Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Burnout Revenge 360

Old 03-09-06, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think we just need to stick to private rooms -- that was much easier and more fun. Hopefully the connection issues will get sorted out. I'm sure we're not the only people having the problems.

Also, I CANNOT stay up that late any more!
Old 03-09-06, 08:27 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Definetly. Private rooms worked much better then trying to set up a ranked game and everyone else searching for the host while the host boots everyone that randomly joins.
Old 03-09-06, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Apparently if you are lucky enough to find the exclusive cars, they don't work in the game, from EA:

Why can't I use the Burnout Revenge car I downloaded from an in-store kiosk?

Answer
We are aware of an issue where special cars, downloaded to a memory card from in-store 360 Kiosks, will not work with Burnout Revenge. In the coming weeks, EA will release a patch that will fix this issue so these special cars will work with the game.

At this time, there is no official date for the release of this patch. Please check this FAQ again in a couple of weeks. Once the patch has been released, this FAQ will be updated with instructions on how to patch your game.
And the 360 car doesn't work in online matches, so the same will probably be true for the others.
Old 03-09-06, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Apparently if you are lucky enough to find the exclusive cars, they don't work in the game, from EA:

And the 360 car doesn't work in online matches, so the same will probably be true for the others.
Saw you online last night Corvin and I tried to send you a couple invites, you should come play with us soon we had a blast.
Old 03-09-06, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DamingR
I think we just need to stick to private rooms -- that was much easier and more fun. Hopefully the connection issues will get sorted out. I'm sure we're not the only people having the problems.

Also, I CANNOT stay up that late any more!
I'm in total agreement. Your ranking still changes in private rooms, we have enough people to fill one (and it wouldn't be bad with only 3 or 4 even), and you can actually send out invites. Personally i'm just all about getting revenge - i don't even try to win the race sometimes because if i see someone close behind me i'll slow down to fight with them some

Also, staying up late on a wednesday night hurt me today. Maybe in 2 weeks when i'm on spring break but i need earlier nights.
Old 03-09-06, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by xmiyux
I'm in total agreement. Your ranking still changes in private rooms, we have enough people to fill one (and it wouldn't be bad with only 3 or 4 even), and you can actually send out invites. Personally i'm just all about getting revenge - i don't even try to win the race sometimes because if i see someone close behind me i'll slow down to fight with them some

Also, staying up late on a wednesday night hurt me today. Maybe in 2 weeks when i'm on spring break but i need earlier nights.
The only way your rank is going to change in a private room is if it goes down, people are knocking you out of position anytime your aren't playing online in a ranked match.
Old 03-09-06, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Vryce
Definetly. Private rooms worked much better then trying to set up a ranked game and everyone else searching for the host while the host boots everyone that randomly joins.
Try it from the other side, I'm just trying to get a normal race going, and I keep getting booted by hosts trying to set up a race with friends!
Old 03-09-06, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally Posted by kakihara1
Saw you online last night Corvin and I tried to send you a couple invites, you should come play with us soon we had a blast.
They didn't come through. I guess they are in-game only, I haven't had a chance to get to Best Buy to get it yet. Hopefully today.

So I was on Full Auto last night. I'm game when I get it though. Keep sending those invites.
Old 03-09-06, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I had a hard time connecting to any of you guys last night. It showed everyone playing or in the Burnout Lobby but the "invite to play" option was greyed out.

I love this game!

Sam
Old 03-09-06, 01:37 PM

You have to have actually created a private custom game in order to invite friends. I'll be on tonight if I see you (and I'm in a private game) I'll be sure to shoot you an invite.
Old 03-09-06, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by kakihara1
LMAO! nice posting about a guy that doesn't even belong to the site I had it on Czar one more to go but the bastard got lucky. I honestly can't wait to get home to play this game.

What do you mean I don't belong to the site?

And yea... I took the easy route and went after Miyu as he is the olny one that is as bad as I am it seems... we were always dukeing it out for last place!

Oh, and I see this game costing me alot of controllers... Played during the day today to unlock some of the crash maps for the wife and me and was screaming at the tv like a little girl half the time. Man do I ever suck at games that involve cars.

Oh, and just remember guys... now you understand me when I say my connection sucks in Halo2.
Old 03-09-06, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by tjr2mental
What do you mean I don't belong to the site?
I'm talking about Jason
Old 03-09-06, 03:53 PM

That would explain it... Was lost there for a second.
Old 03-09-06, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I picked this up yesterday and tried it out last night - it's incredibly fun, especially online. I had issues connecting with other DVDTalk players, so I just hopped into a random match and was lucky enough to end up playing with some cool people. I also messed around with creating my own room, but I didn't realize that a room could be either private or ranked. Hopefully I can catch some of you online tonight - my wife and I are going to dinner at a friend's house, but I might have time to jump on Live before or after.

On a side note, even though I enjoyed Full Auto, I'm having much more fun with Burnout so far. I'm even contemplating trading in Full Auto to defray the cost of Oblivion, once I unlock most of the single player achievements.
Old 03-09-06, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Add me! add me! This game is fun as hell...and I'm sure it helps I haven't played the previous versions.
Old 03-09-06, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Can someone tell me exactly what this game is? Is it just a straight racing game, along the lines of PGR? Or is it more of a combat racing game, like Full Auto?
Old 03-09-06, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It is an arcadey racer where you try to also wreck the other people. Great graphics and the settling scores revenge aspect of wrecking those who have wrecked you is a good deal of fun. Easy pick up and play game for non-gamers.
Old 03-09-06, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by xmiyux
It is an arcadey racer where you try to also wreck the other people. Great graphics and the settling scores revenge aspect of wrecking those who have wrecked you is a good deal of fun. Easy pick up and play game for non-gamers.
In that case, I'll give this a shot. I hate the traditional racing games (PGR, GT, etc)...but this sounds interesting.
Old 03-09-06, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Fun game tonight guys. Thanks for the achievements.
Old 03-09-06, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
Add me! add me! This game is fun as hell...and I'm sure it helps I haven't played the previous versions.
You're on my friends list already so whenever you see me playing just send me an invite and we'll hook up..........ending with you smashing headlong into a barracade
Old 03-09-06, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I was hoping to join you all tonight when I saw so many folks from here on but my buddies all came over and wanted to check out the new games. I wasn't about to let them go on LIVE and screw up my reputation.
Old 03-10-06, 12:02 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I played it tonight and got bored after 10 minutes. Didn't seem much point to it, imo. It's a shame, because it looks good.
Old 03-10-06, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
I played it tonight and got bored after 10 minutes. Didn't seem much point to it, imo. It's a shame, because it looks good.
you need to get into some games with us, it's a riot.
Old 03-10-06, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by abrg923
In that case, I'll give this a shot. I hate the traditional racing games (PGR, GT, etc)...but this sounds interesting.
I can't stand racing sim games either but i love the Burnout series. Hopefully it will be the same for you.
Old 03-10-06, 06:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by flashburn
Fun game tonight guys. Thanks for the achievements.
Di you get that from me as well? I swear i was giving away that achievement like it was candy at Halloween.

Well to everyone except Canis

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.