Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Why was Rivero Suspended?? Because he doesn't like Star Wars...

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-04, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What I love about the DVDtalk forums is that for the most part it’s well balanced. What I’m saying is that if you go to another forum, say Theforce.net, you’ll only see people who LOVE Star Wars (FANBOYS). Same is true with any theme focused forum (superherohype.com)

Yet this from we all love the same thing movies, dvd’s, all sorts of media...but it’s a mix group with our tastes.

With saying that…I wonder why was Rivero suspended? Was it because Rivero dislike the changes to Star Wars that made him get suspended. Why shouldn’t people post there opinion regarding these films positive or negative. I see he posts in most of the Star Wars threads, yet other members also post positively or negatively in the same amounts of threads. Personal attacks aside…suspending someone who doesn’t like Star Wars just seems insane, however it isn’t hard to believe coming from DVDtalk.

I’m looking at this last post…Was it that he said Lucas blows? For God sakes we can use FUCK now on DVDtalk

I’m not friendly with Rivero but I just making a case out of this, because it seemed unfair.

PS: Thanks Groucho ...my copy and paste got screwed up some how.

Last edited by Get Me Coffee; 09-03-04 at 01:36 PM.
Old 09-03-04, 01:28 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Your apostrophes are fucked up, man.
Old 09-03-04, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I'd say his posts concerning Star Wars were more then just "not liking Star Wars." Many of his comments could be considered thread craps and off topic, as he seemed to voice his displeasure about the OT changes in any Star Wars thread, regardless of what the topic actually was.
Old 09-03-04, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by fumanstan
I'd say his posts concerning Star Wars were more then just "not liking Star Wars." Many of his comments could be considered thread craps and off topic, as he seemed to voice his displeasure about the OT changes in any Star Wars thread, regardless of what the topic actually was.
I didn't even know this happened but
And FYI, if you post around all the forums here like I do, his dislike of Star Wars is just the tip of the iceberg of his trolling. Honestly.
Old 09-03-04, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kal-El I looked over three pages and saw NO trolling.
Old 09-03-04, 02:13 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Why was Rivero Suspended?? Because he doesn't like Star Wars...

Originally posted by Get Me Coffee
Personal attacks aside…suspending someone who doesn’t like Star Wars just seems insane, however it isn’t hard to believe coming from DVDtalk.
So we're insane now? IS THAT WHAT YOU'RE SAYING?!?!?!?! COCONUT PAPER BANNA HAMMOCK! AAAAAAAAGHGHGHGHGHH!!!!!

To be serious, he was suspended because he keeps threadcrapping. Threadcrapping isn't discussion... it's annoying and is disruptive to real discussion. We didn't suspend him because likes or dislikes anything in particular.