Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

A little news regarding the Thundercats replacement disk

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-05, 03:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A little news regarding the Thundercats replacement disk

Alright, alright, I searched the other Thundercats threads and found nothing, and even though I probably shouldn't create a whole new thread regarding this, I felt it kinda didn't belong in the old one, so here it is.

Anyways, I was curious as to the whereabouts of my SASE to send my old disc to Warner, so I called them up again. I guess since they're still taking orders they're not sending out any SASEs until they stop taking orders. The woman on the phone didn't know when they were going to stop taking orders, but I figured this was an interesting development. I also thought there were some people here wondering the same thing I was but remaining silent. Or maybe everyone realized what was going on and I just never realized it. Oh well.
Old 10-05-05, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the update. i was already wondering about that SASE the other day!!
Old 10-07-05, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

thanks for the update....anyone want to list all the returns details in this thread, so we can use it specifically for the return.

i have not even called yet
Old 10-07-05, 09:15 AM

Hmmph.

I emailed Warner to ask if I (as someone in the UK who was thinking of buying the sets) would be able to obtain a replacement disc (I said I would be happy to pay shipping myself) and they haven't bothered to reply.

I know that some studios won't supply replacement discs outside of the intended sales region.

Not bothering to reply strikes me as not being very promising though.
Old 10-07-05, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts
My wife was wanting this, but I told her about the errors and she said it'd be better to wait. Now I hear this? I certainly don't want to mess with the whole return thing, and I haven't heard how to tell corrected packages in the store.

Not smart Warner, get some info out there please.
Old 10-08-05, 09:35 AM

Are they issuing corrected sets to stores? I haven't seen anything about that.

I guess it would make sense for them to issue any new stock with fixed discs to stores that run out, but that usually means that the entire original duplication run has run out with the issuing studio. They usually run off more than enough copies to meet the predicted demand first time round, so unless it's a very high sales volume item, error fixes like this rarely reach stores - they usually find it cheaper to issue fixed discs to individuals who have noticed there's something wrong.

Of course, in the even of a major error, a studio will normally recall defective issues and then send out brand new stuff. I don't think this is one of those times though.

Warner p!ssed me off by ignoring me though.
Old 10-09-05, 04:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Nebiroth
Are they issuing corrected sets to stores? I haven't seen anything about that.
not a word so far
Old 11-07-05, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Thundercats S1 V1 is now an available enrollment for the CH TV on DVD club, so I'm going to take a chance and order it - however, for the disc replacement, I can't find any info - the link everywhere comes up as a Quicktime file that won't open:

http://www2.warnerbros.com/warnervid...ction=section2

Any help?
Old 12-01-05, 02:42 PM

Hey guys, just wanted to update everyone and tell you that your discs are probably on their way. I received my replacement disk today, along with a SASE to send them my defective one.

Pretty silly if you ask me, generally you figure Warner would've requested the defective disk first, and THEN sent out the replacement one just to make sure they weren't giving out free DVDs. Then again, maybe they realized how badly they screwed the pooch on this one and just wanted to satiate the consumers.
Old 12-01-05, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i really need to send off for this...can someone direct me to that e mail address?
Old 12-01-05, 10:15 PM

http://www2.warnerbros.com/warnervid...ction=section2

Click the link on the right regarding the replacement disk. You have to call their customer service line... to my knowledge you can't e-mail.
Old 12-02-05, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Can someone please briefly explain what the actual defect is? I have the set and remember reading about the second episode lacking background music on the English Language track. Is that the issue here? I'll definitely send for a replacement if this is the case, but if it's some other defect, I'd like to know what it is before sending for a replacement.

K
Old 12-02-05, 08:35 AM

You got it Cornelius. The second episode is lacking background music. The replacement disk solves this problem.
Old 12-05-05, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got my disc friday, they are finally shipping them out.
Old 12-05-05, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

got my replacement over the weekend. it's weird for them to ask to send in the original after sending out the replacement -- like an afterthought. thanks to the fans who know the show well enough to point out the problem to the studios!!
Old 07-05-06, 07:34 AM

Just to flag up I recently bought the first boxset and to my surprise the second episode, Unholy Alliance seemed to be completely intact. I didn't notice any difference in background music between the English, French or Spanish tracks, though the French track seemed to be a lot quieter.

So maybe, Warner are now shipping the boxsets with fixed discs.

The boxset had a lenticular cover, to boot, as did the third one, but sadly, the second set didn't. Ah the perils of buying online.

I'm in England, by the way, so Warner probably would not have sent me a fixed disc anyway. Most studios don't supply them to customers outside the release area.
Old 04-27-08, 03:08 PM

Does anyone who has bought this set recently know if the error has been fixed?
Old 05-25-08, 04:31 PM

Bump.