Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Old 08-15-17, 08:23 PM   #126
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Fox News Alert! (A Fox News Thread)

Eboni Williams of Fox News slams Trump over Charlottesville comments
from Variety.com

I'm curious to know what Fox viewers are thinking about this.
Old 08-15-17, 10:38 PM   #127
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by brayzie View Post
Eboni Williams of Fox News slams Trump over Charlottesville comments
from Variety.com

I'm curious to know what Fox viewers are thinking about this.
She needs to start polishing her resume.

-- Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Old 08-16-17, 06:43 AM   #128
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.

The News this morning:

CBS: Trump's statements yesterday
ABC: Trump's statements yesterday
NBC: Trump's statements yesterday
CNN: Trump's statements yesterday
FoxNews: "You won't believe what new information we have about that tarmac meeting between Bill Clinton and Loretta Lynch. Also, police were after this criminal..but so were the fashion police! Stay tuned."

Seriously, that's what I heard when I turned to FoxNews.
Old 08-16-17, 07:28 AM   #129
Admin-Self Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandoman View Post
The News this morning:

FoxNews: "You won't believe what new information we have about that tarmac meeting between Bill Clinton and Loretta Lynch. Also, police were after this criminal..but so were the fashion police! Stay tuned."

Last night the story I saw when I flipped to the channel was how CNN was refusing to air one of Trump's new commercials. No mention of how David Duke is championing this President's remarks over Charlottesville.

www.endgerrymandering.com
Gerrymandering in the US
Old 08-16-17, 08:08 AM   #130
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
The News this morning:

Fox Headline on morning after Trump is impeached:

Bill Clinton was impeached by a higher margin than Trump!!!!!
Old 08-16-17, 08:10 AM   #131
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinVega View Post
Last night the story I saw when I flipped to the channel was how CNN was refusing to air one of Trump's new commercials. No mention of how David Duke is championing this President's remarks over Charlottesville.
They mentioned it plenty yesterday
Old 08-16-17, 08:26 AM   #132
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
The News this morning:

It's a pox on both sides because this is the media landscape we live in. The Network News/MSNBC/CNN are anti-trump and FoxNews is Pro-Trump. Just like during the Obama era, FoxNews was anti-Obama and the rest were Pro-Obama.

I remember when the Republican Congressman was shot a few weeks ago by the crazy Liberal guy, it was a news story for about 2 days in the MSM, while FoxNews continued to discuss it well after that.

There is no news media anymore, each one feed to a certain base of people who want to have their views reaffirmed every night. To say that only FoxNews is biased tells me you live in a bubble, because THEY ARE ALL bias.
Old 08-16-17, 08:30 AM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnabb View Post
It's a pox on both sides because this is the media landscape we live in. The Network News/MSNBC/CNN are anti-trump and FoxNews is Pro-Trump. Just like during the Obama era, FoxNews was anti-Obama and the rest were Pro-Obama.

I remember when the Republican Congressman was shot a few weeks ago by the crazy Liberal guy, it was a news story for about 2 days in the MSM, while FoxNews continued to discuss it well after that.

There is no news media anymore, each one feed to a certain base of people who want to have their views reaffirmed every night. To say that only FoxNews is biased tells me you live in a bubble, because THEY ARE ALL bias.
Do you really believe that reporting Trump's statements is being anti-Trump? What happened is a major national event worth of being reported in the news, and what the president does about it is also important to report.
Old 08-16-17, 08:38 AM   #134
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by panchor View Post
Do you really believe that reporting Trump's statements is being anti-Trump? What happened is a major national event worth of being reported in the news, and what the president does about it is also important to report.
No, I'm talking about the news cycle as a whole anymore. Everyone has dug in at this point (it really started under George W Bush and got worse under Obama, and now has come full-fledged under Trump).

I know everytime I turn on CNN and MSNBC, they are going to be ripping on Trump while when I turn on FoxNews, they will be in his corner. The same goes for any Blog: Drudge, Breitbart are all Pro-Trump, while Huffington Post is Anti-Trump.

There is no objectivity with ANYONE in the media anymore as they have all taken sides in the past 10 years, you know exactly what you get when you tune in. They are spoonfeeding their audience who are tuning in for THAT reason, because they don't want the opposing opinion. Preaching to the choir works these days, because that's what most people want.
Old 08-16-17, 08:39 AM   #135
DVD Talk Hero

That's beside the point. A bias in media is played out by deciding what to show. If you have an idiot president, showing footage of them is in fact negative, so you avoid that.

Even ignoring the commentators, it's in the stories covered or the slant given to it.

However, this is a double edged sword, since if you choose to cover everything, you'll be told you're bias as well - just at different times for different sides.

Choosing to cover something negative about the president is seen as a bias, choosing to not cover something negative about a political party is seen as bias.

Last edited by RichC2; 08-16-17 at 08:50 AM.
Old 08-16-17, 09:48 AM   #136
DVD Talk Hero

When Fox & Friends forgets to tell it's guests what to say...

Quote:
In what seemed to be meant as a classic left vs right debate over the public statues of Confederate “heroes,” the segment turned into a remarkably emotional discussion in which both Democratic and Republican panelists expressed tear-stained sadness about the state of the nation following the deadly protests in Charlottesville last weekend.
I hope he was watching.
Old 08-16-17, 10:14 AM   #137

Although I lean conservative, I cannot stand to watch Fox News at all, or listen to Hannity or Rush on the radio. I wouldn't mind right leaning news, but once it starts going into BS territory, it becomes unwatchable. But with Trump, I am also seeing the media bias in what I used to trust with the major network news or even CNN.

CNN has been terrible recently, spending an entire show showing Trump shaking hands with Putin in slow motion, or most recently they had an entire show about Trump being a hypocrite because he was going on a two week vacation after giving Obama a hard time. Programs like that feed into the far right's paranoia about them. Turns out that Trump was forced out while major renovations were being done at the White House. When major news organizations leave that detail out, yes, they are biased.

Another recent example was CBS Evening News reporting Trump pulling out of the Paris Accord. The young reporter being questioned by Pelley was a bit defiant against Trump, there was no gray area in her mind. Pelley: "Do any businesses support pulling out of the Paris Accord" Reporter: "Absolutely none, 0%, this is the worst thing ever". Okay, not the exact quotes, but there was no attempt to understand or report the republican/conservative side of the issue. Same with the Republican Health Care Plan. Never once did I get any idea of what their plan was, just that 36 million people were going to die or scare mongering showing seniors worried about losing their medicare and such.
Old 08-16-17, 10:23 AM   #138
Time Lord

Solution: Don't get your news from TV
Old 08-16-17, 10:34 AM   #139
Admin-Self Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermallet View Post
I hear 4chan is a good source.

Gerrymandering in the US
Old 08-16-17, 10:35 AM   #140

Quote:
Yeah, I grew up watching the evening news every night, with Cronkite or Brokaw or Jennings. I loved watching the McLaughlin Group throughout the 80s and 90s. I try to make time for the Sunday morning news programs, but they do a terrible job informing on the issues.
Old 08-16-17, 10:38 AM   #141
Admin-Self Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryD View Post
Yeah, I grew up watching the evening news every night, with Cronkite or Brokaw or Jennings. I loved watching the McLaughlin Group throughout the 80s and 90s. I try to make time for the Sunday morning news programs, but they do a terrible job informing on the issues.
Most of these shows are about entertainment and keeping eyeballs viewing them. It's the same principle as FB and Twitter without the clicking.

Gerrymandering in the US
Old 08-16-17, 11:12 AM   #142
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
I don't solely get my news from TV, but a lot of people still do (along with Talk Radio, Blogs, etc.) I honestly get a cross section of everything (liberal and conservative blogs, FOX & MSNBC/CNN, etc) and I can usually see through the bullshit. There are still some objective journalists out there, you just have to kind of seek them out (I like Robert Costa from the Washington Post as he has a lot of inside information as to what is going on and usually doesn't editorialize everything). But I honestly stay away from Limbaugh, Maddow, NPR, Hannity, Chris Matthews, Tucker Carlson, as they just purely preaching to the choir. I used to watch CNN everyday as they were the moderate Cable News compared to FOX & MSNBC, but now they are just as bad as MSNBC.
Old 08-16-17, 11:36 AM   #143
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
She needs to start polishing her resume.
Nah...she is gorgeous, so unless she accuses someone at Fox of sexual harassment she is good. She will be given a pass for announcing she was shocked by President Trump's words at his presser...lots of people at Fox were, even the hardcore President Trump supporters will admit President Trump's words took them by surprise, the issue is that if she keeps on harping about how shocked she was days after the incident than all bets are off.
Old 08-16-17, 11:58 AM   #144
DVD Talk Hero

Not even Fox News, this is HLN. Still I thought it was a somewhat poorly worded headline -- even if I can't think of a better way to phrase it without being too wordy.

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
Old 08-16-17, 12:10 PM   #145
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Not even Fox News, this is HLN. Still I thought it was a somewhat poorly worded headline -- even if I can't think of a better way to phrase it without being too wordy.

Teen with BB Gun Fatally Shot by Cop
"JasonF can do no wrong!" -- Rockmjd23
Old 08-16-17, 12:14 PM   #146
DVD Talk Hero

Makes it sound like the cop had the BB gun, and he shot the teen with it.
Old 08-16-17, 12:35 PM   #147
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryD View Post
or most recently they had an entire show about Trump being a hypocrite because he was going on a two week vacation after giving Obama a hard time.
So the President's hypocrisies shouldn't be covered?

Although it's not like it does any good he goes back on everything he says and Tweets multiple time.
Old 08-16-17, 01:16 PM   #148
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Teen with BB Gun Fatally Shot by Cop
Yeah, that is much better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Makes it sound like the cop had the BB gun, and he shot the teen with it.
I know. That's why I took the picture.
"You'll (fatally) shoot your eye out!"

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
Old 08-16-17, 01:38 PM   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber View Post
So the President's hypocrisies shouldn't be covered?

Although it's not like it does any good he goes back on everything he says and Tweets multiple time.
Like Politifact's weekly running total of golf outings compared with Obama?

But, yeah, you trimmed out that CNN left out that Trump was forced to leave the White House due to extensive renovations. Leaving this information out shows their bias. It's fine, I think everyone is on board that CNN is now the new MSNBC.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...t-White-House/
Old 08-16-17, 01:48 PM   #150
DVD Talk Hero

Pretty much every major news organization has the disbanding of Trump's business council as their main story.

But on Fox...