Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

A l'intérieur a.k.a Inside (Beatrice Dalle)

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-07, 03:23 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And one last announcement...Alexandre Bustillo and Julien Maury's A l'intérieur a.k.a Inside starring Beatrice Dalle is set to be released on February 20 in France and Monaco. Screened at the Cannes Film Festival.

Variety review:
By JAY WEISSBERG

For those who like their blood by the barrelful, "Inside" is just the ticket. Awash in red liquid that drips, oozes, spurts and pours, pic restarts the French gore genre with an over-the-top sadism sure to please fans of schlock horror. Featuring a vengeful psychopath terrorizing a pregnant woman, Julien Maury and Alexandre Bustillo's helming debut relishes every chance to show sharp objects plunging into flesh. Low-budgeter should see decent local returns, though ancillary will be what really makes its mark.

A nasty car accident leaves shutterbug Sarah (Alysson Paradis) alive but widowed, her fetus (seen periodically slammed against its amnio sac) intact. Nearly at full term and home alone, she's spooked by a woman (Beatrice Dalle, dressed like some superannuated Goth chick) trying to get inside. Sporting a major pair of scissors, the woman soon enters, making it clear she's intent on cutting the baby out of Sarah's tummy. Assorted would-be rescuers also fall victim -- can't anyone turn on a light? Fright level is average, with laughs dependent on whether skewers in eyes tickle the funny bone. Soundscape, like Dalle's crazed character, is unrelenting.

Camera (color), Laurent Bares; editor, Baxter cq; music, Francois-Eudes Chanfrault; production designer, Marc Thiebault; costume designer, Martine Rapin. Reviewed at Cannes Film Festival (Critics' Week), May 24, 2007. (Original title: A l'interieur) Running time: 81 MIN.
*Will update with technical specs as more becomes available.

Ciao,
Pro-B
Old 12-01-07, 07:45 AM

A Brazilian rental dvd with Eng subs is being released 12th Dec as well
Old 01-10-08, 02:23 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Here's the official confirmation, per RAMA, that the French disc isn't subbed in English, it is subbed in French.

Pro-B
Old 02-12-08, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts
Saw this one recently. Holy cow what a movie!
Creepy, tense, beautifully shot and ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY gory!
Old 02-12-08, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
What about the DVD coming in April? HKflix has it up for pre-order, but no details.
Old 02-28-08, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Courtesy of DVDActive:

Genius Products has sent over artwork for Inside which stars Beatrice Dalle, and Alysson Paradis. This new horror will be available to own from the 15th April, and should retail at around $19.97. The uncut release will be presented in anamorphic widescreen, along with a French Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround track. English subtitles will also be provided, along with an English 5.1 dub. The only extra material will be a making of featurette:

Ciao,
Pro-B
Old 02-28-08, 05:34 PM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I misread this, omitting the parenthesis, and thought there was a film called "Inside Beatrice Dalle."

I must say, that caught my interest.
Old 02-29-08, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Ron G
I misread this, omitting the parenthesis, and thought there was a film called "Inside Beatrice Dalle."

I must say, that caught my interest.
Ha! I bet you are disapointed now!

Pro-B
Old 02-29-08, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Horrible cover
I'll be doing a custom based on the french poster.
Old 02-29-08, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Gunde
Horrible cover
I'll be doing a custom based on the french poster.
I would love to buy one from you. Could you let me know when you're done with it?

Thanks.
Pro-B

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 02-29-08 at 04:04 AM.
Old 02-29-08, 03:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

is this a worthwhile film?
Old 02-29-08, 04:17 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I watched a DVD rip of it earlier this week and really enjoyed it. It's very brutal, sadistic and kind of unique. You can tell that it was inspired by Haute Tension.
Old 02-29-08, 05:50 AM

Inspired by a lot of gallic horror, not just Haute Tension. Also owes the original Texas Chain Saw Massacre a big debt. Great film though - A grade from me
Old 03-01-08, 11:12 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist
Ha! I bet you are disapointed now!

Pro-B
I cured my disappointment be re-watching Betty Blue.
Old 03-03-08, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist
I would love to buy one from you. Could you let me know when you're done with it?

Thanks.
Pro-B
Sure thing. I'll post a download link as soon as it's ready. I'm just waiting for more info on the release eg. extras.

Last edited by Gunde; 03-06-08 at 08:27 AM.
Old 03-06-08, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Preview ** WORK IN PROGRESS **
I've decided to use the original title 'cause it's so much cooler than 'Inside'

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Old 03-06-08, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Looks great!

Please be sure to include the Cannes logo, somehow, somewhere.

Pro-B
Old 04-10-08, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
So the R1 release is the only legit release of this film other than the non-English friendly R2 edition?

I read about this movie in this month's Fangoria while at work today. Definitely interested in the feature I read and will probably pick up the disc next week.
Old 04-11-08, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just read the review of this movie over at joblo.com, where he states it as "the most rewarding horror film that I've seen in the last five years." Since I don't have a Netflix account, I wonder if Blockbuster will have it for rent?
Old 04-11-08, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Beatrice Dalle is my favorite modern actress and I practically own everything (worth) owning she's been in. This film however presents a difficult dilemma because I saw it a few weeks ago and it is impossibly brutal (and no, not in a comic sense, it far surpasses In My Skin). I understand that she always puishes the envelope so to speak, hence the reason I adore her work, but I very much doubt that after this project there would be anything left to...push (I am yet to see Truands but the reviews have been quite cold, pointing to another extreme piece of cinema, though notably mainstream).

Back to A l'intérieur, it is probably a good idea to actually read a bit so you know what you are getting into. Unless you are certain you could stomach graphic imagery perhaps you should look for entertainment elsewhere. Too extreme for my taste.

Pro-B

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 04-11-08 at 12:59 AM.
Old 04-11-08, 04:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My custon cover is done. Get it here: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=529315
Old 04-12-08, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by tofferman
I just read the review of this movie over at joblo.com, where he states it as "the most rewarding horror film that I've seen in the last five years." Since I don't have a Netflix account, I wonder if Blockbuster will have it for rent?
Blockbuster will have many copies available; this is a Weinstein/Dimension release, and thus part of their big "exclusivity" push. If there's anything positive to be said for a contract like this, it's that Blockbuster now carries large quantities of particular DVDs they wouldn't have even bothered with in the past.
Old 04-13-08, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just ordered the R1 release of this film

Caught some clips of this over the weekend. Looked amazing.
Old 04-20-08, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Finally got a chance to watch the R1 copy I bought a week or so ago.

Loved it. Definitely one of the best modern horror movies I've seen in a long time (The Descent being the last).

I noticed though the love for this movie is split. Some horror fans love it, while others completely loathe it for it's brutality and plot.

Many reviewers felt completely uncomfortable with a pregnant woman fighting for her life as well as life of her child. If anything this heightened the sense of tension and complete fear for me.

Also have to back what Pro-B mentioned. If you aren't used to this kind of horror, do your research to see what you might be getting into. I'm a horror/exploitation film fiend and there were some moments where I cringed a little.
Old 04-20-08, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Cosmic Bus
Blockbuster will have many copies available; this is a Weinstein/Dimension release, and thus part of their big "exclusivity" push. If there's anything positive to be said for a contract like this, it's that Blockbuster now carries large quantities of particular DVDs they wouldn't have even bothered with in the past.
WARNING:

The Blockbuster release is CUT. Read about it here:

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/11994

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.