Target Prices: July 29 - August 4, 2007

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-07, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HI DVDTalkers!

Got the Target circular for 7/29/07 - 8/4/07 in my hands.

Please be aware of the following:
  • All DVD prices listed are advertised as Available Tuesday 7/31/07
  • Suspected Low Price is listed in parentheses
  • Polaroid 5 Megapixel Digital Camera // 4X Digital Zoom // 2” LCD Display // Model A520 >>>> $88.88
  • Western Digital 320 GB External Hard Drive // Model WDG1U3200N >>>> $112.00
  • SONY 1 GB USB Flash Drive >>>> $12.99
  • SONY 2 GB USB Flash Drive >>>> $19.99
  • Apple 1 GB iPod Shuffle // 5 Different Colors >>>> $79.99
  • Get a Free HP Printer ($49.99 value) with the purchase of any camera over $189.00
  • GAMERS: The Wii Gaming System is NOT listed in the ad…… Sorry
  • GAMERS / MOVIE AFFICIANADOS: Please note $100 Price Break on Playstation 3 Game System which brings the price down to $499.99 // Remember that you can get 5 free Blu-Ray DVDs with purchase of any Blu-Ray Player / Game system by going here: http://www.bluraysavings.com/
  • From time to time special deals / prices will be listed in the Store Notes Section & the in the product price thread that may or may not be available in your specific geographic area. This is due to Regional Market Variations of the nationwide ads that I post and as such, not all deals / prices will be available in all Target stores. Please note that this version of the Target ad originates in the Northeast.

As always, ask any questions and I'll respond as soon as I can.

**** DVDs / DVD sets ********

Lonely Hearts >>>> $17.99
Firehouse Dog >>>> $19.99
Pathfinder >>>> $19.99
Hot Fuzz >>>> Low Price ($17.99)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Bratz: Sleep-Over Adventure >>>> $14.99 ****

****Includes bonus disc which features a Bratz movie sneak peek // Quantity limited // no rain checks

----------------------------------------------------------------------

300 >>>> $15.99

300: 2 DVD Deluxe Edition >>>> $22.99 ????

300 HD-DVD >>>> $29.99

300 Blu-Ray >>>> $24.99

???? Target Deluxe Edition includes 300 movie download (full theatrical version) for PC or mobile device with exclusive “Making of 300” download and over 90 minutes of thrilling extras on a bonus disc // Quantity limited // no rain checks

DVD Sets:

Sabrina, The Teenage Witch: Season 2 >>>>> $27.99 ****

****Receive a $5 Target gift card with purchase // Quantity limited // No rain checks

**** CDs ********

$9.98 EACH:

Common: Finding Forever

Kidz Bop 12

Sean Kingston: Sean Kingston

Kia Shine: Due Season

Korn: Untitled

---------------------------------------------------------------------

$11.98 EACH:

Tim McGraw: Let It Go

Elliott Yamin: Elliott Yamin

Bone Thugs-N-Harmony: Strength & Loyalty

$13.98 EACH:

Common: Finding Forever (CD / DVD)

$18.99 EACH:

Korn: Untitled (CD / DVD)

Video Games:

New Release Games:

Mario Strikers Charged >>>> Wii >>>> $49.99 Available 8/1/07

Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree >>>> Wii >>>> $49.99

Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World’s End >>>> Wii >>>> $39.99

Pokemon: Battle Revolution >>>> Wii >>>> $49.99

Picross >>>> NDS >>>> $19.99 Available 8/1/07

NDS Games:

Brain Age >>>> $19.99

Big Brain Academy >>>> $19.99

PC Games:

None Listed

Price Comparison Links for 7/29/07 - 8/4/07

Circuit City:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=506855

Best Buy:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=507192

That's All Folks!

Have a Good Week!

Last edited by speedy1961; 07-23-07 at 06:46 PM.
Old 07-19-07, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks Speedy.

So Circuit City has cards and Target has a download for 300. Looks like it's either Best Buy or just order it from Columbia House for me.
Old 07-19-07, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Originally Posted by smashthesymbols
Thanks Speedy.

So Circuit City has cards and Target has a download for 300. Looks like it's either Best Buy or just order it from Columbia House for me.
A full movie download?

I don't understand their logic on this.
Old 07-19-07, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For Target, the way it's worded makes it seem like they are including a 3rd disc in a "Deluxe Edition", like they have done many times recently (Flags of Our Fathers, Dreamgirls, Pursuit of Happyness, etc.). It sounds like that 3rd disc includes not only the downloadable film (who gives a crap)... but also 90 minutes of exclusive extras? If the whole third disc is a DVD-ROM, count me out. If it's a regular DVD with 90 mins of exclusive material PLUS the downloadable film, I'm in. It will be interesting to see how this turns out. Can't wait!

Edit: As far as BB goes, I'm not getting the love for the helmet. That's just weird. Maybe a life-size one, but not a mini one. Give me a steelbook or a bonus DVD and you can have my money, Best Buy.

Last edited by Dane Marvin; 07-19-07 at 06:06 PM.
Old 07-19-07, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Dane Marvin
For Target, the way it's worded makes it seem like they are including a 3rd disc in a "Deluxe Edition", like they have done many times recently (Flags of Our Fathers, Dreamgirls, Pursuit of Happyness, etc.). It sounds like that 3rd disc includes not only the downloadable film (who gives a crap)... but also 90 minutes of exclusive extras? If the whole third disc is a DVD-ROM, count me out. If it's a regular DVD with 90 mins of exclusive material PLUS the downloadable film, I'm in. It will be interesting to see how this turns out. Can't wait!

Edit: As far as BB goes, I'm not getting the love for the helmet. That's just weird. Maybe a life-size one, but not a mini one. Give me a steelbook or a bonus DVD and you can have my money, Best Buy.
You know, I missed that "bonus disc" part at the end. If it is a three disc version Target may be the way to go. I'm just not that interested in that Best Buy helmet either. I'd rather have extra content than a silly helmet that will take up space on my shelf.
Old 07-19-07, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks!
Old 07-19-07, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
Thanks Speedy!

$24.99 for 300 on Blu-Ray? Nice.

I'll have to keep my eyes open for reviews of the BD/HD-DVD versions.
Old 07-20-07, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by speedy1961
A full movie download?

I don't understand their logic on this.

I remember when Superman Returns at Wal-Mart had an "exclusive" with the DVD where you could go online and download the same full-length Superman Returns... for only $1.99 more!!!

Doesn't make much sense to pay MORE to download the movie i'm ALREADY paying for... at least with this, it's free. But I still don't see how they would come to view that as a "bonus" for customers. I guess not everyone knows how to convert a DVD to an mpeg/vob/mp4 but if they're buying a physical DVD in the first place, I don't think they'd really care anyways.

Thanks for the info though, speedy! I'm guessing the download is just something online and the bonus disc is an actual DVD? If so, might have to purchase 300 at Target... we'll see...
Old 07-20-07, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If anyone knows if this is infact a dvd and not a rom, let us know please. I would also buy this from Target if it's a 3rd dvd with extras.
Old 07-20-07, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^ I'm hoping for that, Roger, and also hoping for special packaging like what they did with the Ghost Rider store exclusive. That was nicer packaging than just the standard slipcover that normally comes with the 2-disc.
Old 07-20-07, 04:17 PM

FYE/Suncoast is also apparently advertising a bonus DVD with theirs. They also usually have the same price as everyone else on the 2-disc Deluxe Editions when a new DVD comes out, but have a mail-in rebate on top of that. So depending on which store has the better bonus disc, that may determine where to buy this. I hope some info on what's on the bonus discs comes out before release day. I likewise don't get the appeal of the "mini-helmet," especially when it's apparently going to cost at least $10 extra. You can buy a full-size one at Suncoast if you're that into it.
Old 07-24-07, 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by shyguy1083
I guess not everyone knows how to convert a DVD to an mpeg/vob/mp4 but if they're buying a physical DVD in the first place, I don't think they'd really care anyways.
Well, as a person who has NO IDEA on how to convert blah blah blah, I think this is very cool.
I just bought an 30Gb iPod with video and am yet to actually have a video on it. I wanted to get 300 for it but felt dumb buying a digital download of it AND the DVD. Target has solved my problem...I think.
Being that I am in NO WAY technically savvy, this digital download they speak of, does that mean I would be able to put 300 on my Video iPod?????
How would I do that?
Would I have to download the movie with iTunes???
Help!!!!
I am so siked for this!!!
Yes, I'm a loser.
Old 07-24-07, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by speedy1961
$13.98 EACH:

Common: Finding Forever (CD / DVD)

It looks like this may be a Target exclusive. Does it happen to say what's on the DVD?
Old 07-24-07, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by yeldarb367
It looks like this may be a Target exclusive. Does it happen to say what's on the DVD?
Sorry but no.
Old 07-25-07, 11:11 AM

That's a devil of a great price for 300.

Buy at BB to get the RZ points, price match on Wednesday and it comes out even cheaper.
Old 07-26-07, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Cheapest price around for "Sabrina Season 2"
Old 07-26-07, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What, No Lost Tales?
Old 07-27-07, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Looking to get 300 on HDDVD at Target since they're the cheapest B&M next week. However, I've never noticed Target to sell new releases in HDDVD format on street dates. I also have to admit that I've been out of the loop in following DVD/HDDVD releases lately.

Have they finally caught up with BB and CC or is this going to vary by location?
Old 07-27-07, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Centurion
Looking to get 300 on HDDVD at Target since they're the cheapest B&M next week. However, I've never noticed Target to sell new releases in HDDVD format on street dates. I also have to admit that I've been out of the loop in following DVD/HDDVD releases lately.

Have they finally caught up with BB and CC or is this going to vary by location?

Hmmmm.... Interesting .

The Targets in my area are dead on with all new releases.

I suppose that you could call your local store before going.
Old 07-27-07, 02:37 PM

Is the "90 minutes of thrilling extras" on the 300 bonus DVD a DVD-Rom type deal, or is it an actual third DVD disc? If so this might be the best store exclusice for 300.
Old 07-27-07, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Icon769
Is the "90 minutes of thrilling extras" on the 300 bonus DVD a DVD-Rom type deal, or is it an actual third DVD disc? If so this might be the best store exclusice for 300.

We'll all know on Tuesday.
Old 07-28-07, 07:26 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts
from the picture in the ad i can say with almost certainty that the "300" SE is not a 3-discer. the ad shows the normal 2-disc SE and mentions 2 downloads. that is all.
Old 07-29-07, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Icon769
The national tv ad for the 2-disc SE says there are "over 90 minutes of extras". This leads me to believe that Target simply has the regular 2-disc version (which has 90 minutes of extras) and some stupid downloads (no third disc or extra content). Therefore, since I don't care about a Canadian or other region's steelbook, and I could care less about a mini helmet, Columbia House is the way to go for me.
Old 07-30-07, 09:06 AM

Target's picture of their 300 2-discer says "Deluxe Edition" while the normal 2-discer pictured everywhere else says "Special Edition". So the plot thickens...

BTW, it was posted in the other forum that FYE/Suncoast's bonus 300 disc is a 23-minute collection of interviews with the filmmakers that has different content than Best Buy's old free ticket bonus disc. They are apparently already handing it out if you pre-order 300.
Old 07-30-07, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JediJones
Target's picture of their 300 2-discer says "Deluxe Edition" while the normal 2-discer pictured everywhere else says "Special Edition". So the plot thickens...

BTW, it was posted in the other forum that FYE/Suncoast's bonus 300 disc is a 23-minute collection of interviews with the filmmakers that has different content than Best Buy's old free ticket bonus disc. They are apparently already handing it out if you pre-order 300.
So it has a different banner name? That's interesting. Is the rest of the art the same? Too bad no one from Target electronics hangs around these boards.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.