Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Old 08-16-17, 07:51 AM   #451
DVD Talk Legend

Re: He Said WHAT? The Trump Tweet Thread

Well, if you really want to piss Trump off, go like this tweet. This has got to be driving him fucking bananas.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/15/politi...eet/index.html

Quote:
Obama's Charlottesville tweet is most liked in Twitter history
Hunter Schwarz

By Hunter Schwarz, CNN's COVER/LINE

Updated 6:15 AM ET, Wed August 16, 2017
The former President responded to the attack with a quote from Nelson Mandela
His tweet is the most liked ever on Twitter

Washington (CNN)Former President Barack Obama's tweet reacting to the attack in Charlottesville, Virginia, is the most liked tweet ever on the social network.
Obama tweeted a quote from Nelson Mandela's 1994 autobiography "Long Walk to Freedom" Saturday that said, "No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite."
The quote was split into three tweets, the first of which included a photo of him greeting a group of children through a window taken by photographer Pete Souza at a day care facility next to his daughter Sasha's school in Bethesda, Maryland, in 2011.

The tweet has been liked more than 3 million times, making it the most liked tweet of all time, behind a tweet from Ariana Grande following the attack at her concert in Manchester in May, a Twitter spokesperson told CNN.
Obama's reaction to the Charlottesville attack is also the fifth-most retweeted behind a tweet from a teen who wanted free chicken nuggets from Wendy's, Ellen Degeneres' tweet from 2014 Oscars, a tweet from singer Louis Tomlinson to his One Direction bandmate Harry Styles and Ariana Grande's previously mentioned tweet.
The tweet (sorry, haven't learned how to post tweets here yet): https://twitter.com/BarackObama/stat...t%2Findex.html
Old 08-16-17, 07:59 AM   #452
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

How prestigious it would be to beat the free Wendy's nugget tweet. What a list of important tweets that Obama needs to beat out.
Old 08-16-17, 08:05 AM   #453
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryD View Post
How prestigious it would be to beat the free Wendy's nugget tweet. What a list of important tweets that Obama needs to beat out.
Yeah, I thought that was funny too. But you know it is still driving Trump nuts.
Old 08-16-17, 10:58 AM   #454

Old 08-16-17, 11:02 AM   #455
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i'm pretty sure Amazon pays more taxes than Trump.
Old 08-16-17, 11:41 AM   #456
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex14 View Post

This is doubly interesting since the CEO of Walmart came out and criticized him yesterday for his failure to provide uniting comments after Charlottesville.

I've seen figures on how much of a drain Walmart is on taxpayers due to their low wages and how many of their employees end up on public assistance (food stamps, medicaid, etc.). I doubt Amazon has similarly horrific figures.
Old 08-16-17, 11:50 AM   #457
DVD Talk Legend

The only reason he's going after Amazon is because Bezos owns the Washington Post.
Old 08-16-17, 12:14 PM   #458
DVD Talk Godfather

Obama having the most liked tweet is fantastic. Let that eat at Trump.

Actually the best way to piss off Trump would be for him to lose followers. Everyone should just stop following that ass clown. It would keep him up nights if he only had a couple thousand followers.

Now Playing: Horizon Zero Dawn | Puzzle Craft 2
Old 08-16-17, 01:17 PM   #459
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post

Actually the best way to piss off Trump would be for him to lose followers. Everyone should just stop following that ass clown. It would keep him up nights if he only had a couple thousand followers.
I'd love for him to give a press conference, and for everyone to walk out at his first outrageous comment.
Old 08-16-17, 01:30 PM   #460
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
I'd love for him to give a press conference, and for everyone to walk out at his first outrageous comment.
As soon as he saw what was happening, he'd immediately scream "press conference over!" and run out of the room in the feeble attempt to make it seem like people left because he ended it.
Old 08-16-17, 01:33 PM   #461
Admin-Self Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post

It's temping. I follow Trump, so I know what the enemy is planning.

www.endgerrymandering.com
Gerrymandering in the US
Old 08-16-17, 01:50 PM   #462

It's not like if you unfollowed him you wouldn't see what he tweets.
Old 08-16-17, 01:50 PM   #463
DVD Talk Legend

I work in and around Amazon a lot. Not surprised that Trump doesn't understand how it all works (with small companies selling tens-of-billions through Amazon yearly). Must have had his feelings hurt by real-billionaire and Washington Post owner Jeff Bezos.
Old 08-16-17, 01:52 PM   #464
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat3001 View Post
The only reason he's going after Amazon is because Bezos owns the Washington Post.
Huh! You know . . .
Old 08-16-17, 01:59 PM   #465
DVD Talk Legend

Wait so when companies get large like Amazon it hurts small business but telco giants are just fine? Amazon pays taxes and employees people in more states than not. Hell if it wasn't for Amazon the USPS might not be in business any longer.

God I love having President that goes after people that are far more successful in business than he is out of pure jealousy.
Old 08-16-17, 06:22 PM   #466
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber View Post
Wait so when companies get large like Amazon it hurts small business but telco giants are just fine? Amazon pays taxes and employees people in more states than not. Hell if it wasn't for Amazon the USPS might not be in business any longer.

God I love having President that goes after people that are far more successful in business than he is out of pure jealousy.
I think Amazon gets a pass because of their third-party sellers. Nearly half its total sales comes from third party sellers. Third party sellers are a culmination of manufacturers and brands controlling their products, and resellers making a few bucks by offering niche, liquidation, etc. products. Amazon then picks up the slack by controlling most-all of the big-box stuff.

Amazon themselves only like to invest in inventory that has a certain profitability (based on value, cu/in, rate of returns, manufacturer/distributor relationships, and other parameters). The most obvious rule I've encountered, is that they do not like products that sit on the shelf for more than a month-or-so. Everything else is up to the third party sellers, which is why you can buy 'almost anything' on Amazon.
Old 08-18-17, 06:52 PM   #467
DVD Talk Legend

Random Observation: Pro-Trump support seems to only come from Twitter accounts that are labeled 'deplorable', '4Trump', 'Covfefe', etc. I don't see a lot of real average-dude pro-Trump tweets. Yet, on the Democrat and liberal side, it seems like the majority of tweets are from real people.
Old 08-27-17, 06:02 PM   #468
DVD Talk Legend

More fake Twitter accounts used to troll the opponent. If comprehension of Twitter fake-ness ever reaches the mainstream, they'll turn into the next MySpace. Nobody wants to talk about it because the media reaches a lot of people on there. And there is a lot of very good, very real content. It's largely a cesspool of junk SEO and the biggest source of actual "fake news".

Quote:
http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-41036631

Far-right smear campaign against Antifa exposed by Bellingcat
Old 09-15-17, 11:27 AM   #469

I got nuthin'
"You concentrate on the sad wanna be hooliganism and let us worry about the actual soccer." - rocketsauce (final score: Columbus 2-Chicago 1)
Old 09-15-17, 11:50 AM   #470
DVD Talk Legend

It is truly, truly incredible. I would start the next press conference by asking about that tweet.
Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow. - Men in Black
Old 09-15-17, 12:37 PM   #471
DVD Talk Legend

Like they say, "There isn't a dime's worth of difference between those politicians anyway."
Old 09-15-17, 02:19 PM   #472

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post
Like they say, "There isn't a dime's worth of difference between those politicians anyway."
You are possibly the last person here I would have expected to quote George Wallace.

Except sarcastically.
"You concentrate on the sad wanna be hooliganism and let us worry about the actual soccer." - rocketsauce (final score: Columbus 2-Chicago 1)
Old 09-15-17, 03:12 PM   #473
DVD Talk Hero

Old 09-15-17, 03:58 PM   #474
DVD Talk Limited Edition

How dare she call him a white supremacist...

Old 09-15-17, 04:20 PM   #475
DVD Talk Legend

Love to see some of the Trump defenders explain why this guy isn't a lying hypocrite just based on the above tweets.