Dollar General DVD's

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Dollar General DVD's

Old 01-24-16, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 366 Likes on 231 Posts
Re: Dollar General DVD's

Originally Posted by rbrown498
Were the dollar movies in regular cases or in cardboard sleeves?
I'm nearly certain he/she saw them in cardboard sleeves. I flipped through the $1 titles in the sleeves and noticed several copies of Exit Thru the Gift Shop.
Old 01-30-16, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, the cardboard sleeves.
Old 02-09-16, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Noticed another television season that I'd not seen before--Magnum PI: Season 3 ($6.95)
Old 09-03-16, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by rbrown498
Hit one of my local Dollar General stores yesterday to check out the DVD selection, and I was surprised to find several Blu-ray + DVD combo packs of Sony titles for $6 each. I picked up Friends with Benefits, Just Go With It, and Ghostbusters. They had several other titles as well, but I don't remember them because I'm old and crotchety and...hey, you kids get outta my yard!

Your mileage probably will vary, but I'd love to hear what other $6 combo packs have been sighted at Dollar General recently.
I just discovered the TREASURE HUNT: movies u Buy for $1.00 each. I thought I was getting bargain dvd's
On eBay . I got: LEFT BEHIND, ST. VINCENT, THE COBBLER AND GULLIVER'S TRAVELS. GREAT BUYS.
Old 03-20-17, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I still check out one of my local stores from time to time. As I looked around one location earlier this evening, I discovered BDs/DVDs in about 5 different spots. It would be helpful if they were in a single display.

I found a few interesting things. Several different seasons of Friday Night Lights for $4.95. I'm still lacking a few of the later seasons, so may pick them up in the future if I have a $5 Saturday coupon. For those with kids, I came across a 3-disc set of Paddington Bear with some good reviews. It was priced at $4.

Then there were a few DVDs on a lower shelf of a 2-sided wire rack with yellow stickers on them indicating a "Mill Creek New Low Price - $1". One was the first season of Just Shoot Me. The one I picked up was the animated feature, "Witch's Night Out" which contains many other cartoons on it. I've never seen it, but it seemed like a decent find for a buck.
Old 03-21-17, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 328 Likes on 247 Posts

Will have to go by a store soon. I was desperate enough to get Witch's Night Out that I paid $2 for it at 99 Cents Only Stores, despite vowing to never buy anything over 99 cents there. It's a weird special that I didn't even know was out on DVD til I found it.
Old 03-21-17, 08:44 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 670 Likes on 448 Posts

Seems like every week they offer a free $5 on a specific day the following week if you spend $5 that current week. It's part of their free text/email club. That combined with DG being perhaps the closest store to my house should have me searching their DVD bins weekly, but so far I mostly resist.
Old 03-21-17, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's usually $5 off a $25 (and sometimes $30) purchase on a Saturday. You can get the coupon on a receipt during the week, or you don't have to buy anything. It's available as a digital coupon you can load to your DG account. That's what I do frequently. Enter my phone number at the register and the discount automatically applies. And other times, they have smaller coupons. There was one available yesterday for $2 off a $10 purchase, good just yesterday or today.

There's still a ton of BDs out there. But very few are marked $2.95, as they were when they first started appearing. Some are at $3.95, others at $4.95 or $6.95. Marginal deals at best, unless you're picking up other items and have one of the aforementioned coupons.
Old 03-26-17, 04:19 PM

I don't know about the email club but the stores in my area require at least a $5.00 purchase to receive the $5.00 off a $25.00 purchase the following Saturday. If you purchase less than the $5.00 the receipt doesn't print with the coupon on it.