DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Leave It To Beaver Season 2 - $9.99 Target

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-07, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Leave It To Beaver Season 2 - $9.99 Target

Found it in the clearance section, so YMMV.
Old 03-25-07, 05:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If Season 2 is truly being clearanced, it would seem a Season 3 release is in jeopardy.
Old 03-25-07, 05:25 AM

Target doesn't put DVD's on clearance. They ship them back if they will no longer carry the title. And even if they did, $9.99 wouldn't be a clearance price.
Old 03-25-07, 06:45 AM

OP, what city did you find this in?
Old 03-25-07, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by DX 4 Life
Target doesn't put DVD's on clearance. They ship them back if they will no longer carry the title. And even if they did, $9.99 wouldn't be a clearance price.
they do put dvd's on clearance, just only once in a great while. They recently had some HD & Blue-Ray on clearance, along with a few other regular dvd's at my targets. B
Old 03-25-07, 07:55 AM

A few years ago, I picked up the first season of "Punky Brewster" for $9.99 at a local Target. Surprisingly, the other Targets in my area were selling it at the regular price (I think it was $25 or $30). I told several friends about it and encouraged my sister to pick it up for my nieces (she did and they loved it). I've been checking back ever since for a similar sale, but haven't found one. Congratulations on the find, Mr. Peepers, but I believe we were just in the right place at the right time.
Old 03-25-07, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DX 4 Life
Well, it was in the clearance section with a clearance sticker saying it was $39.99 and now it's $9.99.

Originally Posted by New Rambler
what city?
Medford, OR

It was the first time I had ever found a DVD in the clearance section and I really think I did just get lucky.
Old 03-25-07, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Yes, I would say you got lucky. My guess is it was a mistake. It would be a very poor business decision to clearance a title like that for $9.99. A company like Target more than likely wouldnt do that. They could easily throw them in their next $19.99 box set deal and get more mileage out of it.
Old 03-25-07, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, sounds like you got lucky, OP.

Not entirely surprising though. It's not like Target hires rocket scientists (nor do they pay enough for the employees to even care that much).
Old 03-25-07, 09:04 PM

I had a similar experience this past Monday at Target (E/W Connector, Austell, GA). I found The Munsters Season 2 for $7.48 in the electronics clearance area. It had a red clearance tag noting an original price of $29.99. The shrink wrap was a little beat, but the packaging was fine. They also had three copies of some '80s teen sex comedy I had never heard of, along with a few CDs. You never know what you might find in the Target clearance section.
Old 03-26-07, 09:27 PM

Found three in South Texas just as OP said. Also got some Food Network sets for $5 a piece...well $4.98.
Old 03-28-07, 06:36 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Zuvembieman
I had a similar experience this past Monday at Target (E/W Connector, Austell, GA). I found The Munsters Season 2 for $7.48 in the electronics clearance area. It had a red clearance tag noting an original price of $29.99. The shrink wrap was a little beat, but the packaging was fine. They also had three copies of some '80s teen sex comedy I had never heard of, along with a few CDs. You never know what you might find in the Target clearance section.
When you say "electronics clearance" area do you mean that the DVD sets were in the electronics area rather than the usual dvd/music area? I tried the Dallas Hwy/Marietta, GA store and couldn't find any clearance movies of any sort. I'm very near the E/W Connector store and am curious to just go and see what I can find as well. I just want to make sure I'm clearly understanding where to look.
Old 03-28-07, 08:02 AM

When the dvd is rung up, does it come up as $9.99 or does the cashier have to override the price?
Old 03-28-07, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by pepsiguy
Found three in South Texas just as OP said. Also got some Food Network sets for $5 a piece...well $4.98.
Whats south Texas? Theres no cities here?
Old 03-28-07, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Ravenous
Whats south Texas? Theres no cities here?

Yeah, but if I were to say Laredo I wonder how many other people would know where that was...i'm just sayin'.

Old 03-29-07, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I checked three Targets today....no DVDs at all in the clearance end caps.
Old 03-29-07, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by chard31
When the dvd is rung up, does it come up as $9.99 or does the cashier have to override the price?
$9.99

And by electronics clearance, the dvd was in the clearance section over in electronics and not the dvd section. It was at the end of the aisles where I am.
Old 03-29-07, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,067 Likes on 646 Posts
I have been in out Target a million times and have never seen a clearance area anywhere. Must be a regional thing.
Old 03-29-07, 02:57 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts
Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
I have been in out Target a million times and have never seen a clearance area anywhere. Must be a regional thing.
They are very well hidden, at least at my local Targets. They are usually on the endcaps facing the walls, so the farthest possible out of view.

I've seen lots of random things thrown on them, DVDs occasionally, but not very often.
Old 03-29-07, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by olliebee
When you say "electronics clearance" area do you mean that the DVD sets were in the electronics area rather than the usual dvd/music area? I tried the Dallas Hwy/Marietta, GA store and couldn't find any clearance movies of any sort. I'm very near the E/W Connector store and am curious to just go and see what I can find as well. I just want to make sure I'm clearly understanding where to look.
The clearance endcap I saw was in the electronics section, back where the printers are. If I recall, the endcap faces the wall that would be closest to the front of the store (if that makes sense). The electronics clearance had moved since the last time I had checked it a month or so ago, but it does have a tendency to be tucked away, out of the main trafffic areas. I mainly circle around the electronics area when I'm in Target and look for the red clearance stickers. Happy hunting!
Old 03-31-07, 12:34 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Zuvembieman
The clearance endcap I saw was in the electronics section, back where the printers are.
Thanks for the tip. Amazing that clearanced DVD's would be in electronics rather than the movie music area, but sure enough there was an entire bin of all sorts of clearance movies and software just dumped in it at random.

I got Perry Mason Season 1, Volume 1 for $9.99. They had Dallas S5 for even cheaper, only $8.96. There are 3 Targets within a 10-15 minute radius of my house, but only one had the clearance DVD's. Needless to say, in the future, I will be making periodic visits to this Target to see what other treasures I can find.

The DVD's scanned and rung up at the clearance price without any sort of override. I LOVVVVVE A Bargain!