Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Sony 2 DVD sets with free movie ticket at Wal-Mart for $13.72! Some great deals!!!

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Sony 2 DVD sets with free movie ticket at Wal-Mart for $13.72! Some great deals!!!

Old 09-04-07, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Wal-Mart has a huge RESIDENT EVIL display. With this display were a bunch of Sony 2 DVD sets {using a "Midnite Movies"-ish banner "Dreadtime Stories"} that come with a free movie ticket to see RESIDENT EVIL: EXTINCTION all for $13.72. I thought there were some good deals here.

All movies are anamorphic widescreen unless otherwise noted.

2 DVD sets with free movie ticket for $13.72
Resident Evil / Resident Evil: Apocalypse
Silent Hill / The Dark
The Woods / The Craft
Candyman / Pumpkinhead: Ashes to Ashes
Hollow Man / Flatliners
Starship Troopers 2 / The Cavern
Ring Around the Rosie / Death Tunnel
The Marsh / Bats
Decoys / Decoys: The Second Seduction
Candy Stripers / She Creature

2 DVD sets for $13.72 but NO free movie ticket
The Grudge [Unrated Director's Cut] / The Grudge 2 [Unrated Director's Cut]
When a Stranger Calls / Glass House: The Good Mother
The Fog [fool screen PG13 version] / The Boogeyman [widescreen] - - > This was the only set with a fool screen version of a film.
Old 09-04-07, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also saw a set with The Protector/Born To Fight at the same price, not Sony, but still a pretty smokin' deal.
Old 09-04-07, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts
I'll add this to the movie cash thread tomorrow.
Old 09-04-07, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Do you remember the details for the ticket? How much is it good for (7.50, 10.50)? When does it expire?

Seems like a pretty good deal!

Also, are these normal dvd-cases that are shrink-wrapped together? Or are they single case releases (containing 2 discs)?
Old 09-04-07, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Peep
Do you remember the details for the ticket? How much is it good for (7.50, 10.50)? When does it expire?

Also, are these normal dvd-cases that are shrink-wrapped together? Or are they single case releases (containing 2 discs)?
the former.
Old 09-04-07, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

They are single case releases containing 2 DVDs. The ticket is worth $10.50.
Old 09-04-07, 11:12 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 670 Likes on 448 Posts
Tickets are Hollywood Movie Money, expire 10/20/07, worth up to $10.50.

On a related note, Best Buy has a killer deal on the new Resident Evil double pack. For $14.99 you get the two older movies on 1 disc, a disc of special features, a third disc exclusive to BB, this movie voucher, and also exclusive to BB $5 concession cash.
Old 09-05-07, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by mrpeavey
They are single case releases containing 2 DVDs. The ticket is worth $10.50.
So, which is it? One keep-case or two?
Old 09-05-07, 06:09 AM

So, which is it? One keep-case or two?
One keepcase, with one of those tabbed extra disc holders in the middle.

I believe they are the same exact discs that come in the individual releases. Special features seem the same, disc art, etc.
Old 09-05-07, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So the Best Buy 2 disc contains all the special features of the individual RE 2 disc releases?

Well if I remember correctly RE had a special edition and delux edition, bith one disc. I think the features were carried over for the delux edition. REA had a 2 disc.

Basicly, I'm interested in this set, just want to know how much, if any special features will be lost.

Last edited by ScissorPuppy; 09-05-07 at 07:04 AM.
Old 09-05-07, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by ScissorPuppy
So the Best Buy 2 disc contains all the special features of the individual RE 2 disc releases?

Well if I remember correctly RE had a special edition and delux edition, bith one disc. I think the features were carried over for the delux edition. REA had a 2 disc.

Basicly, I'm interested in this set, just want to know how much, if any special features will be lost.
There are a couple separate threads specifically about this RE release. We probably shouldn't clutter this thread with RE questions. Check the main forum and the bargain forum for RE threads.

Not trying to not help you, just trying to keep things in the right threads.
Old 09-05-07, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Trevor
There are a couple separate threads specifically about this RE release. We probably shouldn't clutter this thread with RE questions. Check the main forum and the bargain forum for RE threads.

Not trying to not help you, just trying to keep things in the right threads.
No problem posting it there, I just was replying to the two posts you previously posted about the RE release in this thread.
Old 09-05-07, 08:37 AM

No problem posting it there, I just was replying to the two posts you previously posted about the RE release in this thread.
Doh! Yeah, I mentioned it since it is part of this Sony sale, but had other extras as well, and then answered a question. And now I'm "cluttering" the thread even more.

The forum is short on mods lately, so I'm trying to be a good veteran and help keep things tidy. But maybe I'm being a jerk? Sorry.

We should probably have no more than 1 thread per title per forum. Like one thread in Bargains for "all Resident Evil bargains/exclusives" and one thread in DVD Talk for general talk of the release.

Back on topic, I think I'll end up picking up almost all of these titles at WM. They work out to about $3.50 each for two movies/DVDs after you factor in the moviecash, and I'm a sucker for horror. Even if I end up selling or trading them all, it's a cheap rental.
Old 09-05-07, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The forum is short on mods lately, so I'm trying to be a good veteran and help keep things tidy. But maybe I'm being a jerk? Sorry.

No jerkiness taken, I just wanted to explain why I posted that. It's good to have someone remind people to stay on topic, message boards would be one long mess without it.

On topic- I agree, you can't miss with some of these titles. I'll be going to wal-mart later today.
Old 09-05-07, 10:42 AM

No jerkiness taken, I just wanted to explain why I posted that. It's good to have someone remind people to stay on topic, message boards would be one long mess without it.

On topic- I agree, you can't miss with some of these titles. I'll be going to wal-mart later today.
I was pretty sure we were cool, but just wanted to get a public apology of sorts out there.

I wonder if some of the titles without the free ticket stickers might still have the movie $ inside? They all look like they "should" be part of the promotion, but one or two of the titles don't have the stickers. Anyone chance it yet?
Old 09-05-07, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

One keepcase, with one of those tabbed extra disc holders in the middle.

I believe they are the same exact discs that come in the individual releases. Special features seem the same, disc art, etc.
Thanks!
Old 09-05-07, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I might be in for that Grudge set
Old 09-06-07, 12:04 PM

2 DVD sets for $13.72 but NO free movie ticket
The Grudge [Unrated Director's Cut] / The Grudge 2 [Unrated Director's Cut]
When a Stranger Calls / Glass House: The Good Mother
The Fog [fool screen PG13 version] / The Boogeyman [widescreen] - - > This was the only set with a fool screen version of a film.[/QUOTE]

Has anyone confirmed for sure whether or not these DVD's have the movie cash? The display looks as if all of these 2 DVD sets should have the movie cash even though the sticket isn't on the package for these titles.
Old 09-06-07, 02:16 PM

I'd be interested in The Fog/Boogeyman, but I'd like to know if it comes with the free ticket.
Old 09-06-07, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by zombeaner
I also saw a set with The Protector/Born To Fight at the same price, not Sony, but still a pretty smokin' deal.
I found this at my local Walmart and was able to use the Dragon Dynasty $3 off coupon on it even though it had expired.
Old 09-07-07, 02:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,847 Posts
Saw this display the other day.

I was sort of tempted by the Grudge set, but the neon-orange "Deadtime Stories" banner on the package really turned me off.

I dunno... I might pick it up later.
Old 09-08-07, 08:02 PM
Zbu

Originally Posted by jonboy71
Has anyone confirmed for sure whether or not these DVD's have the movie cash? The display looks as if all of these 2 DVD sets should have the movie cash even though the sticket isn't on the package for these titles.
I got the Grudge/Grudge 2 set and no Moviecash. The stickers on the front of the discs may be right, excluding the occasional mistake. Also, it seems that Wal-Mart got The Protector/Born To Fight sets earlier than most (Best Buy ws reading it as being released on 9/18). Sadly, I haven't seen with the other Dragon Dynasty two-pack, the two Police Story flicks.
Old 09-09-07, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man

I was sort of tempted by the Grudge set, but the neon-orange "Deadtime Stories" banner on the package really turned me off.

I kinda like the banner - It goes well with my Midnite Movies double feature titles.
Old 09-09-07, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man

Ditto. This is future dump bin material, hideous packaging.
Old 09-09-07, 11:33 PM
Zbu

I'm kinda hoping that these go on sale when the new RE comes out. $10 wouldn't be such a bad thing, but $14 for each one? Mebbe.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.