TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

No More Courtv/TruTv

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-09, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No More Courtv/TruTv

In Session has been canceled.
I know alot of people made fun of it.. but I enjoyed it. In it's hay day, I watched some great trials. The past few years, they turned it into crap..I think Steven Brill made a huge mistake when he sold it.
I wonder if there's any chance of someone else picking it up?

Breaking: TVNewser has learned truTV's 'In Session' daytime programming is shutting down and as many 65 staffers could lose their jobs. Executives from Turner Broadcasting, which owns truTV, have been notifying employees of the change this afternoon. 'In Session' includes longtime anchors Jack Ford and Ashleigh Banfield, who, we're told, are among the cuts......................
Old 06-23-09, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: No More Courtv/TruTv

This was just added:

> More: Statement from Turner Broadcasting: Production of truTV's IN SESSION trial coverage will shift from New York to HLN in Atlanta, effective Nov. 16, to leverage the unrivaled production capabilities and infrastructure of the CNN organization, which includes HLN. This move will result in some position elimination in New York and position growth in Atlanta, which we are currently addressing. There will be no interruption to IN SESSION's programming schedule. We are also restructuring truTV's marketing staff, which will include a reduction of some positions in New York.

ETA: It seems that it's not a goner after all... or at least yet...... MODS you can delete this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Septemberbaby; 06-23-09 at 04:36 PM.