Voltron vol. 2

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Voltron vol. 2

Old 12-12-06, 09:28 PM
lin
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Voltron vol. 2

Does anyone know whether the Voltron Yellow Lion collection that Deep Discount DVD is selling is packaged in the metal tin?

I know that when Wal-Mart had the first vol. they didn't have the collectible packaging, so didn't know which version of vol. 2 DDD was selling.
Old 12-12-06, 09:52 PM

I picked this up today for 29.99 @ the FYE near Rockefeller Center. It was the metal tin. Best buy didn't have it, they are going to have it next week, but I'm not sure if it's the tin or keep case. I asked my brother to see if the Target in Trumbull, CT had it, but they didn't, neither did the best buy.
Old 12-13-06, 10:06 AM

From what I heard Walmart is only selling a NON-TIN version, everywhere else is selling the TIN version...
Old 12-13-06, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do we think the tins are available online at any place that uses Google Checkout? They all seem to say "keepcase"...
Old 12-13-06, 01:42 PM

i saw this at my local walmart for 28.xx. It was in a yellow tin
Old 12-13-06, 01:53 PM
lin
Cool New Member

Hmmm... I wonder why Best Buy isn't getting Voltron until 12/19... payback for getting the first set two weeks earlier than everyone else? I'm anxious to pick it up, because I don't have anything new to watch until The Simpsons S9 that's coming out next week. But at the same time, I'm wary of ordering it online without know whether I'll be getting the metal tin.
Old 12-14-06, 11:38 AM
lin
Cool New Member

Also, did anyone buy from Amazon? If so, did you get the yellow lion collectible tin?
Old 12-14-06, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by lin
Also, did anyone buy from Amazon? If so, did you get the yellow lion collectible tin?
Got mine delivered today from Amazon. It was the tin.
Old 12-17-06, 06:34 PM

Has anyone ordered from Buy.com or Deepdiscountdvd.com that can comment on whether they received the tin or not?
Old 12-18-06, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got mine from Amazon.ca. Metal tin.
Old 12-18-06, 07:29 PM

Anyone buy this anywhere online other than Amazon.com and receive the metal tin?
Old 12-20-06, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
Ordered this last night through the BB website for $35 and did in-store pickup, found out after I picked it up that for some reason the in-store price is $10 cheaper. And despite their "Low Price Guarantee" that if something is available online or in-store you will automatically get charged for the cheaper price, that was not the case, so that policy is evidently bullshit. I had to go through the hassle of returning the item and buying it again for the cheaper price.
Old 12-22-06, 11:38 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by mijang
Anyone buy this anywhere online other than Amazon.com and receive the metal tin?
I recvd mine today from Buy.com. Metal Tin
Old 12-23-06, 06:28 PM
lin
Cool New Member

Anyone have some problems with disc three? I was watching some of the special features and there was some occasional scrambling of the images or short pauses. Nothing too noticeable but as someone who wants everything to be perfect, it kinda bothers me.
Old 12-23-06, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by lin
Does anyone know whether the Voltron Yellow Lion collection that Deep Discount DVD is selling is packaged in the metal tin?

I know that when Wal-Mart had the first vol. they didn't have the collectible packaging, so didn't know which version of vol. 2 DDD was selling.
Lin, prior to jumping to another question on Disc 3, does your 1st question had been answered? or you bought it from another store instead fo Deepdiscountdvd?
Old 12-24-06, 01:10 AM
lin
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by xage
Lin, prior to jumping to another question on Disc 3, does your 1st question had been answered? or you bought it from another store instead fo Deepdiscountdvd?
Xage -

I just ended up picking it up at Best Buy, since it was only $24.99 in store... that way I knew for sure that I was getting the tin. I think it was cheaper than DDD even, though not as cheap as Buy.com after GCO.
Old 12-25-06, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by HTaddiction
I recvd mine today from Buy.com. Metal Tin
Thank-you for your reply. I went ahead and ordered from Buy.com using Google Checkout.
Old 12-29-06, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts
Got mine from DDD today. Came with metal tin.
Old 12-29-06, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by lin
Anyone have some problems with disc three? I was watching some of the special features and there was some occasional scrambling of the images or short pauses. Nothing too noticeable but as someone who wants everything to be perfect, it kinda bothers me.
Where about on disc 3? Time? I haven't finished the first set yet but can check this out on set 2 tonight if you give more specifics.
Old 12-29-06, 01:35 PM
lin
Cool New Member

None of the actual episodes were affected... only the special features. Unfortunately, I don't think the special features show the time on my DVD player display like the episodes do.

That said, I know I had a problem with the trailer for Gaogaigar (sp?), at the very beginning of the special feature on the toys, and at several points during the main feature with the interviews with those involved with the production. I can't remember every point during which the visual "glitches" occurred. Offhand, I had a problem when the DVD showed footage of a news interview back in the 80s of Peter Keefe talking to a reporter about a trip for 35 kids to Florida; another place was when someone was discussing how he had worked on Transformers and that robot shows are focused on "hardware."
Other segments were affected as well, but I can't remember them all.

I don't expect anyone to go and specifically check for problems, but I would appreciate it if anyone can let me know if they are experiencing the same problems with their thrid disc special features.

Originally Posted by Deadpool
Where about on disc 3? Time? I haven't finished the first set yet but can check this out on set 2 tonight if you give more specifics.