Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

MIRAGE - Szabolcs Hajdu's latest on DVD

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 08-14-15, 01:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mirage tells the story of an African football player living in a small Hungarian town who commits a crime and has to flee. He finds refuge in a farm in the middle of the Great Hungarian Plain. Soon he realizes that the farm is a modern-time slave camp where he is forced to fight for his freedom and ultimately his life.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...nkole-20140916

Hungarian DVD has 16/9 picture and English subtitles. (Don't expect Blu-ray release...) If having difficulty acquiring it, send me a PM, I'm on the "good trader" list.
Old 02-12-16, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thought about starting a new thread but also wanted to acknowledge this prior thread so it'll go here...

Another Hungarian movie that I've been curious to watch is LIZA, A ROKATUNDER (2015) aka LIZA THE FOX-FAIRY...seems to be a mix of Jean-Pierre Jeunet style and East Asian fox spirit folklore.

A Hungarian release came out a couple of months back, and it does seem to be English-friendly (though I am not confirming that 100% since I don't have the actual release)...seems to be three releases Blu-ray, 2-disc DVD, and single DVD.

And I did watch the subject of this thread DELIBAB and found it satisfying enough as a B-movie experience (not fresh enough in mind though to post in a more thoughtful manner about it however)...thanks to DVDTalker andrash for bringing the movie to my attention...I suspect I would not have heard of it otherwise.

Also should note that I don't know if DVDTalker andrash is still active here so no one should take this post as me volunteering his trading services in any way.
Old 02-21-16, 03:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: MIRAGE - Szabolcs Hajdu's latest on DVD

Yes, I'm still active (that is, I'm still trading Hungarian discs to US/UK dvds). LIZA most definitely has English subtitles (including for the Japanese dialogue). Single-DVD release is English subbed too.