Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

BJ's Wholesale Club DVD Deals

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

BJ's Wholesale Club DVD Deals

Old 09-22-09, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: BJ's Wholesale Club DVD Deals

Thanks--might have to pick up The Mentalist at that price.
Old 09-22-09, 09:37 PM

Any idea if there's a rebate for Castle?
Old 09-23-09, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by hvlien
A few instate rebates I saw today:
  • Observe and Report - $19.29 less $3 IR = $16.29
  • Ghosts of Girlfriends Past - $18.99 less $3 IR = $15.99
  • The Mentalist Season 1 - $37.99 less $10 IR = $27.99

The instant rebates expire 09.27.
Thanks! Initial post updated. Looks like no IR for Castle, ATM, though it's priced at $29.99.
Old 09-25-09, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks again KK725 for all your help. I picked up Duplicity on DVD for $13.99 yesterday. I was surprised to see that they actually had an instant rebate sign, but only for the DVD, no sign for the Blu-ray.

I really appreciate the info.

Dirk
Old 09-25-09, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by DirkUSA
Thanks again KK725 for all your help. I picked up Duplicity on DVD for $13.99 yesterday. I was surprised to see that they actually had an instant rebate sign, but only for the DVD, no sign for the Blu-ray.

I really appreciate the info.

Dirk
Anytime, mate.

For those of you who have not yet picked up X-Men Origins: Wolverine, or were waiting for a better deal, there's now a $10 coupon for the BD (only) in the back of the September Home Entertainment Review magazine (you don't have to buy any razors to use this one, LOL). Good through 09/29, the coupon will bring the movie down to $15.99. Here's a scan of the spread.
Old 09-26-09, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

kk725, is the September Home Entertainment Review magazine available in the store or is that something they mail to your house or you can print from online? Thanks!
Old 09-26-09, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by snausages
kk725, is the September Home Entertainment Review magazine available in the store or is that something they mail to your house or you can print from online? Thanks!
This is the one in the store. However, when I went to the Nashua, NH store yesterday, they still had piles of the August one with some other expired coupon on the back.
Old 09-26-09, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by kyle
This is the one in the store. However, when I went to the Nashua, NH store yesterday, they still had piles of the August one with some other expired coupon on the back.
My club did the same thing. I kept throwing the August magazines away and they kept digging more out from somewhere and putting them out, LOL. (It's actually against company policy to have flyers/journals with expired coupons out where members can get to them.) I finally figured out where they were keeping the box and threw it in the trash compactor. September's just went out this week, and I know those things arrived before the end of August. The Entertainment Guides should either be sitting right by the door as you go in, or there will be some down by Member Services. If not, ask someone for the September issue. They will never run out of those things... whole boxes are tossed at month's end.
Old 09-26-09, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks kyle & kk725! I will check it out next time I am at BJs.
Old 09-27-09, 03:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks to the OP in regards to the Wolverine coupon.
They also had some $9.99 Blus:
The Code (Morgan Freeman)
Dog Soldiers
Day of the Dead Remake
Transiberian
Old 09-28-09, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by bobwil54
Thanks to the OP in regards to the Wolverine coupon.
They also had some $9.99 Blus:
The Code (Morgan Freeman)
Dog Soldiers
Day of the Dead Remake
Transiberian
Thanks! Might see if my club has Dog Soldiers.

New $5 IRs for the State of Play DVD and BD, and the Bring it On DVD, good through October 4th.
Old 09-29-09, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by kk725
My club did the same thing. I kept throwing the August magazines away and they kept digging more out from somewhere and putting them out, LOL. (It's actually against company policy to have flyers/journals with expired coupons out where members can get to them.) I finally figured out where they were keeping the box and threw it in the trash compactor. September's just went out this week, and I know those things arrived before the end of August. The Entertainment Guides should either be sitting right by the door as you go in, or there will be some down by Member Services. If not, ask someone for the September issue. They will never run out of those things... whole boxes are tossed at month's end.
Went to the help desk--still no new entertainment guides in Nashua, NH

Plus, they had an instant rebate of $5.99 on Wolverine Blu through 10/5--which would have made it $19.99 - $10 coupon or just $9.99!
Old 09-29-09, 03:29 PM

The September Entertainment Guides were finally out in my store today. I didn't see the Wolverine Blu IR, but here were what I saw in my store today:
  • Monsters vs. Aliens DVD - $18.99 less $3 IR makes it $15.99 (ends 10.04)
  • Monsters vs. Aliens 2-Pack DVD - $23.99 less $4 IR makes it $19.99 (ends 10.04)
  • The Wizard of Oz DVD- $17.99 less $2.00 IR makes it $15.99 (end 10.04)
  • Coraline DVD (1-disc) - $18.99 less $5 IR makes it $13.99 (ends 10.04)
  • Watchmen DVD - $18.99 less $8.00 IR makes it $10.99 (ends 10.18)
Old 09-29-09, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by hvlien
The September Entertainment Guides were finally out in my store today. I didn't see the Wolverine Blu IR, but here were what I saw in my store today:
  • Monsters vs. Aliens DVD - $18.99 less $3 IR makes it $15.99 (ends 10.04)
  • Monsters vs. Aliens 2-Pack DVD - $23.99 less $4 IR makes it $19.99 (ends 10.04)
  • The Wizard of Oz DVD- $17.99 less $2.00 IR makes it $15.99 (end 10.04)
  • Coraline DVD (1-disc) - $18.99 less $5 IR makes it $13.99 (ends 10.04)
  • Watchmen DVD - $18.99 less $8.00 IR makes it $10.99 (ends 10.18)
Thanks! Initial post updated.

Originally Posted by kyle
Went to the help desk--still no new entertainment guides in Nashua, NH

Plus, they had an instant rebate of $5.99 on Wolverine Blu through 10/5--which would have made it $19.99 - $10 coupon or just $9.99!
Thanks for the tip on Wolvy. Sucks about your club's E-Guides, though. Ours came in so late, I'm not surprised. I wonder if the staff there are even aware of the (now expired) coupon that was on the back of those guides. Putting them out at the end of the month is kind of a moot point. I would complain.
Old 09-30-09, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any idea if they stock the Wizard of Oz Limited Edition Blu-ray Box sets?
Old 09-30-09, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Why does the $10 off coupon for Wolverine expire on September 29? and not September 30? as that is the last
day of the month. I'm heading over to BJ's later today (to use other coupons that actually expire on SEPT 30!)
and I would have been interested in picking up Wolverine for $9.99 plus tax after the $10 off coupon and $5.99
instant rebate - thats if my store has any of those Entertainment Guides left (they still had the August one out
the last time I was there which was a few weeks back) as well as if theres a instant rebate available. Of course
knowing my luck, my store would have had both deals but no Wolverine Blu-Rays left in the store.

Of course I should have checked this thread over the weekend or at least in the last two days and saw that the
coupon was going to expired on Sept 29 (as well as the news about the potential instant rebate) and went to my
BJs store before today. You snooze, you lose! I guess.

Any word on the price of the BluRay of Snow White for next Tuesday?
Any instant rebate to go along with that - non BJ's - $10 off coupon?
Any DVD/BluRay deals in the October Savings book? - which hasn't come yet in the mail - at least in my mailbox.

LB...

Last edited by LaxBandit; 09-30-09 at 10:30 AM.
Old 09-30-09, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by DirkUSA
Any idea if they stock the Wizard of Oz Limited Edition Blu-ray Box sets?
Yep, but they're $59.99. I thought that was a little steep, especially since they've been trying to start being more competitive in their BD pricing. There's a fair chance an IR might come down for that one, though.

Originally Posted by LaxBandit
Why does the $10 off coupon for Wolverine expire on September 29? and not September 30?
The people who do BJ's coupons are retarded.

Any word on the price of the BluRay of Snow White for next Tuesday?
Any instant rebate to go along with that - non BJ's - $10 off coupon?
Any DVD/BluRay deals in the October Savings book? - which hasn't come yet in the mail - at least in my mailbox.

LB...
Sorry, guys... meant to post about Snow White last week! Looks like they've got the BD/DVD combo coming out at $25.99. No idea what the cover or packaging is going to look like, yet. They have another BD version at a $39.99 price point. I'm am guessing that is the Collector's Book Set from the "BK" in the title.

No info on an instant rebate for that title so far, though. Those come down from Home Office during the midnight system update on Monday nights.

Nada on movie deals for the October book. Closest they get is some software. I was sure they'd at least do a bottled water coupon with Snow White because the packaging for our water cases has had SW promo art printed on it for a month. Here's hoping the holiday Journal will have a better yield.

Last edited by kk725; 09-30-09 at 02:24 PM.
Old 10-04-09, 01:19 AM

I got BJ's little holiday toy shopping guidein the mail today. It's basically just a small catalog displaying some of the stuff they've got for sale and some gift ideas. It holds little of interest until you get to the very last page where they had a solitary coupon. No biggie unless you're planning on buying Snow White at BJ's (no IRs posted for that, yet), but there is a coupon for a free 2-pack box of strawberry Frosted Mini-Wheats when you buy Snow White on BD. Here is a scan of the page with coupon. The Mini-Wheats are a $7.50 value, so not bad. Coupon is good through 10/28.

These shopping guides will come in the mail to those who receive stuff in the mail from BJ's, but they should also be available in-club within the next week (I know a lot of clubs have been slack lately about getting this stuff out). As a side note, if you are a BJ's member and haven't been receiving your coupons books/journals/fliers in the mail, call 1-800-BJS-CLUB and ask them to put you on the mailing list. Apparently (and contrary to what half the people at my club believed), you may not automatically be put on the "coupon mailing list" when you sign up. New members should always call and have themselves added to be sure they are taking advantage of those benefits!
Old 10-06-09, 06:07 PM

Here are the updates to the main post for 10/06:

Through 10/11
  • Snow White & the Seven Dwarves is $22.99 (after $3 IR)
  • Year One is $14.29 (after $5 IR)
  • Bones Season 4 is $29.99 (after $10 IR)

Also, the $4 IR bringing the Monsters vs. Aliens 2-Pack down to $19.99 has been extended through 10/29. Decent deal on "Snow White" for those who are not bargain hunters and/or do not shop online, but between Walmart, Amazon, TRU and others, BJ's IR is certainly not the best deal to be had on that title (unless you really like strawberry Frosted Mini-Wheats ).

Last edited by kk725; 10-06-09 at 06:10 PM.
Old 10-13-09, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

KK725 - Thanks for the info on what Snow White would be at BJs - too bad the instant rebate for Snow White
and Year One weren't switched around. Would have went for the deal there had that been the case.

Yeah, I thought there would be some type of deal with Snow White and Berkley Jensens Water too since their
water had Snow White on the packaging. Buy the Blu-Ray/DVD combo, get $2.00 off the water? or get $3.00
off the water so its free? Maybe that deal will be there when the DVD only set comes out next month and the
coupon will be in the November Savings Book.

I got Snow White at Amazon. I couldn't find anyone who likes the Strawberry Frosted Mini-Wheats anyway
and besides I would have had to pay over $2.00 more compared to other deals.

LB...

Last edited by LaxBandit; 10-13-09 at 09:55 AM.
Old 10-13-09, 03:20 PM

Any chance there's an IR on The Proposal BD, or does anyone have the pricing? There's a $5DVD/$10BD coupon that expires on 10/18: http://video.movies.go.com/theproposal/couponoffer/
Old 10-13-09, 08:18 PM

KK725 - Thanks for the info on what Snow White would be at BJs - too bad the instant rebate for Snow White
and Year One weren't switched around. Would have went for the deal there had that been the case.

Yeah, I thought there would be some type of deal with Snow White and Berkley Jensens Water too since their
water had Snow White on the packaging. Buy the Blu-Ray/DVD combo, get $2.00 off the water? or get $3.00
off the water so its free? Maybe that deal will be there when the DVD only set comes out next month and the
coupon will be in the November Savings Book.

I got Snow White at Amazon. I couldn't find anyone who likes the Strawberry Frosted Mini-Wheats anyway
and besides I would have had to pay over $2.00 more compared to other deals.

LB...
No prob. And I ended up snagging my copy from Amazon, too. Even with the Mini-Wheats, it all depended on the IR, which turned out to be meh.

And there aren't any new BD IRs so far this week (), but MutantEnemy said The Proposal was priced at $29.99. Kinda steep.

They threw some IRs out on a couple of DVDs, but I neglected to print out the price drops and bring them home. If anyone spies any, please post and I'll make an update! Thanks for posting the coupon, kyle. Hadn't see that one, yet!

Possibly they're still gonna do that water coupon, but all the packaging on the water has switched to Ice Age 3, so that may be what'll appear in the November book, if anything.

Last edited by kk725; 10-13-09 at 08:42 PM.
Old 10-14-09, 04:07 PM

Update: MutantEnemy has reported that The Proposal now has a $5 IR on it, bringing it down to $24.99. That's $14.99 after the coupon!
Old 10-14-09, 11:27 PM

Any chance there is a coupon for it in the BJs DVD/Blu-ray journal this month?
Old 10-15-09, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by doctaheath78
Any chance there is a coupon for it in the BJs DVD/Blu-ray journal this month?
A possibility, though I have not seen that sucker out on the racks, yet. Money says some clubs are going to be uber-late in putting the Entertainment Journal out again this month. I'm going to check and make sure the folks at my club are not just hiding them in the back somewhere.

In the meantime, both Land of the Lost and Drag me to Hell also got the $5 IR treatment (through 10/18) off a $26.99 price point, bringing them down to $21.99.

Couple of DVD rebates have been posted up top as well.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.