Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

DeepDiscountDVD prices...drop or rise when released?

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-04, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it standard procedure for deepdiscountdvd to lower or raise their price on a DVD the week it's released? I remember a few times I preordered a DVD only to see the price change that first week of release, but I can't remember if the new price was better or worse.

I'm looking to get the Hithcock DVD set, but I'm wondering if I should wait until it's released.
Old 09-02-04, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Usually, the first week is a drop from their "normal selling price" due strictly to price matching major retailers websites (like Circuity City, Best Buy, etc) that undercut on the first week to drive sales.

The price returns to its normal price about a week later, and then eventually will drop again (most of the time) when the price gets adjusted through standard price drops (when item is no longer considered a "new release", which can be a few months or even years down the line).
Old 09-02-04, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If you really want to save some bucks on the box set, and have the patience to wait, the best thing to do would be to wait for the 20% Coupon sale that should be around Christmas.
Old 09-02-04, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

20% off sale?
Old 09-02-04, 09:42 AM

Last Christmas-time, DDD had a 20% off sale, people are assuming it'll happen again. I'm not banking on it.

The best thing to do for DDD is just wait until about Thursday for the best price if the pre-order price isn't stellar.
Old 09-02-04, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by JustinCleveland
Last Christmas-time, DDD had a 20% off sale, people are assuming it'll happen again. I'm not banking on it.

Actually, it happened over the Thanksgiving weekend last year, ending some time the following week. As I recall, it lasted about 6 days.
Old 09-02-04, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Remember that if you have a Best Buy near you, you can use their 20% off coupon which might be a good deal, depending on the normal price of the set.
Old 09-02-04, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, Amazon has the set for $5 less than DDD right now ($74.93 vs. $69.94), but I'm worried that the Amazon price will go up once it's released and that the DDD won't drop that $5.

The list price is $100, so I can't believe the BM BB would have the set for less than $80.