Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -- November 2011

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-11, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -- November 2011

Originally Posted by Noonan
Yup. Once you have the perk, you can add poison to their inventory while pickpocketing. The effects will happen instantly when you exit their inventory. Personally, I like using Frezy poison when they're around guards. They'll attack and the guards will kill them for you.
Dang I don't have the perk.. THis is a alchemy perk correct?
Old 12-06-11, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 905 Likes on 667 Posts

It's a pickpocket perk I believe. I think the skill has to be 50 to get it. I hadn't used it at all until I did the thieves guild. Had to raise it quite a bit to get through some of those missions. Training helped a lot.
Old 12-06-11, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z83wzJwrBK0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I had no clue you can buy kinnect for pc.
Old 12-06-11, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Xbox is just a very specific kind of PC. The Kinect has standard connections and inputs and outputs. It's all software that drives it.
Old 12-06-11, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any word on when the new patch comes out to fix the problems they created with resistances?
Old 12-06-11, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by House
Any word on when the new patch comes out to fix the problems they created with resistances?
Supposed to be sometime this week. Earlier in the week for PC, later in the week for consoles (yes, I know it's already Tuesday evening). Their blog update today said it's "in final testing." I've been playing the game offline for a week now and I'm getting tired of declining the patch every day.

Originally Posted by superfro
Started Discerning the Transmundane last night and holy shit, it's long. It doesn't help that even walking into Blackreach is a spiraling pit of time suck. Jesus christ. I think I spent 5 hours working my way to and on that whole area last night.
I did this same quest a couple of nights ago. Some of the areas in this game seem gigantic just for the sake of being gigantic, and they generally occur one right after another...after another...after another. There have been a few times where I've thought "Enough already!" with some of them. Blackreach is unique and amazing enough to overcome that, but sometimes you just want to finish a damn quest.
Old 12-07-11, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Fucking lost my follower when I told him to wait so I could sneak into town and murder a bitch.

Does he re-appear after I fast travel? NOPE.

Come on Bethesda
Old 12-07-11, 08:54 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I was investigating the murder of a family, and my follower kept raising the victims as zombies. Show some respect and keep the crime scene clean, will ya?
Old 12-07-11, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Heh.

I just found out you can have a army of followers of up to 6, and this does not include permament summons.
Old 12-07-11, 09:24 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Fucking lost my follower when I told him to wait so I could sneak into town and murder a bitch.

Come on Bethesda
he could have been killed...
Old 12-07-11, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

I was clearing out some kind of thieves den last night. Found a hidden treasure check with an "expert" lockpicking.

I never do much lockpicking because I use my perks for other stuff and the "novice" ones aren't really worth it.

Since I had a ton of lockpicks, I figure I would give it a shot. It took me about 25 lockpicks but I got that puppy open.

It jumped my lockpicking skills about 4 or 5 levels, haha. Maybe there is something to lockpicking after all!
Old 12-07-11, 09:27 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by mewmartigan
I was clearing out some kind of thieves den last night. Found a hidden treasure check with an "expert" lockpicking.

I never do much lockpicking because I use my perks for other stuff and the "novice" ones aren't really worth it.

Since I had a ton of lockpicks, I figure I would give it a shot. It took me about 25 lockpicks but I got that puppy open.

It jumped my lockpicking skills about 4 or 5 levels, haha. Maybe there is something to lockpicking after all!
There's also a magic stone thingy way to the north on a mountain that lets you automatically open up to expert locks.
Old 12-07-11, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Come on Bethesda
Originally Posted by foxdvd
Or maybe he killed himself due to an overwhelming sense of rejection cause you were a dick and did stuff without him.
Old 12-07-11, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by aktick
There's also a magic stone thingy way to the north on a mountain that lets you automatically open up to expert locks.
Do you happen to remember what it was called?
Old 12-07-11, 10:29 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by rocketsauce
I forgot, but Googling I see it's called The Tower Stone...directly west of the College of Winterhold. You might only be able to open 1 expert lock a day with it though, which wouldn't make it nearly as appealing.
Old 12-07-11, 10:31 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rocketsauce
magic stone thingy

actually it is The Tower Stone...and I think it has a limit of one pick a day...

I really liked The Steed Stone (adds 100 pounds to weight limit and armor adds no movement penalty) and The Lord Stone (Gain 50 points to damagae resistance, resist magic by 25%)...in fact the Lord Stone when combined with the 50% reduction in elemental damage from your shield perk makes you near invincible to magic/dragons (at least before the patch fucked that up)...throw in one decent ring that increases magic resistance and its even better...
Old 12-07-11, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Am I correct that the only thing that goes towards your overall leveling up is your ability level ups? So, no credit for completing missions or discovering location ala Fallout?
Old 12-07-11, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 905 Likes on 667 Posts

Correct
Old 12-07-11, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by aktick
I forgot, but Googling I see it's called The Tower Stone...directly west of the College of Winterhold. You might only be able to open 1 expert lock a day with it though, which wouldn't make it nearly as appealing.
magic stone thingy

actually it is The Tower Stone...and I think it has a limit of one pick a day...

I really liked The Steed Stone (adds 100 pounds to weight limit and armor adds no movement penalty) and The Lord Stone (Gain 50 points to damagae resistance, resist magic by 25%)...in fact the Lord Stone when combined with the 50% reduction in elemental damage from your shield perk makes you near invincible to magic/dragons (at least before the patch fucked that up)...throw in one decent ring that increases magic resistance and its even better...
Cool thanks!
Old 12-07-11, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Lord Stone (Gain 50 points to damagae resistance, resist magic by 25%)...in fact the Lord Stone when combined with the 50% reduction in elemental damage from your shield perk makes you near invincible to magic/dragons (at least before the patch fucked that up)...throw in one decent ring that increases magic resistance and its even better...
I need to find that Lord Stone. I am a pure mage elf and I get my butt handed to me by other mages due to my negative resistance.
Old 12-07-11, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Noonan
Correct
Thanks for confirming. That bugs me quite a bit. I have maxed out the abilities that fit my playstyle that I've been using for the past 100+ hours and seem to have hit a complete wall in terms of leveling up. I LOVE that the game levels you in response to your play style, but I feel at this point it's penalizing me for staying true to that style. So I'll have to do other things that I don't really have any interest in in order to progress. I find that counterproductive I guess.
Old 12-07-11, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

how do the stone things work?
you touch it and you have it for good? or do they only last for a certain amount of time?

also, do your followers level up when you level up?
Old 12-07-11, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Come on Bethesda
If you told your companion to wait he/she will wait at that spot for about 5 to 7 days then go back to your house or initial spawnpoint. A friend of mine had the same problem when he told Lydia to wait somewhere then forgot about it and she went back to his house eventually
Old 12-07-11, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought only way for followers to die is that you either kill him, or he gets something so nasty that it just kills him..like poison...i left him near the town..nothing should have killed him
Old 12-07-11, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by superfro
Thanks for confirming. That bugs me quite a bit. I have maxed out the abilities that fit my playstyle that I've been using for the past 100+ hours and seem to have hit a complete wall in terms of leveling up. I LOVE that the game levels you in response to your play style, but I feel at this point it's penalizing me for staying true to that style. So I'll have to do other things that I don't really have any interest in in order to progress. I find that counterproductive I guess.
Just train those skills you don't use.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.