Reload this Page >

Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part II

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Old 11-11-06, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread is intended as a place to list Sale Offer Codes that may be of interest to other Columbia House DVD Club members. It replaces the previous thread, now closed: Part I

Sale offer codes differ from Enrollment codes. To learn about the best Enrollment codes please check out the CH Enrollment Codes Part II Thread.

Please note that nobody is currently using code trawling to find all active codes, as was the case some months ago. Instead we have been listing codes we have received in e-mails, and by trying out a few adjacent code numbers. If someone would like to write and use an algorithm for code trawling and post the results, please feel free to do so. [Edit: thejester and LKRUNNELS have been kind enough to do some code trawling for us in recent months. Thanks! (7-1-07)]

FAQs:

Q: What is a "sale offer code"?

A: Columbia House offers a variety of promotional offers and sales to its members. Some are worthless but others can be terrific deals if properly used. Sale offers are designated by a six digit number beginning with "80", for example 803048.

Q: Will a sale offer code work on MY account?

A: Perhaps. In the past offer codes were strictly limited to the accounts that Columbia House assigned them to. Then we started finding numerous codes that would work on most or all accounts. Use of codes is strictly a "YMMV" (Your Mileage May Vary") situation.

Q: Will a Sale offer code work on my TV Edition Club account?

A: Usually; same as with regular DVD Club accounts. TV Edition Club accounts have exactly the same fulfillment requirements and sale offers as regular DVD Club accounts.

Q: Will a Sale offer code work on my CH.com account?

A: Sorry, No. CH.com accounts rarely utilize sale offers of any kind. They are designed to be simple: DVDs are 40% off (sometimes a bit more) all the time, with free shipping and no Director's Selections to fuss with. But average DVD costs are usually higher than properly optimized regular DVD club accounts; that's the price one pays for convenience.

Q: How do I enter a sale offer code?

A: Log-in to your account. At the top of the page will be your current sale offer. At the lower left of the page is a box to "Enter Your Online Code".

Q: How long do sale offers last?

A: In the past, sale offers have lasted from two days or so to several weeks. Some codes have expired and then been resurrected weeks or months later. If you spot a code you want to use and it works on your account, remember this: "You snooze, you lose".

Q: Where do I find the BEST sale offer codes?

A: You should be able to find the better codes posted on the last page or two of this thread. That's the purpose of this thread. Certain prized sale offers may be posted in their own threads and draw much discussion.

Q: I got a sale offer in an e-mail; how do I find out what the code is?

A: Using a browser like Internet Explorer, click on the e-mail and then partway through the page loading process stop the load. If you time it correctly, you will see an interim URL and it will have the sale offer code embedded in it: 80xxxx. It takes practice to stop the page load at the correct time. This method doesn't seem to work with current version of the Firefox browser. I am uncertain if it will work with other browsers, such as Safari.

While you don't need the code to use the sale offer (just clicking on your e-mail is enough), by posting the code here others can try it to see if it will work on their accounts.

Q: What are some good sale offers?

A: The most highly prized sale offers here are B1G1F (also abbreviated BOGOF), which stands for "Buy One Get One Free", and various forms of "Free Shipping". Some offer codes can include both B1G1F and free shipping.

Q: I have free shipping on my account, why isn't my box set getting free shipping?

A: Columbia House used to include box sets, and other "Special" priced DVDs in free shipping offers but this is no longer allowed except on rare occasions. So, free shipping usually applies only to regular and sale priced DVDs. Free shipping is almost never allowed on Funcash purchases (except in CH.com club accounts, which are very different from regular DVD Club and TV Edition Club accounts).

Q: I have a B1G1F sale offer on my account, can I buy a box set or a Pre-order using it?

A: Yes and No. You can't get box sets and Pre-orders (usually) as freebies, but you can use them to qualify for buying a regular DVD that is priced the same as or less than the qualifying purchase.

Q: I have a B1G1F offer on my account, can I get more than one free DVD?

A:
Sometimes. Some sale offers allow the purchase of more than one free DVD, others limit the account to just one freebie per order.

Q: Can I use a B1G1F offer more than once?

A: Yes, the offers can be used on as many separate orders as you want until they expire.

Q: My account has "Buy one get 50% (or 60%) off". Is this a good deal?

A: No. Those are the standard offers most accounts get and they are completely worthless. Why? Because the sale DVDs don't count for fulfillment yet they cost more than the average DVD cost in a well-optimized account (currently about $4.80 per DVD using a B1G1F plus free shipping sale offer [7-2-07]).

Please understand that it is the business of Columbia House to entice you to spend more money on DVDs than you otherwise would. So, they throw sale offers at you that sound good but really aren't, because they up the average cost of the DVDs that you buy. And they throw "Director's Selections" at you in the hope that you forget to decline them (which is very easy to do on-line). For best results, learn the Clubs Forum "mantra": "Enroll, fulfill, cancel, repeat". Buying the minimum required DVDs after enrolling usually leads to the lowest average cost of DVDs.

Q: Are there any other things I should know about sale offers?

A: Yes, you should be aware that when using complicated sale offers like B1G1F, Columbia House sometimes screws them up and you will be left trying to sort it out after the fact. You might even have to send back the order so that you can start over with a clean slate. If you are using a sale offer code that was not on your account you are in a weak position when it comes to explaining to a CSR (Customer Service Representative) why they made a mistake with your order and that they should fix it. Please be aware of this.

Most of us have no trouble with our orders but you can be assured that those who do will be vociferous when posting their bad experiences in this forum. When correcting a mistake it is best to "let the dust settle" for a few days rather than rush and have an order screwed up even more.

If you have any additional questions about sale offer codes, please feel free to post them here.

Last edited by lizard; 07-02-07 at 01:06 PM.
Old 11-11-06, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

803048 B1G1F plus "free shipping on everything" (does not include box sets, of course).

How long this code is expected to last is not yet known.

[In the other thread on this code, some have reported that it works but the free shipping requires three items. Others have found that the code doesn't seem to work on their accounts.]
Old 11-11-06, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
also 807748 works but is b1g1 free shipping also

it depends on the account or something ... YMMV ( hey I can finally use that ) seems you have to add 3 titles to get FREE shipping.

thanks for the new thread

Last edited by DisneyDVDFAN; 11-11-06 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-11-06, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DisneyDVDFAN
also 807748 works but is b1g1 free shipping also

it depends on the account or something ... YMMV ( hey I can finally use that ) seems you have to add 3 titles to get FREE shipping.

thanks for the new thread
807748 says that I need to buy 3 or more titles to receive free shipping, but it does give me free shipping on just 2 titles.
Old 11-12-06, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^ Ok, now you have me intrigued. I have "free shipping on everything" on my account (no code required). And it works fine with just one regular DVD (not on sets, of course).

So, it appears that Columbia House is applying free shipping offers to accounts in different ways, depending on the status of the account.
Old 11-12-06, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

thanks for doing this lizard. This thread should be sticky.
Old 11-12-06, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

803048 and 807748 are both dead today. Don't worry, new codes will be available soon.
Old 11-15-06, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

As listed in other threads:

806162 FREE DVD plus unlimited DVDs at 60% off when you buy 1 at regular Club price. Free Shipping on your Entire Order Offer does not apply to sets, video games, or merchandise Sets up to 30% Off, No other purchase necessary!

808162, 805362 FREE DVD plus unlimited DVDs at 50% off when you buy 1 at regular Club price. Free Shipping on your Entire Order when you buy 3+ titles Offer does not apply to sets, video games, or merchandise Sets up to 30% Off, No other purchase necessary!

803662 FREE DVD plus DVDs at 50% Off, no other purchase necessary Free Shipping on your Entire Order Offer does not apply to sets, video games, or merchandise Sets up to 30% Off, No other purchase necessary! (Please note that this appears to be a mistake in wording; this code is NOT B1G1F.)

806096 This month, All DVDs 60% Off when you buy 1 at the regular Club price of $19.95 or higher. Free Shipping on your entire order!

Last edited by lizard; 11-15-06 at 12:59 PM.
Old 11-22-06, 10:51 PM

991416: Buy 1 get 1 DVD Free, 60% off and Free shipping.
Old 11-22-06, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by OwlAtHome
991416: Buy 1 get 1 DVD Free, 60% off and Free shipping.
Ooh, CH has broken out of the 8-series and into the 9. Thanks for the code.

EDIT: I just tested the code and it does say Buy 1, Get 1 FREE and 60% Off of Each Additional Title. However, when I place two qualifying items in the cart, one is full price and the second is half off(not free). Maybe the code has not been activated as of yet.

Last edited by Sweet Baby James; 11-22-06 at 11:18 PM.
Old 11-23-06, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

991416 doesn't work for me
Old 11-23-06, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts
The code isn't recognized on my brand new account.
Old 11-23-06, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Interesting...

I had the code be accepted, but with the exact same exact defective results as SBJ, at around 10 pm PST last night on my brand new account (welcome email received yesterday).

This morning, it isn't recognized.
Old 11-23-06, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I also got the e-mail but neither the code nor the link work to give me B1G1F. This offer seems to be broken.
Old 11-23-06, 12:22 PM

Same problem here. I entered the code in another account and it shows the offer but it's not applied. Only clicking through the email seems to work.

Sorry folks.
Old 11-27-06, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

801433 B1G1F plus Free Shipping, says it includes sets (but I didn't test it), November 27, 28 only.

FREE DVD plus unlimited DVDs at 60% off when you buy 1 at regular Club price.

Free Shipping on your Entire Order

Offer does not apply to video games or merchandise

Sets up to 30% off, No other purchase necessary!

Note:

A discounted Set or an Upcoming Release -- purchased at $19.95 or higher -- can also act as your qualifying purchase.
Your sale selections must be of equal or lower value to your qualifying purchase of $19.95 or higher.
Some exceptions apply. Upcoming Releases, Sets, and other specially priced items will not be eligible in your regular offer as a sale item.
Order early and save more on Upcoming Releases!
Pre-order these highly anticipated titles for as low as $19.95 each -- then, you can take Unlimited DVDs at 60% off!
Old 11-27-06, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by lizard
801433 B1G1F plus Free Shipping, says it includes sets (but I didn't test it), November 27, 28 only.
I just tried it. The free shipping does include sets. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 11-27-06, 11:13 AM

Re: 801433 - the CH website will tell you to order a third item in order to get free shipping. That isn't true, you only need 2 items, which you can easily verify by entering Checkout (and aborting if you're just testing).
Old 11-28-06, 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by lizard

FREE DVD plus unlimited DVDs at 60% off when you buy 1 at regular Club price.

Free Shipping on your Entire Order

Offer does not apply to video games or merchandise

Sets up to 30% off, No other purchase necessary!

Note:

A discounted Set or an Upcoming Release -- purchased at $19.95 or higher -- can also act as your qualifying purchase.
Your sale selections must be of equal or lower value to your qualifying purchase of $19.95 or higher.
Some exceptions apply. Upcoming Releases, Sets, and other specially priced items will not be eligible in your regular offer as a sale item.
Order early and save more on Upcoming Releases!
Pre-order these highly anticipated titles for as low as $19.95 each -- then, you can take Unlimited DVDs at 60% off!
just wanted say that the code works 50/50 for me, i get the free dvd, but dont get the 60 % off, but still kinda cool, thx for the code!
Old 11-28-06, 01:01 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

can you use the code 801433 more than once on the same account for different orders?
Old 11-28-06, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by sabre
can you use the code 801433 more than once on the same account for different orders?
Yes. Just remember that the free shipping for box sets is supposed to end tonight.
Old 11-29-06, 12:02 PM

This month, All DVDs 60% Off when you buy 1 at the regular Club price of $19.95 or higher.

All Sets UP TO 30% off, no other purchase necessary.

Free Shipping on your entire order!

Offer does not apply on sets, merchandise or video games
Old 11-29-06, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Yes. Just remember that the free shipping for box sets is supposed to end tonight.
I tried to fulfill my account (opened 1 week ago) with two rounds of 801433 and got my confirmation emails right away - the first email was in html and itemized dvd titles and prices, and the other in plain text just itemizing the dvds only. I logged into my account right afterwards to check that 2nd order and all the correct info (including prices) was there. However, I checked again today so I could make a copy of the 2nd order with the prices (in case something odd happens) when I noticed that both orders have all the prices replaced with 'xxxx'. Should I be worried?
Old 11-29-06, 08:50 PM

DVDs at 60% off when you buy one at the regular Club price of $19.95 or higher.

Offer ends November 30, 2006 at 11:59 pm.

Sets at 30% Off, No other purchase necessary!

Plus get 10% Off & Free Shipping on your entire order!
Old 11-30-06, 03:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

805252 + $5 email discount almost equals B1G1 Free

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.