DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official MST3K / Rifftrax / Cinematic Titanic DVD Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-17, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Re: Official MST3K / Rifftrax / Cinematic Titanic DVD Thread

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
RiffTrax is having a 20% off sale with the code ELEVEN. If you spend $50, you'll get an $11 gift card (it's their 11th anniversary).
Also use STARK to get Iron Man for free.
Old 07-31-17, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

It looks like Vol. 39 might be the last release of classic episodes:

The set will be available Nov. 21, 2017, and available for pre-order on the Shout! Factory website and Amazon later this week. We hope you’ll share this update with your readers.

It will be a four-disc set, here are the titles:

The Amazing Transparent Man
Girls Town
Diabolik
“Satellite Dishes”

The 4th disc, called “Satellite Dishes” is a collection of the host segments from episodes from the remaining unreleased episodes. They are:

Ep #201 Rocketship X-M
Ep #212 Godzilla Vs. Megalon
Ep #213 Godzilla Vs. The Sea Monster
Ep #309 The Amazing Colossal Man
Ep #311 It Conquered the World
Ep #416 Fire Maidens from Outer Space
Ep #418 The Eye Creatures
Ep #807 Terror from the Year 5000
Ep #809 I Was A Teenage Werewolf
Ep #905 The Deadly Bees
Ep #906 The Space Children
Ep #913 Quest of the Delta Knights

Despite our best efforts to include the remaining unreleased episodes, due to licensing issues, it is very likely that Volume 39 will be the last collection of never-before-released episodes, and that these remaining episodes may never get a legitimate release. With this in mind, we decided the next best option was to release the remaining host segments by themselves.
Old 07-31-17, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

It looks like Vol. 39 might be the last release of classic episodes..

"Despite our best efforts to include the remaining unreleased episodes, due to licensing issues, it is very likely that Volume 39 will be the last collection of never-before-released episodes.
I assume Shout will continue re-releasing the older Rhino Volumes. Also, I think Shout may combine some of the already released "solo" episodes into another volume, so Vols 40 & 41 could contain episodes like Red Zone Cuba, Beginning of the End, Eegah!, and I Accuse My Parents
http://mst3k.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_released_episodes

It'd be interesting if Rifftrax could release these episodes as "audio commentary only" tracks that sync to the movie. I guess there could be long gaps when there's scenes the episode edit didn't have, but if it's a later Mike/Kevin/Bill episode then they could potentially record new material and make an "extended edition" track.
Old 07-31-17, 07:31 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quest of the Delta Knights being unreleasable is the big headscratcher on that list. Is it just one of those cases like with Pumaman was where they simply couldn't locate who owned it?
Old 07-31-17, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by sb5
Quest of the Delta Knights being unreleasable is the big headscratcher on that list. Is it just one of those cases like with Pumaman was where they simply couldn't locate who owned it?
The rights trail seems particularly convoluted:
http://forrestcrow.proboards.com/thr...y-release-list
913 - Quest of the Delta Knights
Copyright by Ramsway JC/LTD. I have found *several* foreign DVD releases that might be a good starting place to track down the current U.S. rights holder: a Region 0 [PAL Format] by Flashback Entertainment (OOP), a Region 4 DVD released in Australia/New Zealand by Payless Entertainment, a Czech Region 2 DVD release by Blesk DVD, and even a South Africa Region 2 DVD by Impact Video. Wow. Originally released on VHS by Hemdale Home Video, reissued by Plaza Ent in 1999. *No Region 1 DVD releases* <EXTREMELY UNLIKELY>
Old 07-31-17, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jay G.
I assume Shout will continue re-releasing the older Rhino Volumes. Also, I think Shout may combine some of the already released "solo" episodes into another volume, so Vols 40 & 41 could contain episodes like Red Zone Cuba, Beginning of the End, Eegah!, and I Accuse My Parents
http://mst3k.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_released_episodes

It'd be interesting if Rifftrax could release these episodes as "audio commentary only" tracks that sync to the movie. I guess there could be long gaps when there's scenes the episode edit didn't have, but if it's a later Mike/Kevin/Bill episode then they could potentially record new material and make an "extended edition" track.
The problem is there are no official releases for Rocketship XM or any of the Susan Hart films, so people would have to bootleg those films to sync them up. And if they're doing that, why not just bootleg the actual episode?
Old 07-31-17, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,403 Likes on 1,028 Posts

That's disappointing to read. Our copyright system really needs a kick in the pants - it shouldn't be about withholding something, it should just be about making sure the right people get paid. And then you get into the idea of "estates" holding on to things and that's really messed up.
Old 08-01-17, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The problem is there are no official releases for Rocketship XM or any of the Susan Hart films, so people would have to bootleg those films to sync them up. And if they're doing that, why not just bootleg the actual episode?
Good point. I've read that Shout often offered to release an "official" unaltered DVD of the films as part of the deal to get the license for using it with MST3K, which worked for some films that otherwise likely would never have gotten a regular DVD release. Susan Hart must either be asking for too much or just isn't interested at all in seeing these films rereleased in any format.

Over on the release likelyhood list, there's still some optimism that the 3 Paramount titles may eventually be released, although they've been licensed out to Olive Films and at least one of them won't revert back to Parmount until 2020.
http://forrestcrow.proboards.com/thr...y-release-list
Old 08-02-17, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So, I took my time getting through all the new eps and I finally got to where my name should have been in the credits...and it's not.

I'm looking on the Kickstarter page but I'm not seeing where I could contact anybody. Was I supposed to reply to a message to get my name in? I don't recall seeing an email like that.

Was it only for higher level backers?
Old 08-02-17, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by milo bloom
So, I took my time getting through all the new eps and I finally got to where my name should have been in the credits...and it's not... Was it only for higher level backers?
Looking back at the details, Only pledges of $85 and above would get a "special thanks" credit on screen.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...bringbackmst3k
Pledge $85 or more

....You'll also get any BONUS REWARDS that don't include physical items, including SIX FREE CLASSIC EPISODES and the SPECIAL THANKS CREDIT!
Old 08-02-17, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ah, I didn't go that high I started with a low one, thinking that I'd increase it if it looked like they needed it.

Thanks
Old 08-11-17, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Shout Factory has MST3K: Volume XXXIX up for pre-order with an exclusive bonus disc:

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product...roduct_id=6406
Plus, the first 1,500 orders from ShoutFactory.com will receive an exclusive bonus disc, which will contain:

MST3K: The Complete Poopie!

Everyone poopies, and even the maestros of comedy aboard the Satellite of Love weren’t immune to the occasional blooper. After years on the air, those added up, and the result is a wonderful collection of mishaps, line flubs and crack-ups. Poopie! chronicled the outtakes from Seasons 2-6. Poopie II! added seasons 7 & 8 to the mix, and Poopie Parade Of Values was the gang’s unique take on an infomercial to shill the VHS tapes of Poopie! and the MST Scrapbook being sold by the MST3K Info Club. So if you’re anal about Poopie, this definitive collection will be cause for the kind of celebration you should probably keep to yourself.
They also have Vol VI re-release pre-order up, due out October 17:
https://www.shoutfactory.com/product...roduct_id=6387

The still have 6 Rhino volumes they could possibly re-release after this (up through Vol 12).
Old 08-22-17, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I wasn't quite sure where to post this, but this seemed the best place. Does anyone have a nice, hi-res photo of Dr. Forrester & TV's Frank? I've Googled half the day with no luck; basically we're going to meet them tomorrow and I'd like to print out a good quality 8 x 10 pic to get them to sign it.

Or let me know if this isn't the place to be asking for this. Thanks!
Old 08-22-17, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 116 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by reverie
I wasn't quite sure where to post this, but this seemed the best place. Does anyone have a nice, hi-res photo of Dr. Forrester & TV's Frank? I've Googled half the day with no luck; basically we're going to meet them tomorrow and I'd like to print out a good quality 8 x 10 pic to get them to sign it.

Did you use Google Images or just vanilla Google?
Old 08-22-17, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by reverie

If it's an official appearance, they will likely have photos to purchase. (Technically, they autograph for free the photo you purchase.)
Old 08-23-17, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Preterite
If it's an official appearance, they will likely have photos to purchase. (Technically, they autograph for free the photo you purchase.)
It's a riffing event at a theater with a meet-and-greet kind of deal. That'd be great if they had something there for sure!
Old 08-23-17, 08:26 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts

I saw them twice a couple months ago. They definitely had merchandise for sale, but not sure if they had prints. I got there early both times and basically was first in line to chat with them and get some items and take a photo. I'd recommend doing that instead of waiting until after the film, as the line for their table was extremely long both nights.
Old 08-23-17, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

For anyone who has the Shout Factory "Cinematic Titanic" Complete Collection DVD set, the rear lists "A Look Back with J Elvis Weinstein" but I cannot find it. I see the "Between the Riffs" extra is on disc 6. Where is "A Look Back"?
Old 08-25-17, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Netflix is releasing strands of weed based on 10 of their shows, including MST3K. Hopefully that's a good sign for renewal:

http://www.avclub.com/netflix-is-developing-strands-of-weed-based-on-10-of-it-1798438726
Old 08-25-17, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Also, Rifftrax is having a 15% off back to school sale with the code LEARN. You should be able combine it with the Rifftrax Live codes MASTER and DALEK for an even better deal.
Old 08-25-17, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 432 Posts

Netflix is releasing strands of weed based on 10 of their shows, including MST3K. Hopefully that's a good sign for renewal:

http://www.avclub.com/netflix-is-developing-strands-of-weed-based-on-10-of-it-1798438726
Strands of weed?
Old 08-25-17, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by whotony
Strands of weed?
Should be "strains of weed," but there was a mistake in the headline originally.
Old 08-25-17, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Strand, strain, I don't know weed.
Old 08-25-17, 10:36 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by manicsounds
For anyone who has the Shout Factory "Cinematic Titanic" Complete Collection DVD set, the rear lists "A Look Back with J Elvis Weinstein" but I cannot find it. I see the "Between the Riffs" extra is on disc 6. Where is "A Look Back"?
Not sure if you already found out since this was from 2 days ago, but it's on Disc 1 (Oozing Skull/Doomsday Machine disc).
Old 08-26-17, 02:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by sb5
Not sure if you already found out since this was from 2 days ago, but it's on Disc 1 (Oozing Skull/Doomsday Machine disc).
Ah, it's because I got a defective set missing the first disc. Trying to get a replacement sorted.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.