Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

CCR 1st 6 Albums Get Deluxe Reissue Treatment 09/30/08

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 07-30-08, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From billboard.com:
Creedence Clearwater Revival's first six albums will be reissued in expanded versions on Sept. 30 via Fantasy Records, for which the band recorded until its 1972 breakup.

"Creedence Clearwater Revival," "Bayou Country," "Green River," "Willy & the Poor Boys," "Cosmo's Factory" and "Pendulum" feature a host of B-sides and unreleased material.

Among the highlights from the rarities are an early cover of Bo Diddley's "Before You Accuse Me" from the self-titled debut, the live jam "Crazy Otto" from "Bayou Country" and a live take on "Down on the Corner" recorded for a TV special with Booker T & the MGs from "Willy & the Poor Boys."

Another Booker T collaboration on "Born on the Bayou," taped in the studio in 1970, can be found on "Cosmo's Factory," while the ultra-rare tape montage "45 Revolutions Per Minute (Parts 1 & 2)" has been added to "Pendulum."

Credence lead singer John Fogerty signed with Fantasy in 2005, following the resolution of a long-festering legal dispute over royalties with label owner Saul Zaentz.
I hate to admit this but I only have the 2 CCR Chronicles CDs & all JF's solo CDs. I may have to get these.
Old 07-30-08, 10:52 PM

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts
I have most of these on vinyl. This will be a good reason to "upgrade".
Old 07-30-08, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
I have the CCR boxset which if I recall had every studio album, the two live albums and a disc of pre-CCR stuff. Not sure I'll upgrade here.
Old 07-31-08, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boba Fett
I have the CCR boxset which if I recall had every studio album, the two live albums and a disc of pre-CCR stuff. Not sure I'll upgrade here.
ditto. that box set's sound is immaculate, and it has a plethora of pre-CCR, and live tracks. what else could they offer to make one want to purchase these all over again?
Old 07-31-08, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"
Originally Posted by wendersfan
I have most of these on vinyl. This will be a good reason to "upgrade".
Same here...and it is about time
Old 07-31-08, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Add me as another who has the box set and will pass on the reissues. Not saying these discs aren't a good idea though.
Old 07-31-08, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I never could afford the box set, and still don't own any of their albums as much as I love the band. And I'm wondering about the audio quality of the box set. I've read some reviews claiming it to have bad audio compared to the individual releases, while some say it has better quality.

Anyway, I don't know if I'll ever get the set. But am curious about the audio quality. And most likely, I'll just pick up these reissues sometime.
Old 07-31-08, 04:59 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

I only have the original CD releases (which are 1st generation and sound pretty bad), so if the remastering is good, I'll definitely get them (at least "Bayou Country," "Green River," "Willy & the Poor Boys," and "Cosmo's Factory" at first).