Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Dark Knight IMAX Prologue

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-08, 08:10 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my copy of batman begins today and just watched the dark knight prologue.Let me tell you it was some of the most stunning HD footage i have ever seen.

Set's my exceptions for the Blu-Ray very high indeed and could even even be the best Blu-Ray transfer ever judging by this. Blu-Ray just keeps getting better.
Old 07-04-08, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
Keep in mind that the prologue and selected scenes in the movie were shot on IMAX stock, while the rest of the movie was shot on standard 35mm.

That's not to say that the Blu-ray won't look great. I'm sure it will. But this one scene comes from a much higher quality source than the majority of the movie and may not be representative of what the whole movie will look like.
Old 07-04-08, 08:29 AM

On your BB disc, are you able to access the menu from the movie? Mine won't let me. I have to head to the end of the movie to get the disc menu to appear.
Old 07-04-08, 08:41 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Carcaridon
On your BB disc, are you able to access the menu from the movie? Mine won't let me. I have to head to the end of the movie to get the disc menu to appear.
If u mean the pop menu yes i can from the movie. I also noticed the audio is set to dolby digtial as default not the true HD track.
Old 07-04-08, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Originally Posted by TheBluRayReview
I got my copy of batman begins today and just watched the dark knight prologue.Let me tell you it was some of the most stunning HD footage i have ever seen.
It's solid, but I'm not sure it's reference quality. Got me excited for the movie, though.
Old 07-04-08, 09:04 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
It's solid, but I'm not sure it's reference quality. Got me excited for the movie, though.
I like the bit when u got to see the joker in his purple suit. Just the detail and richness of the color looked amazing.

Those little things just add so much to the overall movie experience.
Old 07-04-08, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn I really need to get a PS3 already. Any link to this footage somewhere?
Old 07-04-08, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by TheBluRayReview
If u mean the pop menu yes i can from the movie. I also noticed the audio is set to dolby digtial as default not the true HD track.
Right, exactly. And if you switch to the TruHD track for the IMAX scene, you get subtitles.