Search
Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-17, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts
Re: Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

A great item to use the code on Amazon is for The Brave & The Bold: Bronze Age Omnibus. For some reason Amazon has never changed its pricing from $46. This is a large omnibus with a $125 MSRP.

I already bought it so I have to look for something else. I've never read Adam Strange...
Old 02-22-17, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
A great item to use the code on Amazon is for The Brave & The Bold: Bronze Age Omnibus. For some reason Amazon has never changed its pricing from $46. This is a large omnibus with a $125 MSRP.

I already bought it so I have to look for something else. I've never read Adam Strange...
Yeah, I have that one already too. I think I used a promo code for it last year.

New Teen Titans Omnibus is another 50% off pre-order at $75.

A lot of similar volumes are in the 38-39% off range, which at a $75 list gets them to $46.39, and B&B is at the same price despite the higher SRP.

A weird one is Wonder Woman by George Perez #2, which shows as $46.39 in the similarities bucket but $66.66 when clicking through.
Old 03-02-17, 02:08 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

Lots of DC omnibus discounts at Amazon today. That George Perez one was like $37, lots of other 50% off or more.
Old 03-02-17, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Many DC hardcovers and pre-orders are around 50% off, including Cosmic Odyssey.
Old 03-02-17, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They look to be having good-to-great sales on a variety of graphic novels, and regular books too. I'm mostly seeing 45-50%, not often more (maybe I'm missing them?).

Some highlights I've seen:

Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes Vol. 1 for 59% off is terrific: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1401272916/

Batman & the Outsiders Vol. 1 for 50% off: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1401268129/

The Fade Out Deluxe Edition for 50% off: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1632159112/

Legion of Super Heroes: The Silver Age Omnibus 51% off: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1401271022/
Old 03-02-17, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The Bronze Age Justice League Omnibus is around 60% off at under $50. It probably behooves everyone to pick one of the aforementioned Amazon deals in this thread and scroll through Amazon's recommendations. Most of the deals end up in their recommendations.
Old 03-02-17, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was actually just checking out the Justice League of America: The Bronze Age Omnibus Vol. 1 and it shows me 51% off at $49.06. Is the msrp supposed to be more? It's still a great deal either way.
Old 03-02-17, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Strapped4Cash
I was actually just checking out the Justice League of America: The Bronze Age Omnibus Vol. 1 and it shows me 51% off at $49.06. Is the msrp supposed to be more? It's still a great deal either way.
I think I mistyped the 6 next to the 5 when I posted.
Old 03-02-17, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think I mistyped the 6 next to the 5 when I posted.
No problem! I can understand the enthusiasm.

And there's a lot to be distracted by. For example, I question how far back in the past I want to go on some of the DC titles. I definitely am buying Superboy & The LSH, but do I want to get the Legion Silver Age Omnibus too? That, TT Bronze and JLA Bronze are what I'm really weighing right now. Along with the fact that if I pre-order 15-20 books then that's a lot to keep track of, and pay for (although I can always cancel beforehand I guess).

I already own all of the comics in the Perez WW Vol 2, for example, but that's heck of a deal and in a much nicer format. And I do have Vol. 1. I still shouldn't buy it, but it's tough.
Old 03-02-17, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'm definitely in for both Legion books.

I usually order from Instock Trades for 50% off during week of release, but it's a better deal to get the Amazon volumes when they're 60% off.
Old 03-03-17, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A few of these have gone up in price, the Superboy & The LSH went up over $5 and Batman & The Outsiders more than $6. For anyone waiting, don't wait too long.
Old 03-03-17, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Could anyone recommend the Teen Titans Silver Age Omnibus? I like the characters but I've never read these issues. I don't mind blind buys but am worried about DC's penchant for terribly hokey teenage characters in the Silver Age.
Old 03-03-17, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could anyone recommend the Teen Titans Silver Age Omnibus? I like the characters but I've never read these issues. I don't mind blind buys but am worried about DC's penchant for terribly hokey teenage characters in the Silver Age.
Two words: Bob Haney.

Whether that's a deal-maker or deal-breaker depends on your tastes.

(I've read several reprinted stories over the years and found the early stuff pretty bland. They're similar to the JLA stories of that era, except with much better art and a lot more "Groovy, Wonder-Chick!".)
Old 03-03-17, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I haven't read my copy of the TT Omnibus yet but I think I've read a number of the stories. I like them, but the hipster dialogue is pretty bad.
Old 03-04-17, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Lots of smaller trade pre-orders for DC are near 50% off. Paul Dini's Zatanna trade coming out Tuesday is nearly half off.
Old 03-08-17, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Instocktrades is offering a fairly big allotment of "damaged" trades on sale at 50-60% off. I'm almost positive these are inventory returns from...Barnes & Noble. So that should give you an idea of what to expect from the damage.
Old 03-14-17, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Updates.

1) Things From Another World. One cust. service employee I dealt with was sympathetic, the other not at all. Either way it was entirely my responsibility to prove via pictures that the damage was bad enough for them to believe me, and "allow" me to return/exchange the problem gn's. But even when 1 picture did prove at least some of what I was saying, and they admitted it, then they still sort of shrugged and wouldn't give me an address to send it to. I finally contacted my cc companies (since there were 2 different orders). One just issued a refund without investigating, since it was less than $12 w/tax. The other took a couple of weeks and gave me a refund.

2) Midtown Comics. They also kept insisting that pics. were all that mattered for the 3/15 previously read/water-damaged gn's I got from them. 2 of the books had a dark background where the water line didn't show up well. The 3rd absolutely had a line where it shouldn't have been, but they definitely told me "no". I spoke with my cc, which started the investigation process. But I'd also replied to Midtown anyway, after they told me to check their condition grading system then I'd pointed out that they were at best "Good", but possibly worse. Which led them to finally give me their address to send the stuff back. But my cc issued me a refund while the package was in transit, and I haven't heard from them again.

The moral for me in dealing with these companies is to either have a great phone/camera and the ability to take strong pictures, or else not deal with them at all.

Meanwhile, I also finally took advantage of the great deal mentioned by Spiderbite (thanks very much!):

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
http://twomorrows.com/index.php?main...oducts_id=1326

Modern Masters Bundle -
$85.00

Spoiler:
With over two dozen volumes celebrating the lives and work of today’s greatest comics artists, the Modern Masters book series is a must-have for any bookshelf! And when you order these 17 volumes together as a bundle, they’re only $5 each:

Kevin Maguire
Charles Vess
Michael Golden
Jerry Ordway
Mike Allred
Lee Weeks
Mike Ploog
Kyle Baker
Chris Sprouse
Mark Buckingham
Guy Davis
Jeff Smith
Frazer Irving
Ron Garney
Eric Powell
Cliff Chiang
Paolo Rivera

Plus you get two FREE bonuses with the bundle:
Kevin Nowlan (only a handful of slightly scuffed copies of this sold out book, included while they last—order early!)
Michael Golden DVD (normally $19.95)

(Note: Because of the heavily discounted price, a digital edition is not included with each book. Also, due to low stock, the volumes on Alan Davis, George Perez, John Byrne, Mark Schultz, and John Romita Jr. are not part of this bundle offer.)

These are great books! Highly recommended!
This went extremely well, especially so as I had a paypal offer of a $10 credit when spending $75+. So I still had to spend $85 + $10.85 s/h, but got an additional $10 credit back afterward.

A small disappointment is that they are now out of the Kevin Nowlan book, but otoh I was very pleased as I wrote a comment to them in my order that I already owned 3 of the books and that they should 100% keep them. As an aside I mentioned that I didn't have the Mark Schultz book, and if omitting those 3 freed up room to throw a Mark Schultz into the box then I'd be especially grateful. But that that was a longshot that I didn't expect. To my surprise they actually did send me the Mark Schultz though!

So I now own all of the volumes in this series, except for 3 (Kevin Nowlan, Frank Cho and Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez). Thanks again Spiderbite!
Old 03-14-17, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,076 Likes on 651 Posts

^ Awesome series!
Old 03-26-17, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The Justice League of America's Bronze Age Omnibus is 50% off at $49 on Instocktrades. You do need to add something to hit $50 for the free shipping.
Old 03-26-17, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

The Justice League of America's Bronze Age Omnibus is 50% off at $49 on Instocktrades. You do need to add something to hit $50 for the free shipping.
It's actually $49.99 so you have to add a penny. I thought about adding something cheap but just got something I wanted, Darwyn Cooke's Batman Ego at 45% off.

I thought about just getting it at Amazon for the same price with Prime shipping, but I prefer to patronize IST, in part because of their superior packaging.
Old 03-26-17, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think all DC and Image stuff is 45% off at the moment.
Old 05-09-17, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

I noticed IST has the Star Wars Artifact Edition for $76.xx

Not exactly a smoking hot deal, but a decent discount over the usual price and you get free shipping (Cheap Graphic Novels has it for $113 shipped)
Old 06-22-17, 06:47 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

Just a heads up: These 3 statues are now on clearance at Best Buy for $29.99 each. The only problem is that they have the same SKU, so the inventory doesn't know which one they have in-stock.

Old 07-01-17, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

Stuart Ng has got a pretty good sale going on right now until July 5. No coupon needed, but you have to spend $75 before the discounts kick in (and there are no discounts on new arrivals).

He's got a phenomenal selection of import and hard to find artist/illustration monographs, how to books, and comic albums. His stuff is usually seriously overpriced, but there is some generous discounting going on right now, bringing most things down to a reasonable level with some true bargains here and there.

recent back issues of Illustration Magazine can be had for just over $10, and many of the imported Comix Buro sketchbook series come out to around $18 (still pricey for the size, but the best deal on them I've seen in a long time...and they are beautifully produced, if slim).

I usually check his site out monthly just to keep tabs on things and familiarize myself with new artists I'm not aware of- but I rarely buy anything anymore.

If you are going to buy something from him though, now is the best time to do it.
Old 07-02-17, 02:22 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

My wallet hates you Paul.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.