Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Oldboy UE

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-04, 09:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I said this in a previous post but the only subtitled extra (aside from the Korean-subbed Harry Knowles commentary ) is Park Chan-Wook's short film, Judgement. Everything is in Korean without either English or Korean subs.

DrGerbil, where did you see that? My copy doesn't have a number. Speaking of numbers. The owner of a place I buy movies said there were only 2000 copies made. I don't know but to me that seems a bit low. My estimate would be around 10K, but that's just my guess.
Old 11-30-04, 11:07 AM

Well Yesasia got me mine today, it wasnt well packed at all but got to me ok, but my card cases for the dvds have had stickers pulled off them or tape or something and theres some ripped off surface of the dvd holders so they have white patches where it ripped off the surface

and also the actual copper box stinks! and is greasy as hell, its oily and do not go toutching anything after you handle the box or it ruins things! not sure how the hell I am gonna get the grease off the bugger!

but everything else sees nice, the gift wrapped box with bow is georgous as well
Old 11-30-04, 12:27 PM

Well here is mine from yesasia.com, yes inside the movie's case is slightly damaged, but its overly overweighed by how nice it all is!, I love the little scene flip book, and the rest of the 35mm senitypes too. I am posting these images now, but ofcourse I can do requests too, so ask an i'll post. I havent watched the movie again yet, not enough time at the mo.

Old 11-30-04, 01:08 PM

Thanks - great images!

Any chance you could post a pic of the damage? I want to prepare myself
Old 11-30-04, 01:23 PM

Hhaah see the box as he did

wrapped!

not wrapped,

open etc...

bet you just wanted to go slow to delay the excitement

Wheres the number? I cannot see it on mine!
Old 11-30-04, 01:47 PM

Here is my number, located under the oldboy logo, look carefuly heh, I couldnt find it first!

The dame

The senitypes that made my day:-

I am so glad I bought, lets hope we dont hic-ups like this on our infernal affairs box sets!
Old 11-30-04, 01:51 PM

Screwed up on the last one by double clicking paste!, here is what I was meant to post!
Old 11-30-04, 01:57 PM
Cool New Member

hey Brian,
so only one of the Dvd cases (the one at the bottom by the rivets...containing the movie?) is damaged? or are any of the others messed up too?
Old 11-30-04, 02:01 PM

Only the one closest to the rivets was damaged, the rest are fine. I haven't seen any problems in the others
Old 11-30-04, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If that's the extent of the damage, I won't bother with replacments. For those interested, I believe this is limited to less than 2,800. The pics look great, but I wonder what the purpose of the grease is I see on the exterior of the copper case...
Old 11-30-04, 02:18 PM

Heh, thats what I thought, I thought the damage was going to be very intensive, anyway the little tear scrape thing makes it look more.. ahem Olboyish I'll have to justify it that way, or else I can imagine myself getting peeved.

Maybe the grease was to stop it from oxidising in storage?, now its in our posession, I can imagine it getting more hardcore bronze like.. maybe, I dunno.
Old 11-30-04, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow, thanks for the nice pics! I'm getting excited!

Of course, the case that is damaged is the one holding the movie.

:-/

Starmax should offer replacement covers. It's not like they have to replace the handmade copper case. Just run off another thousand movie covers and be done with it. The goodwill they'll earn from that act will totally offset any sour taste people have from the price. At least, it would for me.

I find it hard to believe that 2000 were made. If that were true I think this would've sold out way before the release date. But I guess we'll know if they're numbered.
Old 11-30-04, 02:19 PM

Wasn't this limited to something crazy like 2157??

I cannot wait to get mine, hoping it will arrive tomorrow
Old 11-30-04, 02:26 PM

The thing that annoys me is the simple solution to avoid this tearing of the cases, they could have placed the foam protection nearest to the rivets, and placed the dvds the other way around, this way they would have avoided the tearing, simple planning people!! anyhoo.. things done are done.
Old 11-30-04, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

2,754 is the number Starmax gives on their website.... that isn't many, but the set is expensive, so i'm sure not as many were sold as one would like to believe.
Old 11-30-04, 03:31 PM

Brain_F15ting
3 of my dvd cases are messed up like your, it isnt the rivits thats messed up 3 of mine, its some sort of tape! and its just ripped off the surface nasty.

and be carefull how you handle the metal case! I just ruined some paperwork it comes off on everything like chip fat! it makes paper see thruish and grey bugger, how the hell I am suposed to handle it os beyond me! as I will have to wash my hands evertime I put my hands on it.
Old 11-30-04, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I better have a towel ready, for when it arrives, i'll surely need it.
Old 11-30-04, 03:55 PM

Hahaha well I need it for my hands, you may need it for something else as you seem excited enuff
Old 11-30-04, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Romerojpg
Hahaha well I need it for my hands, you may need it for something else as you seem excited enuff
Yes, I need it to wipe the gunk off the case...
Old 12-01-04, 03:51 PM
Cool New Member

has anyone in the US recieved theirs? I ordered from Yesasia and it supposedly shipped last week but is still not here

anyone else?
Old 12-01-04, 05:04 PM
Cool New Member

Starmax has finally made an anouncement in regards to the damaged items in the UE package.
If you email them your details, and also note what was damaged, they will send out replacements to you. I beleive this is only for those inside Korea, so anyone outside Korea. should contact the online store they purchased from I guess.

This replacement program will run from 1/12 ~ 20/12 only.
Old 12-01-04, 05:11 PM

Korea only.... that's pretty bad to be honest as I can see at least 50% of these sets being sold outside of Korea....

Well, as I said, when mine arrives and any damage is done, YesAsia will receive an email from myself
Old 12-01-04, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Shintaro
This replacement program will run from 1/12 ~ 20/12 only.
Yes, I was expecting this today. For whatever reason, it didn't arrive. If my cases are damaged, I will immediately let yesasia know about it. I'm sure they can get a large shipment for all the customers with damaged cases.
Old 12-01-04, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't have this item or anything, so I'm posting just because I'm currious. What do they do when items that are individually numbered get damaged? If the part that the number is made into is damaged, do they send you out one exactly like that, or another one with a new number?

Do the replacements go towards the final number that was produced?
Old 12-01-04, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by BrentLumkin
What do they do when items that are individually numbered get damaged? If the part that the number is made into is damaged, do they send you out one exactly like that, or another one with a new number?

Do the replacements go towards the final number that was produced?
The numbering is on the copper case, not the damaged cases inside, so it's really irrelevant.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.