Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews


Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -


Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-19-17, 04:01 PM   #51
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 32,875
Re: Bill O'Reilly - Exiting Fox News

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryD View Post
I wonder if Slop thinks Clinton accusers are lying too?
No, I actually know for a fact that at least one of them most certainly was not lying; mutual acquaintances and all. Though Clinton's accusers were, for the most part, consensual, and he certainly didn't beat any of them.
__________________
Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's going to die, come watch TV.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-17, 04:11 PM   #52
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 32,875
Re: Bill O'Reilly - Exiting Fox News

Oh, and I love how the deflections have already started, not just on twitter, but seemingly here too with "but but but Bill Clinton...!"
Fucking pathetic. Predictable though.
__________________
Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's going to die, come watch TV.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-17, 04:15 PM   #53
DVD Talk Hero
 
DVD Polizei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 49,553
Re: Bill O'Reilly - Exiting Fox News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibiana View Post
Who the fuck watches Fox News??
Not sure what you've been told, but just most American cable news network viewers watch Fox News. I'm pretty sure their viewership will drop due to the relentless MSNBC-ish performances and the loss of Bill O'Reilly. But still, Fox News had a lot of following. Of course, I won't expect Liberals to admit they watch Fox News, but I watch CNN. It's gotten worse, just like most news networks.

The biggest celebration, at least from me, is Dennis Miller not being around as much. I swear he's drunk half the time when he's on Bill O'Reilly.
__________________
Blu-ray Titles: ~1,050 | HD DVD Titles: ~323

"I don't sell airplane parts. I've never sold airplane parts."
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-17, 04:18 PM   #54
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Jaymole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: N.Y, N.Y
Posts: 8,737
Re: Bill O'Reilly - Exiting Fox News

He is a despicable human being, much like Trump, so nice to see he is getting his comeuppance. i just hope the same fate awaits Trump one day.
__________________
Feast Your Eyes, Glut Your Soul on My Accursed Ugliness!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-17, 04:29 PM   #55
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Posts: 29,658
Re: Bill O'Reilly - Exiting Fox News

Well, the new lineup is set.

Tucker at 7:00 (Central), The Five at 8:00 and Hannity at 9:00.

So they solved the question of Bolling, Perrino or Gutfeld by picking - all of them plus a little more.

http://host.madison.com/news/nationa...31AE2F0821921B

Edit: Check that. Bolling is not moving with The Five. He is developing a new show for the old time slot of The Five. He says it will probably start on May 1.

Jesse Watters will be the new regular on The Five.
__________________
-
"[It is an] absurd notion that Hillary is more legitimate because she won a game that neither candidate was playing. Both sides campaigned, strategized, and spent money to win not a popular-vote plurality but 270 electoral votes...

"We donít know who would have won the 2016... presidential race if the president was elected by popular vote because the race would have been run completely differently."

- David French

Last edited by movielib; 04-19-17 at 04:57 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-17, 05:21 PM   #56
DVD Talk Legend
 
Sean O'Hara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vichy America
Posts: 13,360
Re: Bill O'Reilly - Exiting Fox News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial View Post
Just ask any dude in college who has had their life ruined with a false rape accusation.
Yeah, bro, if she didn't wanna have sex with you, why'd she pass out in your dorm, amirite?
__________________
Goodnight, everyone. Tomorrow will be worse.
Blog
Twitter
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-17, 06:15 PM   #57
DVD Talk Legend
 
creekdipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,836
Re: Bill O'Reilly - Exiting Fox News

Quote:
Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
No, I actually know for a fact that at least one of them most certainly was not lying; mutual acquaintances and all. Though Clinton's accusers were, for the most part, consensual, and he certainly didn't beat any of them.
Clinton's allegations of assault do not have any bearing on the O'Reilly allegations.

Nonetheless, it is disturbing to see the allegations of non-consent from Paula Jones, Kathleen Willey, and Juanita Broderick seemingly dismissed by the "for the most part, consensual" remark. Clinton has only admitted to consensual adultery with two other women, so that means that 3/5 of the accusations were for non-consensual aggressions.

Even one case of groping, exposure, etc. is one too many regardless of the identity of the perpetrator. I'm sure that you would agree with that, slop.

It is interesting that Fox stood by O'Reilly & payouts until advertisers started bailing. That was the kiss of death.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-17, 06:25 PM   #58
DVD Talk Legend
 
Bronkster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: AnaheimLand, SoCal
Posts: 11,493
Re: Bill O'Reilly - Exiting Fox News

Enjoy that vacation, douchebag!
__________________
This signature is brought to you by whichever advertiser is currently abusing the page.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-17, 06:38 PM   #59
DVD Talk Legend
 
creekdipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,836
Re: Bill O'Reilly - Exiting Fox News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronkster View Post
Enjoy that vacation, douchebag!
Wonder how this will affect the Miller/O'Reilly/Watters comedy tours? Just Googled, and they still have dates in June, September, and December announced.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-17, 07:02 PM   #60
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ~here there be serpents~
Posts: 8,367
Re: Bill O'Reilly - Exiting Fox News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Bluelitespecial is a ray of sunshine in this otherwise depressing thread.
He really puts the "special" in Bluelitespecial...
__________________
"Cultshock... may your corpse be turned into a side show act for the curious and twisted." -Gandhi (banned DVDTalk member, not the Mahatma). I'm not sure, but I think he was hitting on me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-17, 07:06 PM   #61
DVD Talk Legend
 
Troy Stiffler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Under an I-10 Overpass
Posts: 18,329
Re: Bill O'Reilly - Exiting Fox News

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekdipper View Post
Wonder how this will affect the Miller/O'Reilly/Watters comedy tours? Just Googled, and they still have dates in June, September, and December announced.
Do his viewers even care he's a pervert? It didn't hurt Trump.
__________________
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-17, 07:06 PM   #62
DVD Talk Legend
 
Norm de Plume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,119
Re: Bill O'Reilly - Exiting Fox News

An ignominious way to go, but the glib, overweening asshole has tens - if not hundreds - of millions with which to console himself.
__________________
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." -Winston Churchill
"The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least." -Unknown
"I like you just the way you are." -Fred Rogers
"Another day, another dolour." -Me
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-17, 07:12 PM   #63
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,752
Re: Bill O'Reilly - Exiting Fox News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler View Post
Do his viewers even care he's a pervert?
No, but the wealthy corporations do. They're the only people who have "voices" worth listening to.
__________________
Wii U / 3DS Network ID: eric.n128
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-17, 07:19 PM   #64
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 32,875
Re: Bill O'Reilly - Exiting Fox News

__________________
Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's going to die, come watch TV.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-17, 07:23 PM   #65
DVD Talk Hero
 
DVD Polizei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 49,553
Re: Bill O'Reilly - Exiting Fox News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler View Post
Do his viewers even care he's a pervert? It didn't hurt Trump.
It didn't hurt Trump because...now sit down...the accusations were false.

You continue to accuse somebody of something that has never been proven.

With Bill O'Reilly, the facts were everywhere. The witnesses...were real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler View Post
It didn't hurt Trump.
It didn't hurt Hillary Clinton when her supporters knew she was a person who violated several federal laws, smuggled funds through her special helpy-help organization, etc.

People like you didn't care.

So, what's your point. That people get away with breaking the law and people still support that person? Of course.

Tell us something we don't know.

The reason why people like Bill O'Reilly get away with the things they do, is because they have others in powerful positions who protect them. And Hillary had those who protected her as well. Trump isn't necessarily protected per se as he has Republicans and Democrats alike who want to see him fail (as well as impeached).

Oh, I forgot.

#ButHillary
#ButtRump
#ButBill

On a side note, I can't stand Jesse Watters.
__________________
Blu-ray Titles: ~1,050 | HD DVD Titles: ~323

"I don't sell airplane parts. I've never sold airplane parts."

Last edited by DVD Polizei; 04-19-17 at 07:31 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-17, 07:36 PM   #66
DVD Talk Hero
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 35,715
Re: Bill O'Reilly - Exiting Fox News

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
It didn't hurt Trump because...now sit down...the accusations were false.
Well sure. Just look at the pathetic lair who made up the allegations in the first place :

__________________
Xbox Live: Decker 01........... My 360's Blog
PSN Gamertag : Decker01

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-17, 07:41 PM   #67
DVD Talk Legend
 
Why So Blu?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 23,503
Re: Bill O'Reilly - Exiting Fox News

Quote:
It didn't hurt Hillary Clinton when her supporters knew she was a person who violated several federal laws, smuggled funds through her special helpy-help organization, etc.
Was that proven? You sure?

  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-17, 07:42 PM   #68
DVD Talk Legend
 
Troy Stiffler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Under an I-10 Overpass
Posts: 18,329
Re: Bill O'Reilly - Exiting Fox News

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
It didn't hurt Trump because...now sit down...the accusations were false.
I purposely called him a pervert, not a predator. His hot mic confessions (that'd make a good Cinemax show) are very real. Also, the accusations are unproven, not false.

Quote:
You continue to accuse somebody of something that has never been proven.
That's a bit much. I think the last time I brought up the pedophilia case and Ivanka's claim that he beat and raped her, was during the October or November debates.

On that note, I'm glad to know someone reads my posts! Sometimes I think I post on here and nobody reads what I say. I love you too, man. I know what it's like. I like Adam Sander movies the way you like Donald Trump. It's hard for us guys, you know.
__________________
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-17, 07:47 PM   #69
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Rosemount, MN
Posts: 24,124
Re: Bill O'Reilly - Exiting Fox News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post
Was that proven? You sure?

"Proof" is if you really really don't like Clinton.

Meanwhile, Trump brags into a hot mic about grabbing pussies and kissing women without consent and it's just boys will be boys.
__________________
Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow. - Men in Black
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-17, 07:50 PM   #70
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Posts: 29,658
Re: Bill O'Reilly - Exiting Fox News

The O'Reilly Factor is running now and it's being called "the FACTOR." Also gone is the yellow "20" that has been part of the caption since O'Reilly hit 20 years with Fox.

I can only imagine people like Krauthammer thinking "thank goodness I don't have to appear on that jackass's show any more." In fact I would think all sorts of quiet, little celebrations (some maybe of only one person) are going on today at Fox by people both in front of and behind the cameras.

This is a true "ding dong the witch is dead" moment.
__________________
-
"[It is an] absurd notion that Hillary is more legitimate because she won a game that neither candidate was playing. Both sides campaigned, strategized, and spent money to win not a popular-vote plurality but 270 electoral votes...

"We donít know who would have won the 2016... presidential race if the president was elected by popular vote because the race would have been run completely differently."

- David French
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-17, 07:51 PM   #71
DVD Talk Legend
 
Bronkster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: AnaheimLand, SoCal
Posts: 11,493
Re: Bill O'Reilly - Exiting Fox News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler View Post
On that note, I'm glad to know someone reads my posts! Sometimes I think I post on here and nobody reads what I say. I love you too, man. I know what it's like. I like Adam Sander movies the way you like Donald Trump. It's hard for us guys, you know.
That's it - I ain't readin' your shit no more.
__________________
This signature is brought to you by whichever advertiser is currently abusing the page.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-17, 07:54 PM   #72
DVD Talk Legend
 
Why So Blu?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 23,503
Re: Bill O'Reilly - Exiting Fox News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven View Post
"Proof" is if you really really don't like Clinton.

Meanwhile, Trump brags into a hot mic about grabbing pussies and kissing women without consent and it's just boys will be boys.


Pretty much.


#pizzagate
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-17, 07:54 PM   #73
DVD Talk Legend
 
Nick Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 19,135
Re: Bill O'Reilly - Exiting Fox News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven View Post
"Proof" is if you really really don't like Clinton.

Meanwhile, Trump brags into a hot mic about grabbing pussies and kissing women without consent and it's just boys will be boys.
Given the choice of telling a boring truth and an exciting lie, Trump will go with the lie. The "locker room talk" defense isn't bad.

Trump has done a lot of dreadful things, but people prefer to go back to his anecdote on an open mike.
__________________
Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler: Nick is the coolest!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-17, 08:01 PM   #74
DVD Talk Legend
 
Troy Stiffler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Under an I-10 Overpass
Posts: 18,329
Re: Bill O'Reilly - Exiting Fox News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronkster View Post
That's it - I ain't readin' your shit no more.
I've watched You Don't Mess With the Zohan at least 30 times. And *gulp, holds back tears* I don't care who knows it.
__________________
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-17, 08:14 PM   #75
DVD Talk Legend
 
Bronkster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: AnaheimLand, SoCal
Posts: 11,493
Re: Bill O'Reilly - Exiting Fox News

__________________
This signature is brought to you by whichever advertiser is currently abusing the page.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:37 PM.


Copyright 2011 DVDTalk.com All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0