Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Battlestar Galactice Complete Series under $100 at Amazon UK

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Battlestar Galactice Complete Series under $100 at Amazon UK

Old 11-28-10, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Battlestar Galactica Complete Series under $100 at Amazon UK (£69.97)

Well, I have been waiting patiently for this one to drop under a $100 for long time. Universal had a special on it for less than a day that was $50, that some were able to take advantage of. However, other than that, this has been the lowest I have found for either the US or UK version.

This is currently listed at £69.97, and after removal of VAT, my cost came out to about $97.xx including shipping. I have been wanting this one for a long time and this was my entry point. I have read too many good things on this show and have never seen it, and now excited to finally have it.

Now, with this I am over my limit on BF purchases, and need to decided who is going back or getting canceled.

From all reviews, this will work with US blu ray players, HOWEVER, there have been some owners of PS3's that had a few issues on some parts. I found this on the UK site under the reviews:
I live in the United States and I am thoroughly impressed by the superior quality and workmanship of the UK edition of this product. However, I have tested all 20 discs included in the set and the following will NOT play on the US bought ps3 slim edition.

Season 1: disc 1 aka "The 2003 4-hour miniseries"
Season 3: disc 1
Season 4: disc 1 aka "The Razor movie disc"

Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Battlestar-G...0991377&sr=8-8

Last edited by Murmur; 11-28-10 at 10:41 PM. Reason: spelling issue
Old 11-28-10, 07:21 PM

Re: Battlestar Galactice Complete Series under $100 at Amazon UK

That's unfortunate for the PS3 slim issue, I would purchase one if it weren't for that.
Old 11-28-10, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is that a region thing, or just a player thing? My BR player is region free, so this is tempting.
Old 11-28-10, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by starman9000
Is that a region thing, or just a player thing? My BR player is region free, so this is tempting.
I believe it is just a player thing. I have seen on multiple occasions that PS3's have had issues with some of the UK region blu rays. I am not sure if any of the latest firmware updates have resolved this. I have a Samsung and have had no problems with my UK versions of Bourne Trilogy, Godfather, Red Cliff or Planet Earth.