Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Old 08-12-17, 06:31 PM   #18076
DVD Talk Legend

re: The Offical Trump Presidency Thread: David Duke approved

Quote:
Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Already posted in the race thread, but just so we know who's on Trump's side, and who's side Trump is on:

So, Republicans and Trump-voters, you may say you're not like them, but YOU are on their side. Let that sink in a minute and then figure out what you need to do. Because if you keep making excuses, and false equivalences, or are otherwise ambivalent toward their actions, guess what? YOU ARE ONE OF THEM.
Old 08-12-17, 07:03 PM   #18077
Time Lord

Quote:
Already posted in the race thread, but just so we know who's on Trump's side, and who's side Trump is on:

So, Republicans and Trump-voters, you may say you're not like them, but YOU are on their side. Let that sink in a minute and then figure out what you need to do. Because if you keep making excuses, and false equivalences, or are otherwise ambivalent toward their actions, guess what? YOU ARE ONE OF THEM.
Absofuckinglutely.
Old 08-12-17, 07:16 PM   #18078
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:

Well said.
Old 08-12-17, 07:22 PM   #18079
DVD Talk Legend

So ... what's the pro-Trump spin on today's events? Do we blame race division on Obama? Clinton's bipartisan legislation was too hard on crime? That peanut farmer? Social justice warriors? Is this simply non-affiliated road rage? My favorite Tweet so far is that this was a deep state false flag attack from Obama and Clinton. So easy.

I keep saying that Trump doesn't have much real support, and was propped up by "Rank and File" Republicans, combined with a few percent of the alt-right types. To me, these are the angry people who actually tipped the election in his favor. This kind of makes sensible Republicans complicit to a point (primaries are meant to weed out candidates like Trump). Harshly denouncing and keeping that denouncement in the public consciousness could (and should) force these people out of GOP support and defect to a third party. A cleansing. Then we'll regroup, vote, and see where we are.
Old 08-12-17, 07:25 PM   #18080
DVD Talk Legend

just when I thought the Trump Shit show couldn't go any lower
Old 08-12-17, 07:35 PM   #18081
DVD Talk Legend

He really needs to learn some alternate words to at least seem sincere.
Old 08-12-17, 07:35 PM   #18082
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
No joke. In the last couple weeks he has taken a shit on a group that is honorably serving their country and thumbed his nose to that group that has honorably served and died for their country, thanked Putin, and couldn't renounce neo-natzies.

He once said he could shoot someone in time square and he would not lose his base. I really think that is up next.
Old 08-12-17, 07:36 PM   #18083
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Hey, we're only six months in.
Old 08-12-17, 07:40 PM   #18084
DVD Talk Legend

If only all of this had been apparent from Trump during the campaign. Oh wait...
Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow. - Men in Black
Old 08-12-17, 07:49 PM   #18085
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This will be the turning point. He must be asked over and over why he will not immediately condemn white supremacists. He must be asked again and again. A US citizen was killed over this. He must be asked again and again. If he is, it's over. This is the turning point.

A terrible day. Lord, in your mercy.
Old 08-12-17, 07:52 PM   #18086
Admin-Self Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven View Post
If only all of this had been apparent from Trump during the campaign. Oh wait...
At least Hillary isn't President, am I right?

www.endgerrymandering.com
Gerrymandering in the US
Old 08-12-17, 07:54 PM   #18087
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by story View Post
This will be the turning point. He must be asked over and over why he will not immediately condemn white supremacists. He must be asked again and again. A US citizen was killed over this. He must be asked again and again. If he is, it's over. This is the turning point.

And yet, he won't be asked again and again. I imagine it'll be asked a few times at the daily press conference, a non-answer will be given several times, and then the Trump shit show will move on to another story, and the media will fall for it...again.
Old 08-12-17, 07:54 PM   #18088
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Quote:
I don't like crooked Hillary, she's arrogant! I voted for the con artist, racist adulterer instead!
Old 08-12-17, 07:55 PM   #18089
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:

He'll never talk about this again. and I doubt he'll do his promised press conference on Monday either.
Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow. - Men in Black
Old 08-12-17, 08:02 PM   #18090
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...12981319790592

He really needs to learn some alternate words to at least seem sincere.
He just used the same words to describe a murder that he uses to describe his opponents. Seems about right. Sad!
Old 08-12-17, 08:15 PM   #18091
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Gottta keep those White Supremist Voters happy till 2020.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottedfeather View Post
Well, they kiss where they think that Jesus was born. They kiss the little catholic cracker. They worship Mary.....
Old 08-12-17, 08:18 PM   #18092
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ View Post
And yet, he won't be asked again and again. I imagine it'll be asked a few times at the daily press conference, a non-answer will be given several times, and then the Trump shit show will move on to another story, and the media will fall for it...again.
If the media won't hold him accountable, who holds the media accountable? How do we do that?
Old 08-12-17, 08:20 PM   #18093
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
If the media won't hold him accountable, who holds the media accountable? How do we do that?
I don't blame the media. They will have limited or no access to Trump and then Trump will do something terrible next week and eventually this will all pass again because if you only get one question for Trump, how do you choose from the myriad of horrible things he's done?

That's why they so often stick to the topics of the moment. No one is asking about Don Jr. or Kellyanne's promise that he'd make a decision on the exchanges.
Old 08-12-17, 08:20 PM   #18094
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhg83 View Post
Gottta keep those White Supremist Voters happy till 2020.
Without engaging them, Trump wouldn't have won the 2016 election. It's not a big percent. But it was enough.
Old 08-12-17, 08:22 PM   #18095
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:

We really are to the point where logic and reason do not aply. We have an act of terrorism on US soil and POTUS will not denounce the group responsible. Yes I know we don't know anything about the driver. And that's not the point. No matter who it was they should be persecuted to the full extent of the law.
Old 08-12-17, 08:27 PM   #18096
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
I don't blame the media. They will have limited or no access to Trump and then Trump will do something terrible next week and eventually this will all pass again because if you only get one question for Trump, how do you choose from the myriad of horrible things he's done?

That's why they so often stick to the topics of the moment. No one is asking about Don Jr. or Kellyanne's promise that he'd make a decision on the exchanges.
Actually, I think the media should work together. They should collaborate and have a unified game plan. CNN should hammer the shit out of the topic. If CNN gets their cred's pull then NBC would share their notes and video w/CNN. And they should pick up where CNN dropped off.

Right now he is using the threat of access against them. If they work as a group...what's he going to do? No more press? He couldn't handle that.
Old 08-12-17, 08:28 PM   #18097
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdallnct View Post
Actually, I think the media should work together. They should collaborate and have a unified game plan. CNN should hammer the shit out of the topic. If CNN gets their cred's pull then NBC would share their notes and video w/CNN. And they should pick up where CNN dropped off.

Right now he is using the threat of access against them. If they work as a group...what's he going to do? No more press? He couldn't handle that.
Oh I'm sure there will be at least one news organization that doesn't get banned...
Old 08-12-17, 08:47 PM   #18098
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
Oh I'm sure there will be at least one news organization that doesn't get banned...
Exactly. Fox would never play ball so they'd end up with all of the access.
Old 08-12-17, 09:02 PM   #18099
DVD Talk Legend

http://huffp.st/ftoujdY

I always thought Obama was "likable". But as a POTUS I thought he was middle of the road.

And while Trump has a raging hard on to undo anything to do with Obama, all it does is make me think how awesome Obama was. And how we (I) under appreciated him.
Old 08-12-17, 09:26 PM   #18100
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdallnct View Post

This. But the MSM is in collusion with the establishment of both parties.