Old 03-27-11, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

is there a code for bill me or you have to pay for it when you join
Old 03-30-11, 04:08 PM
Cool New Member

I feel like this is too good to be true, so I won't get too excited until my order comes in.... but, I MAY have snagged the Tangled blu-ray in my initial order over the phone today!

So here's the deal, when I re-joined last week, my account was never validated because of some computer mistake. Ok fine, so I called in today to re-join yet again and give my selection choices. Not only was I able to get Pinnochio and Fantasia 2000 (I was denied those titles on the phone previously), but Tangled as well!

So guys, it seems it really does just depend on who you talk to. Next time you call in, if you're denied a couple titles, maybe try calling back later. Tell the CSR you need time to find alternate titles or something

Last edited by ndaher; 03-30-11 at 04:48 PM.
Old 04-20-11, 02:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn. I called in, gave them my CC#, address, etc... and then the CSR denied me completely. She said Snow White, Pinnochio and Fantasia were all going into the vault and weren't eligible. Guess I'll try again later.
Old 04-21-11, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by neocheddar02
Damn. I called in, gave them my CC#, address, etc... and then the CSR denied me completely. She said Snow White, Pinnochio and Fantasia were all going into the vault and weren't eligible. Guess I'll try again later.
Try again!

I was denied the first 10 times. I was calling the number in the thread. The time it worked, I gave them all my info including the offer code(except the titles) and was told I called the DVD club and needed to be transfered to the BR club. Gave my order after the transfer without any problems. I even asked him if there we any other BR titles that were very popular. He suggested I order Snow White since it was going in the vault. Just received my order. Clearly, they CAN order these titles, but may not be willing to order them for you. The question to ask is, why are other CSR willing to place the order, but you are not? May piss them off, or guilt them into it.

Got:
UP
Snow White
Pinocchio
Sleeping beauty
Monsters Inc
Fantasia/2000
RATATOUILLE

I am very happy.
Old 04-22-11, 05:39 PM

That is the absolute BEST enrollment package of any movie club that I have ever seen.
Old 04-23-11, 02:32 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by bhamon
Try again!

I was denied the first 10 times. I was calling the number in the thread. The time it worked, I gave them all my info including the offer code(except the titles) and was told I called the DVD club and needed to be transfered to the BR club. Gave my order after the transfer without any problems. I even asked him if there we any other BR titles that were very popular. He suggested I order Snow White since it was going in the vault. Just received my order. Clearly, they CAN order these titles, but may not be willing to order them for you. The question to ask is, why are other CSR willing to place the order, but you are not? May piss them off, or guilt them into it.

Got:
UP
Snow White
Pinocchio
Sleeping beauty
Monsters Inc
Fantasia/2000
RATATOUILLE

I am very happy.
Do you happen to have the phone # to call? I looked through this thread but didn't see it. I just cancelled my previous membership and want to try to enroll to get those BD's going into the vault.
Old 04-23-11, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by bigulua
Do you happen to have the phone # to call? I looked through this thread but didn't see it. I just cancelled my previous membership and want to try to enroll to get those BD's going into the vault.
I thought I got the number from this forum, but I also frequent a few others. Must have gotten it from them. My bad. From another site: 1-866-246-8646 From the membership agreement: 1-800-362-4587. Make sure you are talking with someone from the blu-ray club.

Good Luck,

Bryan
Old 04-23-11, 02:25 PM
Cool New Member

I thought I got the number from this forum, but I also frequent a few others. Must have gotten it from them. My bad. From another site: 1-866-246-8646 From the membership agreement: 1-800-362-4587. Make sure you are talking with someone from the blu-ray club.

Good Luck,

Bryan
Thanks!
Old 04-27-11, 08:18 PM

Anyone else care to share their enrollment packages? I am about to recycle another account and would like to have some ideas based on what people are getting.

Thanks,

Bryan
Old 04-29-11, 06:10 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts

Did anyone else get billed and have Tron ship to them? I declined all my directors selections (Tangled on 4/3 and Incredibles on 5/3) but both of my accounts are showing this title processing and both cards have been charged $34. Did they add a mid month selection and not send emails out?
Old 04-29-11, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

I think I recall declining Tron.
Old 04-29-11, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by John Galt
Did anyone else get billed and have Tron ship to them? I declined all my directors selections (Tangled on 4/3 and Incredibles on 5/3) but both of my accounts are showing this title processing and both cards have been charged $34. Did they add a mid month selection and not send emails out?
Call them up and they can probably still cancel it if it hasn't shipped.. I just did this a couple days ago when I noticed the charge on my card.
Old 04-29-11, 01:34 PM

I'm going to refuse the shipment and dispute the charge, I just wanted to know why these were even shipped. From their terms and conditions it says a featured title will be shipped every 3-4 weeks unless you decline.....4/3, 4/25, and 5/3 is not every 2-3 weeks.
Old 04-29-11, 03:58 PM

I'm going to refuse the shipment and dispute the charge, I just wanted to know why these were even shipped. From their terms and conditions it says a featured title will be shipped every 3-4 weeks unless you decline.....4/3, 4/25, and 5/3 is not every 2-3 weeks.
Yes, sometimes they do 2 a month.

But if it's still processing, you may be able to get them to cancel before it ships. It was processing on my account and they cancelled it, and the charge on my card was just a temporary hold which will drop off.

If you can do that, it's better than waiting for it to arrive because it's more of a hassle to get the charge reversed/refunded than it is to just have them cancel it now.
Old 04-29-11, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My decline confirmation for Tron was dated March 25, so it appears that it was the featured selection around then. My Tangled decline was dated March 12 but I may have waited on that one for a week or so. I accepted The Incredibles for a fulfillment (as well as several other titles in the same package, on sale, free shipping) so I didn't decline that one.
Old 04-30-11, 02:32 PM
Cool New Member

Try again!

I was denied the first 10 times.
How did you try 10 times? When they wouldn't give you the titles you asked for, did you just say nevermind and then call again later? Or have you cycled your account 10 times?
Old 05-02-11, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by ndaher
How did you try 10 times? When they wouldn't give you the titles you asked for, did you just say nevermind and then call again later? Or have you cycled your account 10 times?
It was really more like 5-6 times. I guess I was being dramatic. I would just tell them that I wanted to check to see if some of the BRs I wanted were available. Each time they said yes, but not as an enrollment, untill I changed my approach. I would just say I needed to think about it for a while.
Old 05-12-11, 12:06 PM

Thanks for tips bhamon. I just hate the process of calling and explaining over and over again. But I think it will be worth it if I can get the titles I'm looking for.
Old 05-16-11, 05:26 PM
Cool New Member

Just re-cycled over the phone for a 3rd time. Got everything I asked for except Tron: Legacy, which is strange since they did allow me to get the original Tron blu-ray. Also was able to get The Incredibles blu, which is not listed on the website.
Old 05-31-11, 01:55 PM

Looks like they are releasing Fox and the Hound 2 pack to DMC members two months prior to street date. Have they done this previously?

Last edited by John Galt; 05-31-11 at 02:50 PM.
Old 05-31-11, 02:14 PM

Looks like they are releasing Fox and the Hound 2 pack to DMC members to months prior to street date. Have they done this previously?
I got the Tigger Movie on DVD from DMC about a month before the street date.
Old 05-31-11, 07:42 PM

Disney has always sucked at selections for me. My last account I cancelled because they kept sending the selections after I declined and even got the emails saying so. I rejoined and it has already happened to me once again.
Old 06-05-11, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I want to pre-order The Lion King at 24.95. In the fine print it does say that it will count towards 1 of my purchase commitments but it is below the 29.95 threshold they speak of when you first apply.

I guess my question is if you get the featured selection for 24.95 has it counted for any of you as a purchase commitment even though it was below 29.95? I just want to confirm that it will happen before I pre-order.
Old 06-06-11, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by conscience
Apologies if this has been asked before, but I want to pre-order The Lion King at 24.95. In the fine print it does say that it will count towards 1 of my purchase commitments but it is below the 29.95 threshold they speak of when you first apply.

I guess my question is if you get the featured selection for 24.95 has it counted for any of you as a purchase commitment even though it was below 29.95? I just want to confirm that it will happen before I pre-order.
From the DMC FAQ:

What purchases will count toward my membership agreement?
Each movie you purchase at regular Club prices counts as one movie toward completing your purchase commitment. (PLEASE NOTE: Discounted movies, movie product priced below $19.95 per DVD, $29.95 for Blu-ray™ members, non-recorded merchandise, CDs, special offers, and promotional items do not count toward fulfilling your membership agreement, unless otherwise indicated. the Featured Title or the Featured Title Double Feature will count as 1 unit toward purchase commitment. Other exclusions and exceptions will be noted in particular mailings or online at http://www.DisneyMovieClub.com). Multipacks are subject to different commitment rules and their value toward your membership commitment will be noted in individual communications. Prices are subject to change and the Club will notify you of changes in future mailings.
So, yes, it should count. Just keep the e-mail as a reference until you get your commitment credit, but you likely won't have a problem.
Old 06-07-11, 10:14 PM
Suspended

I just enrolled last night.I logged in and it shows the status of my enrollment order as pending.
Is this normal..?Do they ever put enrollment titles on back order,like CH does?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.