Search
Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-17, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts
Re: Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

If it's any consolation, mine hates me too.
Old 07-03-17, 08:31 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts

Knowing full well that I'm a hoarder and attempt to mentally justify binging in various sales almost weekly, I think my logic might be sound on this sale.

I really enjoy exclusives and "unique pieces of history". Owning something signed by creators I love gives me great pleasure. I've proven over my 50 years that I don't go to cons or other signing appearances all that often, maybe once a year on average at best. So grabbing somewhat cheap unique items here seemed like a good compromise.

I'll probably never get around to going to a con and meeting Mike Mignola and getting an item signed. But grab a signed sketchbook now for $30? Yes please!

I never got the chance to meet the departed Will Eisner or Joe Kubert. But grab a signed graphic novel from each for less than $50? Yes!

The problem was knowing when to stop. I initially found about 40 approximately $20 on average items from favorite creators. I cut that in third, but hopefully don't go back for another order.....
Old 07-03-17, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor
My wallet hates you Paul.
Thirded!

Fortunately/unfortunately my sketchbooks, art HC's, etc. are probably my most disorganized collection, with barely any of them written down. For once that was a positive, as I didn't want to buy a dup. of anything, and so was able to limit myself to 4 items at just under $90 w/tax (I went by in person, so no shipping [or potential shipping damage]).
Old 07-07-17, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought I'd share this. The deal was featured in the first issue of Marvel Comics Digest. It's worth an additional $5.97 off the subscription price for the new Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man penciled by Adam Kubert. It ultimately ends up as $22.99 for 12 issues.

Go to this website: https://subscriptions.marvel.com/parker

Then use code PETER at checkout. The ad says the code is good until December 28, 2017.
Old 07-10-17, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 449 Likes on 307 Posts

Amazon: Get $5 off book purchases (sold by Amazon) over $15.
Use promo code PRIMEBOOKS17

Expires Wed. night. Works for TPB, graphic novels, etc.

Full terms
Old 07-11-17, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Barnes & Noble has a B2G1 on Marvel books going on until 7/18 and there's currently a coupon (code: VACATION) for 10% off $35+ and 15% off $60+ that stacks with it that expires on 7/12
Old 07-11-17, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I found a couple Trades on Amazon at 58% off apiece:

Suicide Squad (Ostrander) Volume 5 https://www.amazon.com/dp/1401262619
Unwritten Volume 11 https://www.amazon.com/dp/1401253482/

Maybe there are more, but if so I've not yet found any.
Old 07-11-17, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just ordered that Suicide Squad volume from Instock Trades yesterday!
Old 07-13-17, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

Originally Posted by Strapped4Cash
I found a couple Trades on Amazon at 58% off apiece:

Suicide Squad (Ostrander) Volume 5 https://www.amazon.com/dp/1401262619
Unwritten Volume 11 https://www.amazon.com/dp/1401253482/

Maybe there are more, but if so I've not yet found any.
I should have mentioned something earlier. Several older DC trades were hitting up to 60% off on Amazon during Prime Day.

Here is one like Robin Reborn from the 1990s:

https://www.amazon.com/Robin-Vol-Reb.../dp/1401258573

Lots of older, less popular trades are cheaper than ever on Amazon.
Old 07-20-17, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Barnes & Noble has their annual Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale on DC trades running until the end of July. The Marvel phase just ended I believe. It's a good sale especially if you have a membership that adds 10% off.

Many Barnes & Nobles are also handing out a few cool comic book freebies at the moment.

They are usually found on one of those small tables the chain so loves. Items include a couple of free comic book samplers and posters. There is a Spider-Man preview comic, a DC Young Animal sampler comic, and a very thick guide to DC trades I recommend. The guide includes trade timelines for most of the major DC characters.

Technically you are supposed to buy a graphic novel for the free items but I've found they don't care what you buy when taking them.

The coolest freebie is a fairly big DC poster with Tony Daniel art. It has Wonder Woman facing off against the rest of the DC universe. There is a separate promotion for free manga items, including a slick Your Name poster.
Old 07-25-17, 08:37 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Barnes & Noble has their annual Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale on DC trades running until the end of July. The Marvel phase just ended I believe. It's a good sale especially if you have a membership that adds 10% off.

Many Barnes & Nobles are also handing out a few cool comic book freebies at the moment.

They are usually found on one of those small tables the chain so loves. Items include a couple of free comic book samplers and posters. There is a Spider-Man preview comic, a DC Young Animal sampler comic, and a very thick guide to DC trades I recommend. The guide includes trade timelines for most of the major DC characters.

Technically you are supposed to buy a graphic novel for the free items but I've found they don't care what you buy when taking them.

The coolest freebie is a fairly big DC poster with Tony Daniel art. It has Wonder Woman facing off against the rest of the DC universe. There is a separate promotion for free manga items, including a slick Your Name poster.

Thanks for the head's up, Tony Daniel is one of my favorite WW artists so I went to pick one up.

The Buy 2 Get 1 on DC stuff deal you mentioned is still going online, and you can combine it with free shipping, and there is an additional 15% off coupon that stacks for two more days (SAVEMORE) as long as you spend enough money.

In order to reach the threshold I had to get 12 books since they were so cheap, but that made the 4 lowest priced ones free since they let you do the deal as many times as you want even in one order! So long as you are not pre-ordering anything.

I really recommend doing this and the Marvel week every year, great way to get a ton of content for such a small cost even compared to Amazon Prime. If you are a big spender you could even get three $100 Omnibus editions for less than $200 to your door for example. That's like a year's worth of reading =).
Old 07-25-17, 09:39 AM

^ One can get good deals at B&N, but don't forget that you can always get every $100 Omnibus for $50-60 at DCBS or IST.
Old 07-25-17, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by dishpan
Thanks for the head's up, Tony Daniel is one of my favorite WW artists so I went to pick one up.

The Buy 2 Get 1 on DC stuff deal you mentioned is still going online, and you can combine it with free shipping, and there is an additional 15% off coupon that stacks for two more days (SAVEMORE) as long as you spend enough money.

In order to reach the threshold I had to get 12 books since they were so cheap, but that made the 4 lowest priced ones free since they let you do the deal as many times as you want even in one order! So long as you are not pre-ordering anything.

I really recommend doing this and the Marvel week every year, great way to get a ton of content for such a small cost even compared to Amazon Prime. If you are a big spender you could even get three $100 Omnibus editions for less than $200 to your door for example. That's like a year's worth of reading =).
I combine the DC sale with my 10% membership discount from Barnes & Noble in stores.

There is an online code right now for 15% off a $75 purchase that should stack with the online sale. It's SAVEMORE.
Old 07-26-17, 08:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
There is an online code right now for 15% off a $75 purchase that should stack with the online sale. It's SAVEMORE.
Isn't that what I was saying =)
Old 07-26-17, 03:15 PM

Not sure what thread(s) this is best in, but wanted to make sure that fans saw it. New Humble Bundle digital book bundle is on a bunch of those x and Philosophy books, including many comic-related ones like Watchmen, Spider-man, and Iron Man. Others include Game of Thrones, Family Guy, Star Trek, Star Wars, and Walking Dead. It seems to be decently regarded series, and you can't beat the price. 6 books for $1, or 12 for $8, or all 19 for $15.
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/f...ilosophy-books
Old 08-05-17, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The Legion of Super-Heroes Silver Age omnibus is 50% off at instocktrades. Most of these newer, smaller omnibuses don't ever seem to get below this pricing.

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/DC/L...L-01/MAR170429
Old 08-06-17, 07:24 AM

And the first Monsters omnibus is down to $35!
Old 08-08-17, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Here's a real good deal if you are into Deadpool. An Amazon Marketplace seller is selling practically new copies of the Deadpool by Posehn & Duggan omnibus for $33.29 shipped. Simply buy the "like new" copies from seller bookoutlet1. They have several copies left.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/1302902288

I can confirm this deal because I ordered from them about a week ago and got my copy in today. Sealed and basically new as they listed, with the only blemish a small marker dot on the bottom marking it as a cut-out.
Old 08-09-17, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

bookoutlet1 always has remainders in new condition. Their listings are on abebooks and alibris and you can usually find coupons to stack with bookoutlet1's prices.
Old 09-01-17, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have any information as to why Amazon has stopped discounting prerelease graphic novels to the extent they have in the past? Earlier in the year I got some great deals of 50% off and more. More recently, when first posted, Amazon has offered only a small discount before jacking the price up to full retail until release. Now my local comic shop's regular discount is better than Amazon pricing. What's up with that?
Old 09-01-17, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Joseph Eming
Anyone have any information as to why Amazon has stopped discounting prerelease graphic novels to the extent they have in the past? Earlier in the year I got some great deals of 50% off and more. More recently, when first posted, Amazon has offered only a small discount before jacking the price up to full retail until release. Now my local comic shop's regular discount is better than Amazon pricing. What's up with that?
Amazon rotates their customer focus by segments fairly regularly. I guess they were tired of selling pre-orders at cost or even at a small loss. Some of those prices were clear mistakes when they put up the wrong suggested retail price.
Old 09-04-17, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Instocktrades has the Archer & Armstrong Classic Omnibus at 55% off. This was easily my favorite Valiant series from the 1990s and is some of Barry Windsor-Smith's best work.

https://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Val...S-HC/AUG151796
Old 11-23-17, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

GIFTBOOK17 saves you $5 off a $20 book order at Amazon.
Old 11-27-17, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

There are various deals on InstockTrades for CyberMonday.
Old 12-09-17, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

InStockTrades has the Marvel Universe by Chris Claremont Omnibus for 70% off at $37.50. That thing must not be selling. Granted, it's a mixed bag of nearly random comics.

Collects WAR IS HELL #9-15, BLACK GOLIATH #2-5, CAPTAIN BRITAIN (1976) #1-10, DOCTOR STRANGE (1974) #38-45, MAN-THING (1979) #4-8 and #10-11, FANTASTIC FOUR VS. X-MEN #1-4, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS II #1-5, MEKANIX #1-6, BIG HERO 6 #1-5, and material from X-MEN UNLIMITED (1993) #36

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.