Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

FF X music question

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-02, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FF X music question

Hi,
So I'm playing through FF X and I'm loving the music. Specifically one song that plays several times throughout the game. I think it plays in the snowy portions fo the game and when you're inside Mt. Gagazete(this one I'm sure of). Anyone know the title of this song? I wanna see if it's on the widely available soundtrack cd or if I'd have to get a different version of the soundtrack for it. Thanks
Old 02-10-02, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

When you get further in the game you can go back to Luca and buy the music in the theater so you can find out yourself.
Old 02-10-02, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well....I've downloaded all the songs from the game I could find and I looked thru my list to see what you might be talking about.

Does it start with a very heavy drum beat?
if so it's called People of the North Pole

All the ones I have came from here

I hope ya find the one ya want. I'm almost tempted to order the soundtrack but too cheap at the moment to do so.
Old 02-10-02, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I've seen the soundtrack for sale at a few game stores and I'm also tempted to pick it up. I loved the soundtrack for X almost as much as Chrono Cross.
Old 02-10-02, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

To clarify, the one I'm looking for is the one that is playing right before you face the
Spoiler:
sanctuary keeper of Mt. Gagazette. It also plays when Wakka, Tidus, and Rikku have to do those two games, the one where Wakka must hit the object with his ball and the one where you must press all three buttons at the same time
I've heard it at other times during the game but I'm not sure of the title. Thanks for the link to that site, I downloaded a few but none was the one I was looking for. Anyone know the title of the one I'm talking about? It's a slower, calmer, and almost somber sounding song.
Old 02-10-02, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hope ya find it soon. Can't for the life of me remember the music at that part of the game.

I too am thinking about buying this soundtrack. And I haven't bought a CD in about 2 years. After I posted in this thread last night I sopent the next hour or so listening to the MP3s I have. I was really worried about the soundtrack on this before it came out but it is something else.
Old 02-12-02, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I was randomly downloading tracks for the URL earlier in the thread and I found it! It's called Silence Before The Storm and is Track 4 on Disc 2. Thanks for the help guys!
Old 02-13-02, 03:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Glad you found it.

Now that I listen to it I realize how far off I was when I guessed.

Other World has to be my favorite just because it's SO unlike anything I've ever heard in a FF game before.