Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Old 01-21-17, 02:11 PM   #76
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

re: The Offical Trump Presidency Thread: #AlternativeReality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven View Post
How do you know who these people voted for. Every single one could have voted for Clinton.

Notice that these protests are happening in major cities. Remember that cities don't represent "real" America anymore either.
Beat me to it. They're just like us non-Trump supporting males. They're part of the voting public that doesn't count.

And frankly that kind of comment about these women ranks right up there with the "all lives matter" stuff. In fact, a lot of both probably come from the same people.
Old 01-21-17, 02:13 PM   #77
DVD Talk Legend

Inri:

Thanks for the graphic. Proves my point.
Old 01-21-17, 02:21 PM   #78
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdnmickey View Post
Beat me to it. They're just like us non-Trump supporting males. They're part of the voting public that doesn't count.
Sorry, now you've confused me. There's a part of the voting public who doesn't count? Are you saying that they didn't vote, or that they did vote but their votes weren't counted?
Old 01-21-17, 02:22 PM   #79
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbuzz View Post
I don't know how every one of them voted, but obviously every single one of them did NOT vote for Clinton otherwise Clinton would've won. No way a candidate can lose with a majority of votes in every single state.

Your point about "real" America is well-made. They're manufactured events for the benefit of the media, who also live only in major cities.
Despite the crowds (bigger than Trump has ever pulled too, which must piss him right off ), they aren't a majority of people in any given location.

65+ million voted for Clinton. As impressive as these gatherings are, it is a fraction of that number.
Old 01-21-17, 02:24 PM   #80
DVD Talk Legend

^ Got it.

Protesting is fun, I guess. Kinda like masturbation, only in public, and without the nudity.
Old 01-21-17, 02:28 PM   #81
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was lucky enough to have the day off from work yesterday, and watched the whole event. By 10pm I was exhausted. Trump still looked fresh. I woke up a bit tired this morning, turned the tv on, and Trump was sitting in a church looking well rested.
I think it's becoming obvious: Trump is an alien.
Old 01-21-17, 02:28 PM   #82
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
^ Got it.

Protesting is fun, I guess. Kinda like masturbation, only in public, and without the nudity.
Trump has made his opinions of women well known. I'm not sure you're qualified to tell them they shouldn't object to his Presidency.
Old 01-21-17, 02:31 PM   #83
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly30 View Post
I said this in the other thread and i will say it in here, we are better off with Trump than Pence.
I disagree. Strongly. I disagree with Pence almost across the board, but I think he has America's best interest in mind, where as Trump only has Trump's best interest in mind.

Look no further than the different responses from the two of them to the Hamilton incident to see how each of them sees America and the people who disagree with them.
Old 01-21-17, 02:34 PM   #84
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by @nickbilton
Nashville, Louisville, San Diego, St. Paul, Wichita, Chicago, Oklahoma, London, Los Angeles, NYC, Washington DC
Saw this on Twitter. Just incredible
Old 01-21-17, 02:36 PM   #85
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermallet View Post
I don't know if I agree with that. Pence has some batshit crazy evangelical ideas but he doesn't have a cult of personality and can be fought more easily as he's just another average politician at the end of the day.
Trump's agenda is a bit dumb, but minus trade and the wall that is never going to be built, worst of it is just the stuff we will get with the complete Republican control of the government.

My issues with Trump besides the fact he is an obvious narcissist are his randomness and vindictiveness. Who knows what he will do with the Military, foreign policy, etc. At least Pence could be counted on to at least care about some Americans and his country.

Trump only cares about himself and how great he looks.

I personally know some narcissists just like him. My wife was raised by one, and she would have been better off raised by wolves. The pettiness and self-obsession they have blinds them to anything else.

Judgement like that at the top is very dangerous.
Old 01-21-17, 02:38 PM   #86
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Trump has made his opinions of women well known. I'm not sure you're qualified to tell them they shouldn't object to his Presidency.
I'm not objecting to their objection. I'm confused by it, when after all it was they who chose to elect him.
Old 01-21-17, 02:41 PM   #87
DVD Talk Legend

Trump speaking at the CIA, can't even give a full speech on relevant subjects without going on about the size of his crowds and how much the media sucks.

Something tells me he hasn't had a chance to watch CNN today.

Quote:
^ Got it.

Well you know, it is kinda the thing the Founders fought for us to be able to do. If you think elections are supposed to stop political discourse, you don't understand the point of democracy.
Old 01-21-17, 02:42 PM   #88
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
I'm not objecting to their objection. I'm confused by it, when after all it was they who chose to elect him.
I'm confused by your confusion. You really think these women who are out protesting today actually voted for Trump?
Old 01-21-17, 02:42 PM   #89
DVD Talk Legend

You know, with the number of people out protesting right now, it would be pretty easy for them to overrun security at the White House and Capitol Hill and seize control of the government.

Just an idea.
Old 01-21-17, 02:42 PM   #90
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Again, everyone single one of the people protesting today could have voted against Trump and he would have still won.
Old 01-21-17, 02:43 PM   #91

750K @ Downtown LA;

http://ktla.com/2017/01/21/thousands...rshing-square/
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”
― H.L. Mencken
Old 01-21-17, 02:55 PM   #92
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Again, everyone single one of the people protesting today could have voted against Trump and he would have still won.
Yeah, I get that. Got it the first time it was said, too.

Not sure how that adds to the discussion, though. If they're protesting because their candidate lost, shouldn't they have worked harder 60 days BEFORE the election rather than hold these protests 60 days AFTER? Votes win elections. Marching around yelling slogans is fun, but unless it translates to votes I fail to see what tangible good it accomplishes.
Old 01-21-17, 02:55 PM   #93
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Title: "Trump Deletes Misspelled Tweet" Yeah, impeach him!

But seriously, it may be time for The Donald to retire his Twitter account. Or at least for someone to accidentally move his phone so he can't find it.
Who said anything about impeach? I'm sure not following the law on records retention is not an impeachable offense, in and of itself.

Are you suggesting POTUS can break all the laws they want until it reaches a certain level?

I guess we really are in the new world. Laws no longer count unless they are, you know, "the really important ones".
Old 01-21-17, 03:00 PM   #94
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:

Not sure how that adds to the discussion, though. If they're protesting because their candidate lost, shouldn't they have worked harder 60 days BEFORE the election rather than hold these protests 60 days AFTER? Votes win elections. Marching around yelling slogans is fun, but unless it translates to votes I fail to see what tangible good it accomplishes.
Again, it's a false assumption. You have no idea how hard those folks worked or didn't work prior to election.

2nd, regardless of them working or not working prior to election has zero to do with their right to protest OR simply send a message OR foe whatever damn reason they want.
Old 01-21-17, 03:02 PM   #95

Quote:

They can still influence members of congress. Elections in less than 2 years. More people voted for Dems in the House elections last year. Republicans are well aware of that
Old 01-21-17, 03:03 PM   #96
Time Lord

Quote:

These marches could easily translate to votes in 2018.

Also in America we have this idea that the government rules with the consent of the governed. If millions of people are expressing their displeasure, that is a message politicians would be wise to heed, even if they were elected recently.

Last edited by Supermallet; 01-21-17 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-21-17, 03:04 PM   #97

Quote:
How do you know who these people voted for? Every single one could have voted for Clinton.

Notice that these protests are happening in major cities. Remember that cities don't represent "real" America anymore either.

they are happening in the Cities but people are from all over
Old 01-21-17, 03:10 PM   #98
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly30 View Post
they are happening in the Cities but people are from all over
Im just parroting the narrative that cities and places with lots of people don't count as America anymore.

Last edited by Draven; 01-21-17 at 03:19 PM.
Old 01-21-17, 03:22 PM   #99
Admin-Self Banned

Might as well start the ratings tracking. Here's the latest from Real Clear Politics

Spoilerized for size.

Spoiler:

RCP Average is 41.8 favorable.

www.endgerrymandering.com
Gerrymandering in the US
Old 01-21-17, 03:23 PM   #100
Admin-Self Banned

Quote:
Im just parroting the narrative that cities and places with lots of people don't count as America anymore.
Cities are full of liberal elitists, not "Real Americans."

www.endgerrymandering.com
Gerrymandering in the US