/17 only)

Old 12-16-10, 06:13 PM

time to load up on cheapies in my wish list.
Old 12-17-10, 12:27 PM

Glad I placed my order at 6 AM - I can't even get the site to load now (and I've already received one out-of-stock email).
Old 12-18-10, 01:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welp, I ordered tonight, applied the coupon, the coupon said I wasn't being charged shipping, I submitted my order... and... I was charged shipping. Great. I've emailed them and I suppose I'll have to wait until Monday to call. Anyone know the fastest way to get through to their customer service?
Old 12-18-10, 11:37 AM

Got 32 movies for under 95 bucks. I'm so disgusted with myself right now.
Old 12-19-10, 06:05 PM
Banned

Made my order of about 25 movies late Friday night. Only received one cancellation [out-of-stock] e-mail so far.
Old 12-25-10, 01:20 AM

For the first time in my nearly two year history of ordering from Hastings, they sent all but one DVD in the same package. This was also my worst order to date. Out of the seven DVDs I ordered only two were in good condition and one wasn't even the right movie. One of them also smelled putrid and had what I think/hope is dried on food.

Last edited by kyleblack; 12-25-10 at 01:26 AM.
Old 12-25-10, 05:46 AM

I ordered around 30 dvds and no problem. The last of my order came in on christmas eve. Actually, it came in much faster than my black friday order. A couple of the dvd's did have ummmm, stuff on the discs(what are people doing with discs before they attempt to sell them and what are the buyers looking at when they accept. In the past, when I have sold dvd's, the buyer(Fye, Second Spin, indie stores) are usually quite strict about disc quality. But, whatev, I digress...). But with a little wiping down, which I do on all used disc purchases anyway, the discs were like new. I
Old 12-25-10, 02:56 PM

I received 29 out of the 32 so far with only one mistake. They sent the new Bad Lieutenant instead of the old one. Ordinarily I wouldn't mind, but I already own the Nic Cage one. I'll shoot them an email next week to get a refund. Plus the quality of the discs and packaging have been really good.
Old 12-25-10, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I was getting better packaging until yesterday, when I received an empty envelope marked "Received Unsealed." That's going to be fun to sort out, as there wasn't even a packing slip inside to let me know what got lost. Sadly, it looks like some books that are almost always OOS that I finally got orders through.
Old 12-25-10, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by starman9000
I was getting better packaging until yesterday, when I received an empty envelope marked "Received Unsealed." That's going to be fun to sort out, as there wasn't even a packing slip inside to let me know what got lost. Sadly, it looks like some books that are almost always OOS that I finally got orders through.
I feel your pain. I received my package that was suppose to have 7 used DVD's/Blu-Ray movies. The postman rang my doorbell to inform me that he received it opened and there was only 1 movie inside. Sure enough, it was the 1 lone DVD. The 6 missing Blu Ray's were all the Saw movies. I find the odds of that happening a little suspect..............
Old 12-26-10, 02:05 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like either Postal Workers are stealing, or GoHastings has some disgruntled employees who are purposely stealing then sending out the packages blank. Just let GoHastings know and they have to re-ship it to you or refund you. And I assume they're definitely going to want some answers from the Post Office about what the heck is going on, or from their own employees if its internal.