Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

NIИ - Nine Inch Nails - Discussion Thread [part two]

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

NIИ - Nine Inch Nails - Discussion Thread [part two]

Old 08-24-05, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 182 Likes on 122 Posts
I actually like with teeth but I can definitely see why some people would hate it; guess it's just another one of those NIN things

I love when the song gets mellow as well, nice touch.

But with that said, it's far from being one of my favs on the album.
Old 08-25-05, 02:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rival11
I love when the song gets mellow as well, nice touch.
Same here, especially how that part's extended during the live version. And I love it even more when it all of a sudden gets extremely louds out of no where.
Old 10-04-05, 05:25 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

What a great, great fucking show. First I have to give my kindest regards to Yvette from this board who gave away two tickets to me since she was sick. You made two of my friends very happy. Thanks again and I hope you get well soon.

As for the show, Autolux I thought was great. No one else did though. But fuck em.

Queens rocked it as usual. I've seen em twice before but they really mixed up their setlist this time. It was great. Josh was funny as usual. He pointed to some dude in the audience and started ripping on him, saying "i've bet he's seen more dick ends than weekends"They were on for an hour. Deffinitly glad they played SONG FOR THE DEAD.

Nin were amazing. What a force they were. They sounded fantastic live, especially Trent's voice. Sadly they seemed to avoid playing much off THE FRAGILE. No starfuckers, were in this together now or into the void. But the rest of the set was composed of their big stuff with a lot of smaller, more intimate songs the casual NIN fan like me didn't know. I love hearing a song live for the first time. the visuals were phenominal. They were a work of art, period. And that slik screen projected video thing worked great. The guitarist went rather nuts at the end and started smashing his guitar over the keyboard and drum set. They ended rather abruptly and that was that. No encore. Sorta suprised by that, but then when I saw that they were on for almost 2 hours I guess they fit in all the songs.
Old 10-04-05, 07:17 PM

Yep, it was a great show. The visuals during Eraser, Right Where It Belongs, and Beside You In Time were definitely the highlight for me. But it was also short as you noted. Assuming you're talking about the show at the Hollywood Bowl, I heard from other people that apparently there's some sort of noise ordinance up there that forces all concerts to be done by 11pm. It seems we definitely got shorted a song or two in comparison to the setlists they've been playing in other cities.

Not sure if you're aware, but it looks like the drummer Jerome is out for the rest of the tour as well due to heart problems. Rumor is that Josh Freese from A Perfect Circle will be taking his place, but no one know for sure.
Old 10-04-05, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by LivingINClip
Tongue in cheek, comment by the press. Reznor has taken a lot of slack for havin' the average "tortured soul" lyrics for each album. Stuff that you'd expect teenagers to write ..on his message board.
sigh.

EVERYONE knows that he gets his lyrics from the Linkin Park message board..

jeez..
Old 10-04-05, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by SomeVoices
Yep, it was a great show. The visuals during Eraser, Right Where It Belongs, and Beside You In Time were definitely the highlight for me. But it was also short as you noted. Assuming you're talking about the show at the Hollywood Bowl, I heard from other people that apparently there's some sort of noise ordinance up there that forces all concerts to be done by 11pm. It seems we definitely got shorted a song or two in comparison to the setlists they've been playing in other cities.

Not sure if you're aware, but it looks like the drummer Jerome is out for the rest of the tour as well due to heart problems. Rumor is that Josh Freese from A Perfect Circle will be taking his place, but no one know for sure.

thats too bad we got shorted a song. They did play for a rather long time though. I hope Jerome is ok. Do you know who played drums at the hollywood bowl show?
Old 10-05-05, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 219 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by whynotsmile
Queens rocked it as usual. I've seen em twice before but they really mixed up their setlist this time. It was great. Josh was funny as usual. He pointed to some dude in the audience and started ripping on him, saying "i've bet he's seen more dick ends than weekends"They were on for an hour. Deffinitly glad they played SONG FOR THE DEAD.
I thought it was funny the first time I heard about it, but apparently he has been doing it at every show. It becomes a little less funny when you realize it's just part of it.

thats too bad we got shorted a song. They did play for a rather long time though. I hope Jerome is ok. Do you know who played drums at the hollywood bowl show?
Jerome did, actually.

I'll be seeing them in about 12 hrs, so I'll see how things go myself.
Old 10-05-05, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I saw the Bowl show as well. I was a little disappointed there wasn't more off 'The Fragile' as well. I think his current album is his weakest, so I could have done with fewer songs off this album and more off the last few, but that's not going to happen. That being said, the show still rocked. It was great to hear "Head Like A Hole", the song that started it all.

I was towards the rear of the venue and there was a bit of a sound delay, so the video was a second ahead of the sound for us, which was a bit distracting. Trent has certainly mellowed a bit with a lot of his newer stuff, but he still goes apeshit when performing the hard stuff. Great show.
Old 10-05-05, 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by mndtrp

Jerome did, actually.

Yeah, and I was really surprised when I saw him playing too. I had just heard that day that he had gone into the hospital for a second time and was worried that show would be postponed or even cancelled, this coming after I had been to the San Diego show which they had to stop halfway through the set because he was having chest pains. It's really a shame that he has to stop playing on the tour. I loved seeing him on the club leg of the tour when he came out and played Karma Police with the Dresden Dolls before NIN went on.
Old 10-05-05, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I am eagerly awaiting this show on Sunday!!

Funny ticketmaster.com story-

I went to get GA tix the day it went on sale. Unfortunately at 10:02am, they were all gone. So fast forward 4 weeks. I just randomly checked again and there were 4 tickets remaining. Now THAT is a sign it's gonna be a hell of a show.
Old 10-05-05, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by paulringodaman
I am eagerly awaiting this show on Sunday!!

Funny ticketmaster.com story-

I went to get GA tix the day it went on sale. Unfortunately at 10:02am, they were all gone. So fast forward 4 weeks. I just randomly checked again and there were 4 tickets remaining. Now THAT is a sign it's gonna be a hell of a show.
Ticketmaster will usually release batches of tickets close to the concert date, as "reserved" batches of tickets aren't sold through private resources, they get dumped back into the public coffers.

But if you ever need tix, go to craigslist or ebay, you can usually get face value tickets for pretty good seats.
Old 11-20-05, 10:43 AM

Pretty Hate Machine Re-Release (nothing special)

from chartattack.com

Pretty Hate Machine has long been out of print since it's release in 1989 because of financial troubles with the band's old label, TVT Records. Then Rykodisc bought the rights off TVT and the label approached Reznor to create a deluxe edition of the reissue. However, Reznor recently told the Toronto Sun Ryko isn't satisfying him as far as money goes.

"I'll do the extra songs. I'll redo the packaging. Everything. But I'm not willing to do it for free," he says. "They're not willing to pay, so they put out whatever they put out. That's that."

The reissue of Pretty Hate Machine is set to hit shelves on November 22 and won't have any extras.
Old 11-20-05, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
What a great, great fucking show. First I have to give my kindest regards to Yvette from this board who gave away two tickets to me since she was sick. You made two of my friends very happy. Thanks again and I hope you get well soon.

As for the show, Autolux I thought was great. No one else did though. But fuck em.

Nin were amazing. What a force they were. They sounded fantastic live, especially Trent's voice. Sadly they seemed to avoid playing much off THE FRAGILE. No starfuckers, were in this together now or into the void. But the rest of the set was composed of their big stuff with a lot of smaller, more intimate songs the casual NIN fan like me didn't know. I love hearing a song live for the first time. the visuals were phenominal. They were a work of art, period. And that slik screen projected video thing worked great. The guitarist went rather nuts at the end and started smashing his guitar over the keyboard and drum set. They ended rather abruptly and that was that. No encore. Sorta suprised by that, but then when I saw that they were on for almost 2 hours I guess they fit in all the songs.

Damm! Our show down here was cancelled because Hurricane Wilma decided to play instead. And from the looks of it, they are not planning to reschedule.
Old 11-22-05, 01:38 AM
Cool New Member

NIN will be touring North America again January-March timeframe, according to the super-secret exclusive members-only deluxe special Spiral fan club chat with Trent the other day.
Old 12-04-05, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The beginning of more dates are up, North American tour 2006:

http://www.nin.com/tour/index.html
Old 12-04-05, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

They play Toledo before Columbus, go figure. Come on Mr. dark one, its not like we don't have two arenas to choose from.
Old 03-30-06, 04:07 PM

HALO 21: Every Day Is Exactly The Same EP

Amazon

Halo 21 is going to be released in the US on April 4th. Tracklisting is:
1. Every Day Is Exactly The Same
2. Hand That Feeds (Dfa Remix)
3. Hand That Feeds (Straight Mix)
4. Only (El-P Mix)
5. Only (Richard X Mix)
6. Every Day Is Exactly The Same (Sam Fog Vs Carlos D Of Interpol Remix)
Old 03-30-06, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Not sure how the show was, but I was just in Austin the night they played and found out the next afternoon. Grrrr!!!. Not a huge fan but I do like their live shows and their music.
Old 03-30-06, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by FrozenMetalHead
2. Hand That Feeds (Dfa Remix)
4. Only (El-P Mix)
I'm intrigued. Thanks for the heads-up.
Old 03-30-06, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by DJLinus
I'm intrigued. Thanks for the heads-up.
The DFA mix of 'The Hand That Feeds' is your very typical DFA mix. Which is either good or bad depending on your view. Personally, I got tired of them pretty quickly so I'm not such a big fan of this one.

The El-P mix of 'Only' is pretty good - downtempo, a totally different take on the song. The Richard-X mix is easilly the best of the bunch - it basically takes it to the dance floor and clubs it to death. Fantastic - one of my favorite tracks from last year.

Kinda disappointing that after tracking down those US 12" singles last year we get em all in one place. But I guess I'm used to that by now. Just wish they'd picked a better a-side...
Old 03-31-06, 12:44 AM

peaches is touring with them for the second half
Old 03-31-06, 04:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can't wait till May to order the pre-sale tix for the Irvine show. It'll be my 4th NIN show (MSG in 99, San Diego and Hollywood Bowl '05). Good to hear they are working on a new Live DVD recorded in true HD this time.
Old 03-31-06, 11:18 AM

Any way someone in the fan club could help me out with presale tickets for the Selma (San Antonio) show in June?
Old 04-02-06, 03:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Red Rocks will be a fantastic place to see these guys again.
Old 04-04-06, 03:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Flashback
Not sure how the show was, but I was just in Austin the night they played and found out the next afternoon. Grrrr!!!. Not a huge fan but I do like their live shows and their music.
I saw the show in Austin. It was awesome. Probably the second best concert I ever saw. The first would be when I saw them in Dallas for their Downward Spiral tour. Marilyn Manson and Jim Rose Circus Sideshow opened. That show blew my mind.

It's not that this show wasn't as good, it's just that I had no idea what to expect when I saw them the first time, so I just sat there in awe. There was just no way this show could have lived up to the other one.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.