Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Hot Chick

Old 12-13-02, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Hot Chick

I saw this one tonight and I actually really liked it. It was really dumb humor like Deuce Bigalow, but it was really entertaining. Anyone else check this one out?

Also if you haven't seen the movie yet, please no posts about how it sucks because the preview was terrible.
Old 12-13-02, 10:06 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I haven't seen it, but I'm not going to . IMHO the only thing that brought my interest to this movie was the preview. I've never been a fan of Rob Schneider, but I though this one was very unique. It may just be a break for Schneider!!
Old 12-14-02, 12:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have seen it - it's a pretty funny movie. If you're one of them critical old people then don't watch it. If you're looking for fun in a movie, then definitely go see it.
Old 12-14-02, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I havn't watched it, but I'm sure I would give it a try when it comes to the rental world.

These movies are made for those who question their existance because they are low cost to the studio's and through it's theater run and video sales (not to mention international release) they make money for the studio's. and besides, they are decent as a popcorn flick.
Old 12-14-02, 02:39 AM
Banned

Boy this is the funniest movie of the last 5 years.
Rob Schneider deserves an Oscar nod for this truely original movie.

Rob Schneider is...the Stapler.

This goes on my top ten list with Sandlers Eight Crazy Nights.

Glad these guys are finally getting the movie roles they deserve.
Old 12-15-02, 02:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i dunno why, but the pillow fight almost made me choke on my gummi bears, i couldnt stop laughing
Old 12-15-02, 09:06 PM

I wish everyone would stop trashing schneider. He's not the best actor but he is definitely not the worst. This movie was very funny. If those mediocre movie fans would actually watch this movie and stop trashing it because its not Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings they might actually enjoy it.
Old 12-16-02, 01:02 AM
Banned

Well, it's not just a Schneider issue, its the movies he picks himself. He could be a little more picky with script choices.
Old 12-16-02, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Why be picky when his movies are perfectly fine? They've got good chuckles and some big laughs for those who like that kind of humor. If you're appauled by that kind of stuff, the movie wasn't even targeted towards you so you have nothing to complain about
Old 12-16-02, 01:36 AM

I don't think its so much being appalled by the kind of humor as it is just getting tired of the studios pumping out the same crap over and over. I mean think about it, the basic synopsis for all three of Schneider's last three films has been: unwilling person is thrust into awkward/strange situation and is forced to deal with it which of course leads to all kinds of funny hijinks, I mean its like "haha oh my I can't believe it hes a Gigolo, no wait hes an Animal, oh haha nows hes a girl that turned into a guy." Is it that hard to understand why some people find the lack of originality a little annoying, and don't try to use that petty "if you don't like it don't see it" crap on me, its not that I'm some kind of film snob that only likes a film if its B&W or has subtitles, I'm just a film fan that doesn't like to see the studios treat us like we're a bunch of idiots by rehashing the same concept on us time after time.
Old 12-16-02, 09:17 AM

I have yet to see a single funny Rob Shneider movie. I mean, what does this guy look out for in a script? How many minutes of toilet humor there will be? Most of the jokes I've seen in the trailers of this film kind of made me think this one would join his brothers in my unwanted list.

But I would not dare say that this film shouldn't exist. There must be a public for that kind of stuff. I'm just not part of that crowd.
Old 04-01-03, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: In my secret underground lair, plotting to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! Bwuaaahahahaha!!
I just saw this for .50 cents, and I found it to be extremely dumb...

But funny!
Old 04-02-03, 01:53 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think Deuce Bigalow was his best movie, all the others fall short.
Old 04-02-03, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's stupid but funny as hell.
Old 05-31-03, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just rented this tonight and it was hilarious. I think its the best Schneider movie yet (I liked it more than Deuce Bigalow). DVD has a ton of deleted scenes also.