|Release List||Reviews||Shop||Join||News||DVD Giveaways||Video Games||Advertise|
|DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search||Buy Stuff Here|
|DVD TALK FORUM RULES|
Membership to DVD Talk is predicated on your adherence to the rules and policies detailed below. Failure to abide by these rules will result in the closure of your forum account and an end to your Membership on the site.
In compliance with The Children's Online Privacy Protection, you MUST be over the age of 13 to register for Membership in the DVD Talk forum.
Considering the real-time nature of this bulletin board, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the contents of and are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of DVD Talk or any entity associated with DVD Talk. Any information contained in this forum is delivered "as-is" without any form of warranty expressed or implied. Any use of the information contained within is solely at your own risk.
Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the "Report This Post" feature, the icon in the corner of all posts but your own. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.
Although DVD Talk does not and cannot review the messages posted and is not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we at DVD Talk reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless DVD Talk, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). We at DVD Talk reserve the right to revoke your membership to the DVD Talk forum or disable your posting ability for any or no reason whatsoever.
YOUR MEMBERSHIP TO THE DVD TALK FORUM IS ALSO PREDICATED ON YOUR ADHERENCE TO THESE RULES. If you violate any of these rules your account will be suspended and you may be permanently banned from membership at our discretion:
• Posting of personal attacks against another member, moderator or administrator in the forum.
• Posting of any form of advertising including: URL's with affiliate codes, referrer tags, tracking numbers or anything which actively promotes a site or company. Paid advertisers are obviously excluded from this rule.
• Spam or promotion of your personal site for advertising purposes.
• Signatures with links containing content deemed competitive with DVD Talk are not permitted. Links are subject to removal at moderators' discretion.
• Using the addresses of any member on the forum for any other purpose than 1-1 personal communication. Any mailing in bulk to the forum Members (outside of official DVD Talk communication) or any unsolicited e-mail to members will result in immediate suspension of your membership.
• Posting links or promotions for affiliate or rebate sites: including e*b*a*t*e*s, f*a*t*w*a*l*l*e*t.com/.net, m*r*r*e*b*a*t*e*s.com, c*a*s*h*b*a*q.com, and other DVD coupon sites.
• Attempting to get around the forum censor by modifying the wording (as shown above).
• Posting a coupon or promotion for a company you work for under the guise that you are a consumer.
• Posting shopping experiences for a company you work for under the guise that you are a consumer.
• Creating an account for the purpose of representing yourself as another person, company or entity.
• Registering more than one account. If you share a connection, please contact a moderator/administrator before signing up another account or BOTH will be terminated. NOTE: If you sign up a new account during a suspension you will be banned and not allowed to sign up for an account again.
• Use of a false, invalid or "one-time" e-mail address.
• Promoting links to an eBay auction or other auction site (this is considered advertising).
• Posting Information on how to defraud any company or promotion of any kind of illegal or unethical activity.
• Anything aimed at defrauding or taking advantage of another company, exploiting flaws or weaknesses in their systems or sites.
• Posting requests for copies of copyrighted material, or "how-to-get/make bootleg material" (including ripping) instructions.
• Anything that violates the trademark or copyright of another company including anything that may violate the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
• Posting links or information about where to purchase or sell drugs, guns or ammunition.
• Padding your post count with one line posts or other attempts at flooding the forum with posts.
• Posting personal information (full name, street address, etc of another member or non-member without their consent).
• Anything that could interfere with the viewing of the forum by other members - including any Java or Java script, MARQUEE or other page altering tags.
• Signature lengths greater than five (5) lines. As a courtesy to fellow users utilizing low screen resolutions and/or slow Internet connection speeds, those users who append signatures to their forum posts must keep the total length of their signature to a length of five lines or less.
• Posting any profanity (harsh or mild) in the TOPIC/SUBJECT of your post.
• Using DVD Talk Forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.
• Posting any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you.
• Posting complete nonsense, gibberish or using the forum to play posting games.
• Attempting "forum domination". This includes creating new threads in a forum when a large number of yours are still on the first page of that forum as well as responding to so many threads in a forum that it becomes obvious that your primary purpose is to have your name appear as the last poster. This number can vary by forum and moderators will determine the appropriate numbers for those forums.
• Continued posting in a manner that antagonizes other members such as trolling, making posts difficult to read or comprehend, repetitively posting the same thing, or posting in a style that lowers the overall quality of the forum. This determination will be made on a case-by-case basis by the moderators and administrators.
• Moderators reserve the right to remove any posts, signatures, or avatars that violate forum rules, that may antagonize other members, or for any other reason they deem appropriate.
• Taking moderation in your own hands. If you see something posted that you think needs moderating attention please use the "Report This Post" feature, the icon in the corner of all posts but your own, to bring it to a moderator's attention.
• Attacking or harassing any moderator or administrator on the forum or via email.
• Ignoring or arguing with warning posts a moderator or administrator makes in a thread. If you think the warning is unjust please email them or another moderator to discuss it.
• No threads of an explicit sexual nature.
• No nude or explicit, sexually-suggestive pictures, no links to nude pictures, no links to sites primarily having a sexual theme (excluding XCritic.com in general, however don't link to specific threads, forums, or anything else there).
• No pictures that a member could reasonably be called on to explain if overseen in the office by a co-worker or boss or in the home by a spouse. We're not assuming that the member works in the Vatican nor, on the other extreme, are we assuming the member is married to a porn star. If the picture is "iffy", link it with a NSFW notation.
Each forum area of DVD Talk may have additional rules that need to be followed for that specific area. These will be found in a sticky thread at the top of that forum and should be labeled such that is easy to tell it is a rules thread.
DVD Talk has a zero tolerance policy for personal attacks. Posting something to the DVD Talk forum which personally attacks another forum member or contains profanity or any type of racial or ethnic slur may result in immediate suspension of your user account
If you post advertising or promotions for your company or a company you work for or pose as a consumer discussing your product you will be charged for advertising on DVD Talk and hereby agree to pay in full and advertising fee for your posts up to $5,000.