Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anyone tried ShopRunner yet?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Anyone tried ShopRunner yet?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-11, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts
Re: Anyone tried ShopRunner yet?

Originally Posted by NeoGills
Really interested! I gonna to order some thing....
Da, I gonna to order something to.
Old 12-19-11, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a ShopRunner subscriber.

I was going to their website right now to find a list of their associated vendors to make some Christmas purchases in time for the holidays. However, the first autocomplete choice in the URL bar (I use Chrome) was "shoprunner scam." This, of course, caught my interest - I clicked the link and was redirected to this thread.

Then I saw what the critics were posting. Wow. Are you guys serious?
(For credit to the poster of the below quotes, please reference previous replies in this thread)

Your "FREE" trial membership is not free if you don't cancel before the end of the 30-day period
That is *clearly* stated in the terms. If you took the time to be honest with the people reading this post, you would say: "I made a conscious decision to begin a 30-day trial, knowing that I should cancel my subscription if I didn't want to be billed. Then I forgot to cancel until I saw the charge come up in my credit card statement. That was my mistake."
it is a big scam if you cancel slightly late and even if you didn't use the service after the trial ended
Basically the same as above. Read the terms, people. When you see the charge on your credit card, you've had 28 days to cancel your account. That's 4 weeks, people! You made a mistake and forgot. Bottom line.
Avoid Shoprunner at all costs. Check their "F" rating at the BBB here
How about this: Avoid BBB at all costs. Check their reliability and credentials by typing the following into Google: ABC BBB investigation

The BBB is fueled by greed and stupid consumers like each of you who have posted in this thread with unfounded negativity (I'm not referring to each poster in this thread, of course). The complaints are factored into the ratings whether or not they are addressed and resolved. ShopRunner can't do much about the collective ignorance of those of you who just want to get everything for nothing.
Shoprunner is garbage too
Cite something, even if it's personal experience.
I noticed NewEgg is involved with them now. If you shop there, get after NewEgg and maybe they'll do something about it or kick them to the curb. NewEgg was always good at listening to their customers, unlike Amazon
If *you* had a bad experience with a service, then *you* should report this to the service first and allow them the chance to fix the problem. Then *you* should alert their commercial partner who was misrepresented. Did you order an item from NewEgg that never arrived, or arrived late? Probably not. However, if you did, don't call upon consumers who have never used the service to report it - that's bad juju.
I needed to register to say this. Did you notice how "Dominos Pizza: Free Online Delivery" is listed in the ShopRunner ad. That just made me giggle...
Not sure why that's funny - I save over $2 for each delivery of Domino's. As someone already stated, there is a delivery fee that Domino's charges which is nullified by using ShopRunner.

----

I decided to take the time to register an account on this forum and write a reply because this thread, being the top google result, is full of nonsense, lies, and negativity.

I don't deny that some of you had legitimate bad experiences with ShopRunner; I'm sure they can't please everyone. However, the above-referenced "issues" are not worthy of flaming a company in a thread.

Please use your power as a consumer to do good things, like report *actual* scams, or inform your fellow consumers of bad/good companies for legitimate reasons.

By the way - after finishing this post, I will be going to ShopRunner.com to save more than my $79 annual fee in ONE SHOT by finishing my Christmas shopping (ShopRunner offers flat savings and percentage-based savings with each of their partners). I will do this by purchasing from vendors that I would be using anyway (ShopRunner is parterns with quite a few mega-names, not just NewEgg); I will receive the item in no more than two days; and I will continue to pay for this service until the cost outweighs the benefit.

I trust everyone will perform their due diligence before deciding to write off a good company.

Edit: Finished my shopping - Saved $74.68 by using ShopRunner's partner deals, which doesn't even include the money I saved on shipping ($9.74 + time saved by using 2-day). I'll update everyone in two days with the status of my orders and their receipt.

Edit #2: Everything has arrived within the 2-days. Net gain from subscription cost + savings in this single purchase: $5.42 + an entire year of ShopRunner.

Last edited by Steven_L; 12-21-11 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Update
Old 12-19-11, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you work for VMS Alarms?
Old 12-30-11, 12:09 AM
b0x

Why would you want to wait two days for your pizza?

Had to be asked.
Old 12-30-11, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by b0x
Why would you want to wait two days for your pizza?

Had to be asked.
too funny... way too funny...
Old 01-25-12, 03:29 PM

I tried it, was satisfied, but had to cancel. No problem. It was easy to find the contact information and easy to cancel. I was unsure of when I had joined for the time limits, but I made the deadline, thankfully.
Old 02-22-12, 02:25 PM

Just like many others this was the first thing that showed up on google when searching "Is Shoprunner legit?". As a customer for 8 months now the beginning of this thread is just full of stupid reasons where all fault was on the customer, not Shoprunner. I use it alot for shipping from Newegg(A Computer Hardware Store) and almost all products are covered. I have gotten over $2,000 worth of parts in almost 20 different packages from them in the past 8 months from their 3 warehouses in Tennessee, New Jersey, And California. All shipped to Maryland in less than two days (Next day from New Jersey warehouse). The comparable price for shipping in two days from California to Maryland is around $30 from Fedex or UPS for a 1 lb. package. Shoprunner is an amazing business and when I have had a problem like a monthly charge that was charged twice it was resolved within a day. I love what they do and I've saved hundreds of dollars from using them. Just wanted to make sure a good business wasn't hurt from the people in the beginning of this thread.
Old 02-22-12, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

if you're so happy with them why would you be googling "is shoprunner legit?"
Old 02-22-12, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Originally Posted by DVDKrayzie
if you're so happy with them why would you be googling "is shoprunner legit?"
Because that's the only way an employee can make a post without looking like an employee?
Old 02-22-12, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

exactly
Old 02-22-12, 07:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I signed up for a free 1 year membership via a slickdeals link a while back. Luckily, I did not have to put in my credit card info and I was able to turn off auto renew (it shouldn't matter anyway...they don't have my card). Anyway, it's been great so far for some purchases I've made on Newegg, drugstore.com, and ToysRUs.com. I wouldn't have purchased from the last two sites otherwise.

However, I will not renew when it is over. I have Amazon Prime and which I think is a steal for $79...plus...we actually use the streaming pretty often. Shoprunner just doesn't have enough quality stores signed up to make it worth it yet.
Old 02-23-12, 09:21 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

Coincidentally, today they are advertising a free 90 day trial on Facebook. Signed up with no credit card and turned off auto renew.

I'll use it to save the $2.50 fee from Dominoes the once every few months I order from them, but that may be it. Most of the companies they support aren't ones from which I order.
Old 02-28-12, 12:43 PM

I signed up for the 30-day shoprunner trial, used it twice, cancelled, and they sent me an email asking me if I wanted a free year of shoprunner. I now have free shipping for many everyday products- for a year.
The shipping is very quick and there are a lot of other items that qualify for shoprunner shipping. I am going to buy a laptop from newegg and i'm getting the shipping for FREE. I just registered on DVDTalk to tell you folks that shoprunner is not a scam.
Old 02-28-12, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Well that settles it. I'm completely sold! Can I send you my CC number to sign me up since you are obviously an employee of said company?
Old 02-28-12, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
Well that settles it. I'm completely sold! Can I send you my CC number to sign me up since you are obviously an employee of said company?
I used Shoprunner a few times for Christmas and canceled before the free trial was up. A couple weeks ago they sent me an offer to sign up for a year for $1.

This thread attracts a lot of new members, but I'm not sure if they're all shills. As far as I'm concerned Shoprunner is legit as long as you remember to cancel, just like any other free trial offer.
Old 02-28-12, 02:11 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by JTH182
I used Shoprunner a few times for Christmas and canceled before the free trial was up. A couple weeks ago they sent me an offer to sign up for a year for $1.

This thread attracts a lot of new members, but I'm not sure if they're all shills. As far as I'm concerned Shoprunner is legit as long as you remember to cancel, just like any other free trial offer.
Exactly! They definitely appear completely legit to me. They sort of remind me of Columbia House. Most savvy customers only use them for the free or bundle deals, and cancel before they start having to buy full price items. But they stay in business by the people who forget to cancel.

Of course, some people probably do order a lot from the supported retailers and get their money's worth out of Shoprunner.
Old 02-28-12, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I dont think we are disputing whether shoprunner is legit or not. I have a free year with them and used them once, no problem with my order. The problems are the obvious shills. Most people dont take the time to register on a site just to defend a company and then only speak super highly of them, capitalize FREE FREE FREE, etc in a normal conversation, and then never post again.
Old 03-07-12, 02:15 PM

Hello,

I posted about three months ago during Christmas time, because I was redirected to this thread from Google. Whether or not this is the top result for "Is ShopRunner legit," Google autocomplete fills in "shoprunner scam" when one types "shoprunner," which is exactly what I was typing into my URL bar at the time. That is also still the top autocomplete result, and this worthless thread is still the top result of that search.

i dont think we are disputing whether shoprunner is legit or not. I have a free year with them and used them once, no problem with my order. The problems are the obvious shills. Most people dont take the time to register on a site just to defend a company and then only speak super highly of them, capitalize free free free, etc in a normal conversation, and then never post again.
I think it is a complete shame that more people don't do this. And it's unfortunate that people like you think that anyone who registers an account on a forum they've never used before to defend a company with which they do business must be an employee of said company. I am not an employee of ShopRunner and I have spent a significant amount of time registering an account here and rebutting these fallacious claims (I tried to post screenshots of my savings and purchase history but the forum wouldn't allow me to, as I haven't made over 30 posts).

Since the post I made about three months ago here, I have continued to use ShopRunner for most every purchase I make online. I will be renewing my subscription. I will also feel bad for your narrow-minded thought process and your obviously negative attitude toward people making an effort to do the right thing when they see a thread full of bull**** about a very useful, effective company.

Bottom line: As I mentioned before, I have already saved more than I've spent on the program based on partnership deals with other companies. Factoring in the free 2-day deliveries, the savings are even more substantial. The next time any of you cynics needs to buy computer hardware, pet items, sports equipment, dvd players/movies, toys/games, laptop/desktop computers, jewelry, or basically anything else, please spend more than you need to. People like you shouldn't have extra money in their pockets.
Old 03-07-12, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk God

So 2 posts by you, both promoting Shop Runner. yeah, not a shill at all.
Old 03-07-12, 03:36 PM

Based on comments left by other users, some of your previous posts, and your negativity, I would say you are just a dissatisfied person in general. I'm sorry for you.

Maybe one of these days I will have asserted enough feedback get to the 30 post mark so I can post some proof that I don't work for these companies for the sake of the other readers. Until then, enjoy your hot pockets, mother's basement, and sadness.
Old 03-19-12, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven_L
Based on comments left by other users, some of your previous posts, and your negativity, I would say you are just a dissatisfied person in general. I'm sorry for you.

Maybe one of these days I will have asserted enough feedback get to the 30 post mark so I can post some proof that I don't work for these companies for the sake of the other readers. Until then, enjoy your hot pockets, mother's basement, and sadness.
You could post about other things to get your post count up. But that would be surfing the web on company time, right?

Anyway, I signed up for the free 1 year deal when they had it a few months back. I have used it a few times at newegg, toysrus, and drugstore. com. Nice to be able to get 2 day shipping on places other than Amazon. The one thing I like that I wish Amazon did; when your package is delivered ShopRunner emails you to let you know .
Old 03-19-12, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts

Amazon has an option to text message you,when the package is out for delivery then another after it is delivered.
Old 03-20-12, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by whotony
Amazon has an option to text message you,when the package is out for delivery then another after it is delivered.
Sweet. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 03-20-12, 09:35 AM

let me say this.. I have a free year shoprunner membership I did not even have to enter a credit card number for. I have recieved all items as expected and used numerous time without problems. keep this in mind

1) delivery - they have nothing to do with delivery other then you not having to pay for it. If your item comes late or broken or not what you ordered.. take it up with merchant as they complete the orders.. shoprunner does not have some massive warehouse with products from all the companies. it is a vendor problem not shoprunner. call the vendor

2) the only thing that is left - fee for not cancelling your trial - As I said before, they didn't even require me to ENTER a credit card.. but if you did for some reason and did not cancel in time..or immediatly turn of rebilling, that is YOUR fault so suck it up.

they dont even make it so cancellations are effective immediatly and you lose access to the service like just about every other online service.. if you turn off rebilling (at least on the free year option never did the 30 day trial) you still get the whole trial period. so what is to complain about.

If for some reason you turned off rebilling and they still charged you.. that is another thing altogether.. try calling them, if that doesn't work call your credit card company as its a signiture not present transaction and they will be happy to chargeback the transaction to shoprunner.

but seriously people.. you can't be pissed when you enter your card number on a form.. forget to cancel and are suprised when that card gets charged and they won't make an exception for you and give you a refund.

shop runner is a good deal.. makes me not have to take the silly newegg saver shipping on items and wait 7 days for my purchase as dhl ships it in the opposite direction of me to hand it off to the post office rather then just turn it into the post office itself at the warehouse..

the only thing I don't like.. is that not all products are covered as you get into heavier items. or the ones that are most likely to cost you a bundle to return. would I pay $79 for the service. nope but Im not going to complain about free or if I forgot to cancel and got stuck with the charge.
Old 04-04-12, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It isn't a scam. It may not be worth it to someone but thats a different story.

I signed up for the free year trial without a credit card when it was offered a few months ago. A couple weeks after signing up I unexpectedly met the CEO. We have a mutual friend that brought him out with her when we met up for drinks.

Hopefully I'll run into him again at some point and mention this thread. Btw, they're at a C- now and not an F.

If you shop at the sites that they support and buy often enough it'll be worth it, and if that doesn't apply to you, then it won't be. From what i gathered from our brief talk, is that the company is trying to be an alternative to Amazon Prime for companies losing out to Amazon.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.