Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

Questions about Columbia House? Ask them here, Part II

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Questions about Columbia House? Ask them here, Part II

Old 08-23-07, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Ok, in my order history, it shows the one I paid $9.95 for but the one's for $0.49 aren't on there... Is there usually a delay on getting these in the history?
Old 08-23-07, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TheMovieman
Ok, in my order history, it shows the one I paid $9.95 for but the one's for $0.49 aren't on there... Is there usually a delay on getting these in the history?
The 9.95 is usually the only one that shows in the history. You won't see the 49 cent ones.
Old 08-23-07, 02:50 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 675 Likes on 451 Posts
Recently, they never show up in my order history. Just the 9.95 title like you.
Old 08-23-07, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

ignore your order history, it's never up to date or accurate for that matter.
Old 08-23-07, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, I'm still deciding which of my Columbia House accounts to close and re-open. I'm still thinking my TV one. When Heroes is released next week, will it be available as an enrollment title for the TV club?
Old 08-23-07, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ESG927
Ok, I'm still deciding which of my Columbia House accounts to close and re-open. I'm still thinking my TV one. When Heroes is released next week, will it be available as an enrollment title for the TV club?
Absolutely no chance. CH rarely updates their enrollment selections for the TV Club. If Heroes ever does become available as an enrollment selection, it will most likely be at least a year from now.
Old 08-23-07, 03:56 PM

thanks for the quick reply!

So if I want Heroes, sounds like I'll end up getting it somewhere else. It can't be used an enrollment title and sounds like it'll only count as 1 fulfillment because it's under $40. I'm not paying their shipping unless I'm getting a "deal" somehow!
Old 08-24-07, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by El Talon Del Monstruo
Hey all

I could not find the answer to this on any FAQ so I thought id open it to the masses. About 5 years ago I got a ColumbiaHouse.com account and bought all the stuff I needed, but I never actually closed down the account after I reached my obligations. Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago I try logging in and it'll not allow me anymore, and I try to retrieve my password and I never get it.

Does CH just automatically delete inactive accounts after a certian amount of time?
There have been reports that Columbia House will close inactive accounts after a time, but I haven't heard of it here for several years now.

I suggest that you try calling or e-mailing ([email protected]) them and ask if your account number xxxxxxxx is still open. If your account is closed and was in good standing (your fulfillments were purchased and paid for), you could get them to re-open the account. But that wouldn't make much sense because it would be a lot cheaper to open a new account and get a new enrollment package.
Old 08-24-07, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
The 9.95 is usually the only one that shows in the history. You won't see the 49 cent ones.
Originally Posted by Trevor
Recently, they never show up in my order history. Just the 9.95 title like you.
Originally Posted by riotinmyskull
ignore your order history, it's never up to date or accurate for that matter.
Some elaboration is in order because this subject definitely qualifies as a "Frequently Asked Question"!

The answer is this: Columbia House considers the 49¢ enrollment selections to be "promotions" not orders. So, they never appear in one's account history. The $9.95 "bonus" selection is technically a commitment so it DOES appear in one's account history.

It's just the weird way Columbia House does things. Don't let it worry you.
Old 08-24-07, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ESG927
Another question, and I know this is in the forum .... somewhere, just couldn't find the answer.

If I order a set as a fulfillment title, what $ amount does it have to be to qualify as 2 fulfillments?
The fulfillment credit table is in the FAQs in the first post of this thread. I highlighted it in blue to make it easy to spot.
Old 08-24-07, 12:20 PM

Thanks! I'll try to remember that for next time.
Old 08-24-07, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by lizard
Some elaboration is in order because this subject definitely qualifies as a "Frequently Asked Question"!

The answer is this: Columbia House considers the 49¢ enrollment selections to be "promotions" not orders. So, they never appear in one's account history. The $9.95 "bonus" selection is technically a commitment so it DOES appear in one's account history.

It's just the weird way Columbia House does things. Don't let it worry you.
Thanks Lizard (and everyone else who answered), makes sense now.

Last edited by TheMovieman; 08-24-07 at 08:04 PM.
Old 08-24-07, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by lizard
There have been reports that Columbia House will close inactive accounts after a time, but I haven't heard of it here for several years now.

I suggest that you try calling or e-mailing ([email protected]) them and ask if your account number xxxxxxxx is still open. If your account is closed and was in good standing (your fulfillments were purchased and paid for), you could get them to re-open the account. But that wouldn't make much sense because it would be a lot cheaper to open a new account and get a new enrollment package.
Thanks for the reply! I actually don't remember my account #...so it's not really a big deal, I don't even want to open a new account with CH. I have not gotten any mailers or e-mails from CH since I met my fulfillments so I'm assuming I closed my account and I just forgot about it.
Old 08-27-07, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wow, is the Pedro Almodóvar collection really the 9-disc for $20?
Old 08-27-07, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^ $20.97 it is. Plus $7.99 shipping in the regular club, free shipping at CH.com, of course.
Old 08-27-07, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah. What are the odds of a B1G1 + free shipping coupon coming soon? Or should I just get it with the B1G1 + triple funcash code...
Old 08-27-07, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The free shipping will not apply to it, so you might as well pull the trigger.
Old 08-28-07, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ah right right. Thanks.
Old 08-28-07, 06:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Gah, just placed an order for B1G1 with triple funcash. I got 30 Rock and Robocop. I just noticed I only got 5$ funcash. It turns out that 30 Rock is part of their get 3$ extra funcash for emmy winners, and apparently that preempts the triple funcash code, so I only got 5$ instead of $6 (or really I should have gotten $9). Has anyone ever tried to get more funcash by emailing CS, or is that a bad idea?
Old 09-03-07, 09:26 AM

I've been trying to use the email form in my TV DVD club membership but I keep getting an email that says failure delivery, is anyone else having this problem?
Old 09-03-07, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Sandyk67
I've been trying to use the email form in my TV DVD club membership but I keep getting an email that says failure delivery, is anyone else having this problem?
I had the same problem a while back. I ended up sending my message from one of my regular DVD accounts. You just need to change the account number field to the account number for your TV account.
Old 09-03-07, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I ordered Gandhi as part of my enrollment package. I received it, it was in fine shape, but when I put in the second disc of extras, it was entirely in Japanese. All of the copyright warnings and the menus are exclusively in Japanese. The content is obviously in English, however, you have to guess what you are requesting because the menu is unreadable. Is there any recourse? I know that the enrollment packages are promotional items and are therefore not in my order history. Has anyone else received Gandhi in the same condition?
Old 09-04-07, 06:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I traded away the Gandhi I ordered without ever opening it but that was months ago and never heard anything back from anyone. I don't suppose that, by chance, this happened to be the enrollment package title that was your $14.95 or $9.95 (7th) title? Then there would be a simple recourse. If it was high on my want list, I'd probably just order it again (and pick up a free disc in the process with a B1G1 code) and then send the 1st one you got back for a replacement. Sure, you will wind up with 2 new Gandhi discs this way, but then you at least can trade or sell the extra and get back more than the 49 cents you are out to begin with.
Old 09-04-07, 06:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by starman9000
Gah, just placed an order for B1G1 with triple funcash. I got 30 Rock and Robocop. I just noticed I only got 5$ funcash. It turns out that 30 Rock is part of their get 3$ extra funcash for emmy winners, and apparently that preempts the triple funcash code, so I only got 5$ instead of $6 (or really I should have gotten $9). Has anyone ever tried to get more funcash by emailing CS, or is that a bad idea?

Well, I emailed CS about this and they went ahead and applied 9$ to my funcash for 30 Rock, which I promptly used to get Helen of Troy for just the 2.99 shipping. So even though I didn't wait for a free shipping deal I got a new release TV series, a SE Tin, and a non-enrollment title for right around 40$. That's pretty good, thinking about doing the same with The Office. But I imagine the 9$ funcash is a big YMMV.
Old 09-04-07, 02:20 PM

I recently ordered 10 dvds from Ch.com and i just got a package for containing only 8 dvds. Will they send me another package with 2 more dvds that i bought?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.