Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Old 03-10-17, 02:30 AM   #51
I am not grundle

Re: DVD Polizei's International Woman's Day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxfisher View Post
To me, its seems like there's a growing movement of conservatives who, when a group says they feel marginalized or persecuted, respond with 'Fuck you, you're just stupid and by the way, here are a handful of examples of people in your group who I think are real shitheels.' Observing this phenomenon over the past year has driven me to the left faster and further than anything else I can recall. I know there are still a lot of good, decent conservatives out there as I have a lot of friends and family who fall into that category. But the most vocal members, those who seems to be steering the Republican party, frequently come off as such cartoonish assholes that it sometimes feels like a parody.
I just think these protestors need to find better leaders and role models than people who are convicted murderers, or who want to adopt a policy (Sharia law) in the U.S. that is completely against the women's rights that these protestors claim to be fighting for.

Seriously, an advocate of adopting Sharia law in the U.S. as a leader and role model in the women's rights movement? Don't you realize how irrational that is?

And since when does someone have to a be conservative to think that skipping school, and standing in the street in front of traffic, are bad ideas?
Old 03-10-17, 02:45 AM   #52
I am not grundle

Some people are claiming that women get paid 77 cents on the dollar for doing "the exact same work" as a man.

Others are responding to this claim by saying that it's not "the exact same work," and that you if adjust for education, occupation, experience, and hours worked per week, then women and men are paid the same.

To those who think that women really do get paid 77 cents on the dollar for doing "the exact same work" as a man, I have two questions:

1) Why haven't greedy employers fired all of their higher paid male workers and replaced them with lower paid female workers?

2) Why didn't President Obama enforce the Equal Pay Act, which was signed by President Kennedy in 1963, and which bans employers from paying women less than men for doing the same work?
Old 03-10-17, 12:51 PM   #53
DVD Talk Hero

Very good points. And you've only made 6 posts. That's rather amazing. Keep it up.

"I don't sell airplane parts. I've never sold airplane parts."
Old 03-10-17, 12:52 PM   #54
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

You have to add these 6 to his old total.
Old 03-10-17, 12:59 PM   #55
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Sturgess View Post
I just think these protestors need to find better leaders and role models than people who are convicted murderers, or who want to adopt a policy (Sharia law) in the U.S. that is completely against the women's rights that these protestors claim to be fighting for.
Oh please, they could find the most perfect person to lead them and protest in the most perfect way (whatever that is) and people will still shit on it.

It's all about one group holding on to power by maintaining the status quo and dictating to everyone how things should be.

- Machiavelli
Old 03-10-17, 01:05 PM   #56
Time Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberjoe View Post
You have to add these 6 to his old total.
Looks like his real post count would be closer to 49,000 when you do that.
Old 03-10-17, 03:48 PM   #57
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibiana View Post
Wait just a fuckin' second here. I heard they died because they wouldn't fit on the Ark.
On? Don't you mean in? I saw the Ark when Indiana Jones found it, no dinosaurs are fitting on that thing. However, the inside is magical and they could have hidden in there when the meteor hit (just like Indy hid in the fridge to save himself from a nuclear bomb).

Kurtie Dee gets Otter:Think about that: Since you're asking us, you know what you want to do is wrong.
Old 03-10-17, 03:55 PM   #58
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabuse View Post
It was wrong and terrible in both situations. The problem as I see it is that the left is quickly sinking to Trump's level. If they start using his kind of vulgar put-down style tactics that will really stink.

Even Pelosi's Trump-like distancing was a disgusting mimicry. It's amazing how these people are experts on everything until it comes to "well, I don't really know what was said so I can't be expected to comment."

At what point do Americans get fed up enough to vote a completely clean slate?

Kurtie Dee gets Otter:Think about that: Since you're asking us, you know what you want to do is wrong.
Old 03-10-17, 04:00 PM   #59
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by inri222 View Post
Why should they, they're only trying to make rape beautiful again?
You mean we mis-heard it all along? It should have been "Make America Rape Again"?!

Old 07-08-17, 01:33 PM   #60
DVD Talk Legend

Linda Sarsour made these four tweets in favor of the U.S. adopting Sharia law:

Quote:
https://web.archive.org/web/20170123...73703588700160

10 weeks of PAID maternity leave in Saudi Arabia. Yes PAID. And ur worrying about women driving. Puts us to shame.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170122...22589967949824

shariah law is reasonable and once u read into the details it makes a lot of sense. People just know the basics

https://web.archive.org/web/20170123...27052727615488

You'll know when you're living under Sharia Law if suddenly all your loans & credit cards become interest free. Sound nice, doesn't it?

https://web.archive.org/web/20170123...26262218813440

If you are still paying interest than Sharia Law hasn't taken over America.

Sharia law bans women from driving cars, prohibits women from appearing alone in public, calls for girls to have their genitals mutilated, and gives a woman’s testimony in court only half the value of a man’s.

After Sarsour made those tweets, liberals chose her to be one of the organizers of the January 21, 2017 Women’s March.

A woman named Donna Hylton spent 27 years in a maximum-security prison for being an accessory to the kidnapping, torture, rape, and murder of a gay man. After Hylton got out of prison, liberals asked her to be a speaker at the January 21, 2017 Women’s March.

Rasmea Yousef Odeh is a a convicted Palestinian terrorist who participated in the bombing of a grocery store in Israel which killed two students. She was a role model for the March 8, 2017 “Day without a Woman."

Female participants were encouraged to skip school so they could spend the day standing in the street in front of oncoming traffic.
Old 07-10-17, 12:33 AM   #61
DVD Talk Legend

Hey, when was grumble allowed back in?
"Another day, another dolour." -Me