Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Old 01-14-17, 09:20 AM   #1
DVD Talk Legend

He Said WHAT? The Trump Tweet Thread

It's the weekend before MLK day, so naturally Trump is using the opportunity to attack a man who got beaten and arrested in Selma.

I'm surprised Trump didn't go after Lewis for not respecting law and order.

Old 01-14-17, 09:22 AM   #2
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: He Said WHAT? The Trump Tweet Thread

another anti-Trump thread on a dying forum! keep at it! Change is on the horizon!
Old 01-14-17, 09:32 AM   #3
Admin-Self Banned

More "Presidential" Tweeting from the new Cmdr in Chief. Way to stay above the fray sir. Keep that skin thin.

www.endgerrymandering.com
Gerrymandering in the US
Old 01-14-17, 09:36 AM   #4
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGM View Post
another anti-Trump thread on a dying forum! keep at it! Change is on the horizon!
What exactly do you disagree with?
Old 01-14-17, 10:08 AM   #5
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
your mouse has a scroll button on it, try using it on topics that bother you so much
At this point all you're doing is trolling topics you're opposed to.
Old 01-14-17, 10:16 AM   #6
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Sad!
Old 01-14-17, 10:20 AM   #7
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara View Post
It's the weekend before MLK day, so naturally Trump is using the opportunity to attack a man who got beaten and arrested in Selma.

look in the mirror jackass, all you do is tweet.
Old 01-14-17, 10:23 AM   #8
DVD Talk Legend

I agree. So many people here that I used to look up to and respect people here for their level headed review of ideas and policies that I was unfamiliar with. Now these same people have done a complete 180 and, yes seem to have killed this forum with hate, anger and hyperbole. Nick Danger is one of the the last ones left but I wonder how much longer he can fight you off.

I get that we all don't like Trump. But I can't even come in here for level headed reasoning anymore, its just like so many other websites. Whatever. I'm not telling you that you have to change. I just realize that if I joined the fray my health would seriously deteriorate.
Old 01-14-17, 10:30 AM   #9
DVD Talk Legend

Paddy wagon? Really? It's 2017 people. Can someone take that down?
Old 01-14-17, 10:32 AM   #10
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Save Ferris View Post
I agree. So many people here that I used to look up to and respect people here for their level headed review of ideas and policies that I was unfamiliar with. Now these same people have done a complete 180 and, yes seem to have killed this forum with hate, anger and hyperbole. Nick Danger is one of the the last ones left but I wonder how much longer he can fight you off.

I get that we all don't like Trump. But I can't even come in here for level headed reasoning anymore, its just like so many other websites. Whatever. I'm not telling you that you have to change. I just realize that if I joined the fray my health would seriously deteriorate.
I'm sorry, but what is the level-headed response to "Me no like John Lewis! Him bad Congressman!" If I posted economic and crime stats for Georgia's 5th District, would it make a difference? Are we supposed to sit here and parse out "Ge,, Donald Trump is right that Lewis's district is in poor shape" vs. "While the unemployment numbers are on the high side, all in all, the district is in good shape economically and crime rates are within a third of a standard deviation of the national median?" Would it make a difference? Do you think Donald Trump looked at those stats before tweeting out his insults? Do you think he even knows what district Lewis represents? Do you think he cares?

Look, we have a president elect who, it is appearing increasingly likely, is an asset of a foreign power. Moreover, he is intemperate with the impulse control of a five year old hopped up on sugar in a toy store. He's chosen to belittle and attack a civil rights pioneer -- on MLK weekend, no less -- because that pioneer had the audacity to criticize him.

What fucking ideas are you expecting me to review with a level head?

This is not "let's weigh the pros and cons of the Republican alternative to Obamacare." This is not "What is the appropriate U.S. response to Russia's actions in the Crimea." There are no ideas here. This is not policy. This is a dangerous man who has been given control of the ship of state thanks to the efforts of a regime that almost certainly wants to see that ship run aground.
"JasonF can do no wrong!" -- Rockmjd23
Old 01-14-17, 10:34 AM   #11
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabuse View Post
Paddy wagon? Really? It's 2017 people. Can someone take that down?
Yes, the offensive ethnic behavior in that picture is the use of a euphemism based in an anti-Irish slur.
"JasonF can do no wrong!" -- Rockmjd23
Old 01-14-17, 10:35 AM   #12
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

When Trump starts acting like a leader worthy of level headed reviews of his ideas and policies I'm sure people would follow suit. Same goes for people that defend his policies in the same manner.

Anybody that his seen Trump's tweets, and the majority of posts from his supporters here, has no business asking others to be level headed.
Old 01-14-17, 10:41 AM   #13
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
I'm sorry, but what is the level-headed response to "Me no like John Lewis! Him bad Congressman!" If I posted economic and crime stats for Georgia's 5th District, would it make a difference? Are we supposed to sit here and parse out "Ge,, Donald Trump is right that Lewis's district is in poor shape" vs. "While the unemployment numbers are on the high side, all in all, the district is in good shape economically and crime rates are within a third of a standard deviation of the national median?" Would it make a difference? Do you think Donald Trump looked at those stats before tweeting out his insults? Do you think he even knows what district Lewis represents? Do you think he cares?

Look, we have a president elect who, it is appearing increasingly likely, is an asset of a foreign power. Moreover, he is intemperate with the impulse control of a five year old hopped up on sugar in a toy store. He's chosen to belittle and attack a civil rights pioneer -- on MLK weekend, no less -- because that pioneer had the audacity to criticize him.

What fucking ideas are you expecting me to review with a level head?

This is not "let's weigh the pros and cons of the Republican alternative to Obamacare." This is not "What is the appropriate U.S. response to Russia's actions in the Crimea." There are no ideas here. This is not policy. This is a dangerous man who has been given control of the ship of state thanks to the efforts of a regime that almost certainly wants to see that ship run aground.
OK you going to keep it on level 10 for four years? Will it go up from here? Down? You can be however, I won't be around, or lurking to catch the clever banter between you and Dave that honestly taught me a lot and helped me form my opinions. People exaggerating that the country is over or whatever just make me leave. I know you guys aren't here to serve me, thats fine. Daves not here anymore anyway so it makes it easier.
Old 01-14-17, 10:46 AM   #14
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
When all the libertarians and half the conservatives on the forum switch sides, it should tell you something. There aren't any nuanced views on Trump because there's nothing to be nuanced about -- he really is as bad as people say.

And there've been plenty of detailed takedowns of Trump's proposals and nominations, but they get dismissed by Trump supporters with, "But Hillary!" or "He won, why don't you quit you're whining you stupid special snowflakes," so don't act like people against Trump are derailing the conversation.
Old 01-14-17, 10:48 AM   #15
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
And from the same person who always started it. If it wasnt for Trump Sean would have 90% less post count.

http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/cwrujosh
Old 01-14-17, 10:50 AM   #16
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
OK you going to keep it on level 10 for four years? Will it go up from here?
This isn't level 10. Level 10 is blood in the streets. We aren't even close, though Trump seems intent on pushing us there. Hopefully the Deep State will take care of him before we get to that point.
Old 01-14-17, 10:54 AM   #17
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Hopefully the Deep State will take care of him before we get to that point.
Take care of him how?
Old 01-14-17, 11:02 AM   #18
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
Take care of him how?
I'd imagine a diaper and binkie.
Old 01-14-17, 11:06 AM   #19
DVD Talk Hero

One thing (maybe the only thing) that I find interesting about Trump's tweets is that he ALWAYS has to insult the person who criticized him before dismissing their criticism of him. Now, in a perfect world a President would act presidential and the tit-for-tat would be beneath him, but since the core of the earth isn't even beneath Trump and he feels compelled to answer each and every one of them, I keep wondering why he has to be such a fucking child about it. Can't he respectfully disagree with Meryl Streep without claiming she's Overrated? Does the validity of her opinion of him really depend on whether she is or isn't the greatest living movie actress? If John Lewis' district had a lower crime rate, whould he then agree that his election was tainted? It's just such a weird way to respond to criticism, leaving out the widely-known fact that being POTUS involves taking a lot of criticism for everything you do.

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
Old 01-14-17, 11:14 AM   #20
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
Take care of him how?
Best case scenario, the intelligence community uncovers a smoking gun proving Trump is compromised, drops it on the front page of the Washington Post and forces Congress to impeach.

Moderate case scenario, Trump suffers a heart attack while participating in a wargame simulation at Site R.

Worst case scenario, full on military coup.

At this point, Trump poses enough of a danger to the US and the West in general that I have to believe all those options are under consideration.
Old 01-14-17, 11:21 AM   #21
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Best case scenario, the intelligence community uncovers a smoking gun proving Trump is compromised, drops it on the front page of the Washington Post and forces Congress to impeach.

Moderate case scenario, Trump suffers a heart attack while participating in a wargame simulation at Site R.

Worst case scenario, full on military coup.

At this point, Trump poses enough of a danger to the US and the West in general that I have to believe all those options are under consideration.
the best case scenario, he and Pence both back out before Friday
Old 01-14-17, 11:28 AM   #22
DVD Talk Legend

Best case scenario Trump is president for four years and doesn't make us look stupid. No wall or other nonsense. Establishment makes a big comeback in 2018 and 2020. And onward.
Old 01-14-17, 11:29 AM   #23
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler View Post
Best case scenario Trump is president for four years and doesn't make us look stupid. No wall or other nonsense. Establishment makes a big comeback in 2018 and 2020. And onward.
too late
Old 01-14-17, 11:33 AM   #24
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This response was so predictable. Trump just got played by John Lewis.
Old 01-14-17, 11:40 AM   #25
Admin-Self Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler View Post
I don't need a return to Establishment if that means continued gridlock. I'd like candidates from both sides who roll up their sleeves, use ideas from both sides and actually get the work of the people done instead of figuring out how to firewall their districts to ensure perpetual reelection. We need a return to the days of normalcy of government that we haven't seen since the impeachment of Clinton in the late 1990's. I don't want the Establishment of the last 20 years. It's so amazingly broken.

www.endgerrymandering.com
Gerrymandering in the US