Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Old 12-10-16, 09:36 PM   #101
DVD Talk Limited Edition

re: CIA: Russia tried to help Trump win the election

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
Walsh is right.

If Trump and the GOP were colluding with Russia to influence the election that is fucking treason. That word gets thrown around a lot, but holy shit...
For sure ... it's just bizarro land coming from Joe Walsh of all people.
Old 12-10-16, 09:59 PM   #102
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
If anything, Hillary probably paid Russian hackers to infiltrate particular systems. I mean, why not. Worst case scenario, if you lose...you can blame the Russians and accuse Trump of doing it.
I've been explicitly critical of HRC and I did not vote for her (nor Trump), but...you have got to be kidding me with this ****.
Old 12-10-16, 10:48 PM   #103
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
If anything, Hillary probably paid Russian hackers to infiltrate particular systems. I mean, why not. Worst case scenario, if you lose...you can blame the Russians and accuse Trump of doing it.
That's what the Lizard People want you to think, dude. You gotta dig deeper.
Old 12-10-16, 11:09 PM   #104
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara View Post
That's what the Lizard People want you to think, dude. You gotta dig deeper.
Okay. Let's go deeper. And then right back to the apparent surface.

Trump is/was not serious about being president. He trolled his way into being elected, when he had no intention of winning. And now he's trolling with his admin picks. Just to see how stupid the system really is, and test the incompetence of our government. Our "establishment" works fine. And he's trying to tear it all down as part of some sick joke. All while laughing at us all (including DP) from that gold plated condo with his hot wife and opulent lifestyle that far exceeds our average public servant politicians.

You know all of that rhetoric that we've heard over the past thirty years (or more) about how businessmen can run the USA better than pithy public servants? We're finally going to see what would actually happen.

Check's on the way from Soros and The Clinton Foundation!
Old 12-10-16, 11:39 PM   #105
DVD Talk Special Edition

There is no doubt Russia wanted Trump to win,were behind Wikileaks and the money behind a lot fake facebook news sites. If Democrats want to be like we lost cause of Russia we will lose again if 4 years.

I voted for Hilary but even I see she was a shit candidate like Al Gore,Dukakis level bad propped up by a bloated stupid corrupt establishment. The Republicans handed her an internet troll on a silver platter and it should have never been close enough to where Russian shennanigns could tilt things in a razor close race.
Old 12-10-16, 11:53 PM   #106
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronHernandez View Post
There is no doubt Russia wanted Trump to win,were behind Wikileaks and the money behind a lot fake facebook news sites. If Democrats want to be like we lost cause of Russia we will lose again if 4 years.

I voted for Hilary but even I see she was a shit candidate like Al Gore,Dukakis level bad propped up by a bloated stupid corrupt establishment. The Republicans handed her an internet troll on a silver platter and it should have never been close enough to where Russian shennanigns could tilt things in a razor close race.

But stupid ass Americans came out in droves to vote for that potato head. They played themselves.
Old 12-11-16, 01:06 AM   #107
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow69 View Post
For sure ... it's just bizarro land coming from Joe Walsh of all people.

Maybe twitter got its wires crossed.

-- Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Old 12-11-16, 02:07 AM   #108
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cungar View Post
I'm predicting this thread will be the longest of next year in this forum. Thanks for starting it Polezei.
"What's the act called?"

"The Aristocrats!"

The rich rule over the poor,
and the borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7
Old 12-11-16, 07:07 AM   #109
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Tribune too.

But, even if Russians did this, people in America still voted like how they voted, right? It's not like anyone was influenced by this stuff - all it did was reinforce what they already believed, it's not like they rigged the voting booths or that anyone would take back their vote.
That's the big question. Russian intervention may be far more than attempting to influence people into voting for Trump. That's too passive.

I said it at the time, when Trump was claiming that the election was rigged WEEKS before election day, I thought he said it because it was true... not true in the sense that Clinton's side was going to rig it (which is what everyone interpreted his claim to mean) but true as in, "I just got word from Putin that the fix is in".

How? People immediately think about rigging individual voting booths. That is too labor intensive, requires rigging many booths, and is more likely to be discovered.

If there was any rigging, it would've been done higher up the food chain (county/state level)... and only in specific states, perhaps even in specific counties.
Old 12-11-16, 09:08 AM   #110
DVD Talk Hero

Patton Oswalt's been on a tear lately, but this thing has him shook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton Oswalt

This fucking election. Fucking Trump.

These newest revelations, that Russia hacked the election. Piles of evidence, teetering up to the sky. That Russia ALSO hacked the RNC and are holding them over a barrel because of what they know. Which would be hilarious if it wasn't so frightening.
And the boiling chaos that's resulting from it. I've got conservative friends actually DEFENDING Russia on this. I've got progressive friends gloating that we've finally had done to us what we've done to other countries. That Hillary somehow deserves this. That WE somehow deserve this. That infuriating cliche about, "It's actually GOOD ifTrump destroys everything it'll start a revolution BLAH BLAH BLAH FUCKING BLAH..."

And in the middle of it all is Trump -- bloated, grinning, oblivious, wearing his cheap baseball cap and ruining people's lives with his Twitter. While all around him -- smarter, better, exhausted people scramble around, trying to sweep up a china shop he keeps stumbling through, laughing the whole time at these stupid nerds picking up the broken pieces on the ground. Losers. Weak.
Trump doesn't spread evil. He doesn't even spread chaos. Evil and chaos are beyond his abilities.

He spreads MEDIOCRITY. And anyone who gets near him gets dragged into the same sloppy, tossed-off, first-draft shitscape he lives in.

Except this time, it's the entire country who got too close to him. We're about to become, as a nation, as garish and pathetic as one of his hotel suites. Balsa wood under gold spray paint. A chandelier over a toilet. Knock-off Haviland and Parlon china on which to serve a Big Mac. And the people MAKING the Big Macs getting screwed, stripped and exploited while the predators high-five on their private jets.

In nine days the electors make their choice. Let's hope they choose to save us from our grope-y, racist uncle who just won $50,000 playing scratch-offs.
Old 12-11-16, 09:41 AM   #111
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendersfan View Post
"When you choose not to decide you still have made a choice." - Neil Peart
I used this lyric in a college philosophy paper.

Spoiler:
"The discussion of deB is excellent. You obviously spent the time necessary to understand The Ethics of Ambiguity. I was disappointed, however, by the triviality of the example drawn from your own life."

B+

[Price is Right losing horn sound]

Old 12-11-16, 10:09 AM   #112
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
I used this lyric in a college philosophy paper.

Spoiler:
"The discussion of deB is excellent. You obviously spent the time necessary to understand The Ethics of Ambiguity. I was disappointed, however, by the triviality of the example drawn from your own life."

B+

[Price is Right losing horn sound]

A friend of mine got in trouble for plagiarizing Alice Cooper's "Schools Out." I guess the teacher was also a fan and didn't appreciate the "no more teachers dirty looks" line.
Old 12-11-16, 11:34 AM   #113
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermallet View Post
It's tough to say what, if any, impact the hacks had. It almost certainly means that Trump is going to let Putin do whatever the fuck he wants with Eastern Europe.
A nightmare scenario occurred to me the other day.

President Trump pulls the US out of NATO. Putin starts encroaching in on the former Soviet satellites states (Poland? Romania?) that are current NATO states to test NATO's resolve. War breaks out between Russia and NATO, and the US enters the fray on Russia's side. And so begins WWIII.

Sounds insane, but if Putin is wanting to dismantle NATO, and he has the President in his pocket and enough dirt on the republican party to keep it complacent, and enough dumb as fuck Americans who think Europe would be better off under Putin's control than becoming "Eurabia."

-- Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Old 12-11-16, 11:50 AM   #114
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:

President Trump pulls the US out of NATO. Putin starts encroaching in on the former Soviet satellites states (Poland? Romania?) that are current NATO states to test NATO's resolve. War breaks out between Russia and NATO, and the US enters the fray on Russia's side. And so begins WWIII.
We could cut a deal where we make Britain part of the US while Russia gets mainland Europe. We could even give Britain a new name ... something descriptive, like Airstrip One.
Old 12-11-16, 11:57 AM   #115
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:

Sounds insane, but if Putin is wanting to dismantle NATO, and he has the President in his pocket and enough dirt on the republican party to keep it complacent, and enough dumb as fuck Americans who think Europe would be better off under Putin's control than becoming "Eurabia."
Let's see what the Magic 8-Ball says...Very doubtful.

Let's try again...My sources say no.

One more time...My reply is no.

- Christopher Hill, former U.S. Ambassador to South Korea
Old 12-11-16, 12:23 PM   #116
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Here's another nightmare scenario (though not as big as WWIII) : if this Russian hacking scandal is true, what's to stop a more powerful President Trump (or President Pence) from doing it again in 2020? Or even using it again in the mid-terms. What's to stop them?
Old 12-11-16, 12:24 PM   #117
DVD Talk Hero

Can't wait for the MSM (and Oblahblahma) being viewed as something little more than entertainment on the weekends.

And it's even more entertaining when we have Sens. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), along with Sens. Jack Reed (D-R.I.) and Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), who are establishment drones, piling on with their nonsense anti-Russian Propaganda, who don't believe Russia can be an ally, and that the US would be better of turning a cold shoulder to.

Once again, a sensational story, with biased participants, which will only make these people out to be the cronies they've always been.

!RUSSIA!

"I don't sell airplane parts. I've never sold airplane parts."
Old 12-11-16, 12:27 PM   #118
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kefrank View Post
I've been explicitly critical of HRC and I did not vote for her (nor Trump), but...you have got to be kidding me with this ****.
Yeah, 'cud, it makes so much sense Trump was involved with Putin in destroying Hillary (as if we NEEDED HELP ) but yet all the reports are going to be kept from the public so they can't do any logical correlations themselves.

Let me write a little poli-diddy fer yah:

US GOV: "Trump was involved with Russia to destroy our election system!!!!!423643424egvertre"

You: "Really? Oh my God. You have any proof?

US GOV: "We do. But we can't tell you. It's classified."

You: "Ok."

GOVERNMENT PROPAGANDA HINT #3: If the government says something is a fact, but does not disclose the information which lead to those "facts", you're being lied to.

Oh, and REEFER MADNESS. I guess you believe that, too.

"I don't sell airplane parts. I've never sold airplane parts."

Last edited by DVD Polizei; 12-11-16 at 12:33 PM.
Old 12-11-16, 12:35 PM   #119
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Yeah, 'cud, it makes so much sense Trump was involved with Putin in destroying Hillary (as if we NEEDED HELP ) but yet all the reports are going to be kept from the public so they can't do any logical correlations themselves.

Let me write a little poli-diddy fer yah:

US GOV: "Trump was involved with Russia to destroy our election system!!!!!423643424egvertre"
WAIT a minute ... I didn't see anything this weekend about TRUMP being involved. Everything I saw said he was just a useful idiot in the whole debacle.

Do you have an article or anything that actually makes that claim?
Old 12-11-16, 12:40 PM   #120
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow69 View Post
WAIT a minute ... I didn't see anything this weekend about TRUMP being involved. Everything I saw said he was just a useful idiot in the whole debacle.

Do you have an article or anything that actually makes that claim?
No, Polizei is making up stuff again. I am beginning to understand why he likes Trump so much though. He shares the same disdain for facts, logic, and reality.

- Christopher Hill, former U.S. Ambassador to South Korea
Old 12-11-16, 12:41 PM   #121
DVD Talk Legend

Every time DP posts, I feel like I'm living through this scene:

Old 12-11-16, 04:05 PM   #122

Re: Obama Launches Investigation/Review Into Potential Nefarious Russian Hackerdoers

Quote:

That has got to be the most ridiculous post of the year. There should be a prize. I Thought last week it was Comey's fault Clinton lost now it is Russia, next week aliens?
Old 12-11-16, 04:55 PM   #123
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: CIA: Russia tried to help Trump win the election

You got to love the Trump supporters, without knowing anything, blinding damning the CIA report. Even some Republican Senators that have been briefed are saying it should be farther investigated.
Old 12-11-16, 05:33 PM   #124
DVD Talk Legend

Trump has no idea the shit he stepped in

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...d-trump-russia

“There is not just smoke here. There is a blazing 10-alarm fire, the sirens are wailing, the Russians provided the lighter fluid, and Trump is standing half-burnt and holding a match,” said Glenn Carle, a retired CIA officer and interrogator.

SNIP

Carle, the retired CIA officer, said Trump’s temperament had played into Russia’s hands and put the president-elect on a collision course with the CIA.

He said: “Look, in my professional assessment as an intelligence officer, Trump has a reflexive, defensive, monumentally narcissistic personality, for whom the facts and national interest are irrelevant, and the only thing that counts is whatever gives personal advantage and directs attention to himself.

“He is about the juiciest intelligence target an intelligence office could imagine. He groans with vulnerabilities. He will only work with individuals or entities that agree with him and build him up, and he is a shockingly easy intelligence ‘target’ to manipulate.”

Were Trump an intelligence officer himself, Carle said, “he would be removed and possibly charged with having accepted the clandestine support of a hostile power to the harm of the United States”.
Old 12-11-16, 05:42 PM   #125
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cungar View Post
Trump has no idea the shit he stepped in

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...d-trump-russia

“There is not just smoke here. There is a blazing 10-alarm fire, the sirens are wailing, the Russians provided the lighter fluid, and Trump is standing half-burnt and holding a match,” said Glenn Carle, a retired CIA officer and interrogator.

SNIP

Carle, the retired CIA officer, said Trump’s temperament had played into Russia’s hands and put the president-elect on a collision course with the CIA.

He said: “Look, in my professional assessment as an intelligence officer, Trump has a reflexive, defensive, monumentally narcissistic personality, for whom the facts and national interest are irrelevant, and the only thing that counts is whatever gives personal advantage and directs attention to himself.

“He is about the juiciest intelligence target an intelligence office could imagine. He groans with vulnerabilities. He will only work with individuals or entities that agree with him and build him up, and he is a shockingly easy intelligence ‘target’ to manipulate.”

Were Trump an intelligence officer himself, Carle said, “he would be removed and possibly charged with having accepted the clandestine support of a hostile power to the harm of the United States”.

But Hilllary!