Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anyone bought stuff from MovieMars.com?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Anyone bought stuff from MovieMars.com?

Old 08-29-17, 03:22 PM
Bea

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Anyone bought stuff from MovieMars.com?

Originally Posted by King Felix
Im curious because they have a blu ray that I want that is cheaper than I seen at other sites, Anyone had experience with them?
Yes, just bought a DVD blue ray and was scammed. Don't buy from them.
Old 08-29-17, 03:23 PM
Bea

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
Early on they used to sell used items resealed as NEW on Amazon until Amazon put an end to that. I received a copy of the original MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE apparently factory sealed, but when I opened it it had a video store rental sticker on the disc. Amazon cracked down on this for sellers abusing condition descriptions as NEW so I don't think MovieMars engages in this deception anymore, but I believe they still reseal used items and list them under USED-LIKE NEW as "SEALED ITEM." One could easily mistake that as being NEW and not USED. I tend to shy away from MovieMars.
They are still selling on amazon and scamming. Stay away.
Old 09-12-17, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mad4Movies
BEWARE!! I see that this is an old question, but yes I bought stuff at MovieMars.com (09/2012) and would not recommend them to my worst enemy! They sent me a DVD that does not play in my system or anywhere in the US for that matter (wrong region). When I contacted them about it, they said it was my fault for ordering the wrong thing (I don't know why I thought that by ordering a DVD from a company in NC to be shipped to me in the US that I would actually get a DVD that could be viewed in the US -- silly me!) but that I could send it back. They credited the cost of the disc, less shipping, and of course I had to pay return shipping. So, now that all is said and done, they have a useless DVD to send to someone else and I am out (2) shipping charges. I guess they make pretty good money on keeping customers' shipping charges. I will never buy anything from MovieMars.com again -- not even if my life depended on it. BEWARE -- they will send you products that don't work and you will be stuck with (2) shipping charges! Avoid at all cost! There are far better and more ethical DVD sellers out there in my opinion.

This is so fucking stupid, I've been dying of laughter for the past five minutes.
Old 09-12-17, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by islandclaws

This is so fucking stupid, I've been dying of laughter for the past five minutes.
Sounds liek the same guy that won movieguru's ebay auction.
Old 09-12-17, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 802 Likes on 676 Posts

MovieMars is actually one of the last independent media sellers left in the States outside the Super D empire.

They tend to undercut the Super D listings on eBay by a few percent.
Old 09-12-17, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,875 Posts

I've ordered a few things from them in the past, mostly stuff that had just slipped out of print (do I ever miss those weekly going OOP threads we used to have here) at a decen price, and they always came through.

Nothing recently, though.
Old 02-22-19, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by Mad4Movies
BEWARE!! I see that this is an old question, but yes I bought stuff at MovieMars.com (09/2012) and would not recommend them to my worst enemy! They sent me a DVD that does not play in my system or anywhere in the US for that matter (wrong region). When I contacted them about it, they said it was my fault for ordering the wrong thing (I don't know why I thought that by ordering a DVD from a company in NC to be shipped to me in the US that I would actually get a DVD that could be viewed in the US -- silly me!) but that I could send it back. They credited the cost of the disc, less shipping, and of course I had to pay return shipping. So, now that all is said and done, they have a useless DVD to send to someone else and I am out (2) shipping charges. I guess they make pretty good money on keeping customers' shipping charges. I will never buy anything from MovieMars.com again -- not even if my life depended on it. BEWARE -- they will send you products that don't work and you will be stuck with (2) shipping charges! Avoid at all cost! There are far better and more ethical DVD sellers out there in my opinion.
You seem to have forgotten that we live in a much smaller world now, and must be vigilant. Always check the full description of the product prior to purchase. I did when I ordered, and immediately saw that the DVD I was about to order was Region 1 (US and Canada only). Had it said otherwise, I would have sought out a different copy of that movie.
Old 09-30-20, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Bea
They are still selling on amazon and scamming. Stay away.
They are still around in Amazon...scamming people. bought a Vinyl from them on 13 Aug 2020 sent to malaysia and never received till now. told me to check with my custom and post office using the receiver details. just log a refund and hopefully i get it. not the cheapest on Amazon but only they have stock that time. suspect all the 95% positive review is fake.
Old 10-03-20, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

I recently ordered a few Blu-rays from them on Amazon about 6 weeks ago. Two weeks after placing the order, I received a shipping notification indicating that a label had been created. After 8 days with no actual package movement, I randomly received a refund through Amazon. No communication from MovieMars explaining anything, just the refund from Amazon. I left negative feedback and in looking through it, I wasn't the only person who'd had that happen recently.
Old 10-03-20, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 802 Likes on 676 Posts

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
I recently ordered a few Blu-rays from them on Amazon about 6 weeks ago. Two weeks after placing the order, I received a shipping notification indicating that a label had been created. After 8 days with no actual package movement, I randomly received a refund through Amazon. No communication from MovieMars explaining anything, just the refund from Amazon. I left negative feedback and in looking through it, I wasn't the only person who'd had that happen recently.
It's been happening more and more the past few months. To be fair, they've successfully fulfilled a majority of my orders this past year. But the same thing has happened to me ordering from them on both Amazon and eBay. This is just a guess but I think they are holding the money and earning a little floating interest before refunding the purchase. Maybe they are taking orders for items they don't actually have on hand and hope it can be drop-shipped.

Been using them for years and years without much problem, so this is a new trend.