Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Old 04-26-12, 05:57 PM   #126
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

re: Unarmed teen gets shot by Zimmerman...[Verdict: Not Guilty] ptII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
Its' directed at all the guys in here all creaming themselves because we got some puff piece making Zimmerman look like an Angel. It does NOTHING to take way from what happened that night.

You guys are still smarting from all the Martin baby pics.
Doesn't make him an angel. It makes him someone who appears to be concerned about his family, his neighbors and his neighborhood. It also paints a picture that it's pretty damn unlikely that zimmerman got out of his car thinking he was gonna go cap some black kid because he was fed up with them.
Old 04-26-12, 06:49 PM   #127
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Quote:
Glad you noticed. So that makes me wonder what's the point of the article...
I think the point was to offer a more balanced look into George Zimmerman's background.

Initially I just heard he was white racist, called police 46 times in 15 months, charged with domestic violence, and attacked police. Then there was the audio tape where he allegedly says "he looks suspicious. he's black," "f------ c---..." etc.

I'm one of the people who thinks he should have been arrested right away based on him killing someone who was unarmed, and apparantly, not having been breaking any laws.

But so far, it seems that the media helped pushed the idea that this was racially motivated, and that seems to be in question.

Also, what's with using a derogatory term like mutt?

Last edited by brayzie; 04-26-12 at 06:57 PM.
Old 04-26-12, 07:47 PM   #128

Yes, Giantrobo, because knowledge of a person's past is completely useless in determining how he acted at a particular point. Each and every action we take is in no way dependent upon actions taken in the past. Each day is a new day. It's great to be alive!

Bullshit.
Old 04-26-12, 08:29 PM   #129
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Giant View Post

I want justice served, not emotional "Street Justice" like some have called for.
This isn't even Street Justice. It's racial hatred.

Street Justice implies there is at least some competency here.

Zimmerman looked White so he was automatically GUILTY by particular people who should have been more in touch with their own historical roots to know better. We had these people say things that White Skinheads would say if a Black man was accused of beating up a "poor innocent White child" in Northern Idaho.

Then the Media took the side of the more Politically Correct, and enabled these racist people to continue their accusations worldwide.

If this was a "White victim" and a Black assailant, I assure you that White Family wouldn't have the Media Carte Blanche Card.

We need call these fuckers out on their bullshit and make them responsible.

"I don't sell airplane parts. I've never sold airplane parts."
Old 04-27-12, 12:08 AM   #130
DVD Talk Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Simpson View Post
It informed me about a lot of things that I didn't know, including why Zimmerman purchased a gun. It didn't tell us what happened that night. It paints a picture of Zimmerman based on actual facts rather than speculation, so that is a benefit. Interpretation of those facts may of course vary. But more information is a good thing. I'd be interested in more information about Trayvon as well.

But none of this tells us what happened that night and him being more "balanced" doesn't mean he didn't make mistakes that night that led to Martin's death.

Quote:

I'm curious what information could come to light that would cause you to change your mind on the situation. If information did come out to show that Trayvon did sneak up on Zimmerman and bash him in the head first, told him he was going to die, and tried to take the gun away, would you switch "sides" on this issue or still blame the whole thing on Zimmerman getting out of his car?
If a credible witness or video comes out that clearly shows Martin was the attacker, I -might- switch sides. But that's not going to happen so I'm not to worried. Either way, I would still blame Zimmerman for not staying in his car. It's harsh, but it's where I stand on this.
Old 04-27-12, 12:13 AM   #131
DVD Talk Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave99 View Post
Doesn't make him an angel. It makes him someone who appears to be concerned about his family, his neighbors and his neighborhood.
Hey, a few pages back I even said he apparently cared for his family and neighborhood. That said, even someone who cares can FUCK UP and get someone killed.

Quote:
It also paints a picture that it's pretty damn unlikely that zimmerman got out of his car thinking he was gonna go cap some black kid because he was fed up with them.
You needed an article to tell you that? Hell, even I knew that. Again, I said it many pages ago...I don't believe Zimmerman was out to get a Black kid killed. That said I believe he gout out of his car because he didn't want "them" to get away "again". That much we can hear in the 911 call. And it doesn't take away from Zimmerman's making some stupid mistakes that night.

Oh yeah, Martin was stupid for being where he shouldn't have been......that being anywhere near the gun toting Zimmerman.
Old 04-27-12, 12:20 AM   #132
DVD Talk Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by brayzie View Post
I think the point was to offer a more balanced look into George Zimmerman's background.

Initially I just heard he was white racist, called police 46 times in 15 months, charged with domestic violence, and attacked police. Then there was the audio tape where he allegedly says "he looks suspicious. he's black," "f------ c---..." etc.
I heard the same things AND NEVER fell for the Racist out to kill a Black kid bit. I even said early on that it didn't seem like race was an issue here.

Quote:
I'm one of the people who thinks he should have been arrested right away based on him killing someone who was unarmed, and apparantly, not having been breaking any laws.
You still should be. Nothing here shows that Martin did anything illegal....

Quote:

But so far, it seems that the media helped pushed the idea that this was racially motivated, and that seems to be in question.
Again....the media is the media. Think for YOURSELF.

Quote:

Also, what's with using a derogatory term like mutt?
Sweety, WE ARE ALL MUTTS. No one reading this is "pure". I'm sure if you broke down my DNA you'd see I'm as much a MUTT as Zimmerman. I mean hey, He's got an "Afro-Peruvian" Grandaddy right? It was not anymore derogatory than calling the dead kid Trayvon Martin a "Loser" or "thug".

Last edited by Giantrobo; 04-27-12 at 11:23 AM.
Old 04-27-12, 12:29 AM   #133
DVD Talk Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
This isn't even Street Justice. It's racial hatred.

Street Justice implies there is at least some competency here.

Zimmerman looked White so he was automatically GUILTY by particular people who should have been more in touch with their own historical roots to know better. We had these people say things that White Skinheads would say if a Black man was accused of beating up a "poor innocent White child" in Northern Idaho.

Well, you have a point. Especially when people saw that this "White looking" young man was NOT arrested after killing Martin until people started raising hell about it. Many out there, not me, but many.... assumed it was the same Good ole American Systematic Racism/Privilege that was at play here.

Quote:

Then the Media took the side of the more Politically Correct, and enabled these racist people to continue their accusations worldwide.

If this was a "White victim" and a Black assailant, I assure you that White Family wouldn't have the Media Carte Blanche Card.

We need call these fuckers out on their bullshit and make them responsible.

Call them out, OR...don't fall for their BULLSHIT in the first place. Either one works....

That said, If it were a White Victim...since you, the self proclaimed "Race Card Fighter", is in fact throwing out the race card here...the Black Killer would've never been let go the night of the killing. You know it's true, I know it's true, and even Pat Buchanan knows it's true.
Old 04-27-12, 01:48 AM   #134
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
That said, If it were a White Victim...since you, the self proclaimed "Race Card Fighter", is in fact throwing out the race card here...the Black Killer would've never been let go the night of the killing. You know it's true, I know it's true, and even Pat Buchanan knows it's true.
You mean like the 22 year old cowardice piece of shit that shot and killed the
unarmed white Hispanic guy at the Taco Bell in Phoenix the first of April?

The one that STILL hasn't been arrested or even named in public?

The one that claimed the victim had a pipe when in fact he had a dog on a leash.

You mean a "Black Killer" like that?
Old 04-27-12, 02:19 AM   #135

Quote:
I heard the same things AND NEVER fell for the Racist out to kill a Black kid bit. I even said early on that it didn't seem like race was an issue here.
That's good, but the article is not just for Giantrobo.

Quote:
Again....the media is the media. Think for YOURSELF.
Of course. So why complain about the reuters article?

Quote:
Sweety, WE ARE ALL MUTTS. No one reading this is "pure". I'm sure if you broke down my DNA you'd see I'm as much a MUTT as Zimmerman. I mean hey, He's got an "Afro-Peruvian Grandaddy right? It was not anymore derogatory than calling the dead kid Trayvon Martin a "Loser" or "thug".
Mutt is a derogatory word for people of mixed ethnicity. You using it insults an entire group. And I would have commented as well if someone had referred to Trayvon's ethnicity with a derogatory term.
Old 04-27-12, 02:37 AM   #136

For me, mutt is a term of endearment. The best dogs I've ever owned were mutts.

Ethnically speaking, I'm a mutt and damn proud of it.
Old 04-27-12, 11:11 AM   #137
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullOrchard View Post

I've never heard of someone being offended for being called a mutt I use it to describe myself regularly.
Old 04-27-12, 11:25 AM   #138
DVD Talk Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugent View Post
You mean like the 22 year old cowardice piece of shit that shot and killed the
unarmed white Hispanic guy at the Taco Bell in Phoenix the first of April?

The one that STILL hasn't been arrested or even named in public?

The one that claimed the victim had a pipe when in fact he had a dog on a leash.

You mean a "Black Killer" like that?
Go back and read my comments on that case. I'm pretty consistent. I DON'T believe that guy and he should be in JAIL too. Also go read Pat Buchanan's article posted in this thread. He agrees that if the races were reversed it would be as I've said.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 04-27-12 at 11:38 AM.
Old 04-27-12, 11:35 AM   #139
DVD Talk Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by brayzie View Post
That's good, but the article is not just for Giantrobo.
True. It's to give "Team Zimmerman" something to feel good about. All they care about is their gun rights, as do I. But they don't want to face the fact that someone may have had gun rights, but still fucked up and killed a kid when he could have avoided doing so. I've faced the fact that there's a chance Martin -may- have attacked Zimmerman first, even though I've seen NO EVIDENCE to support this.

Quote:
Of course. So why complain about the reuters article?
No problems with the article per se. It is what it is. A puff peice to make Zimmerman look Angelic. My problem is with "Team Zimmerman" thinking the case is closed since Zimmerman did one or two "good things" and suddenly has an "Afro-Peruvian" granddaddy before killing Martin. I'm sure Martin did some good things too, and has some "White Blood" in him too. At least he did before he was killed...and his blood ran out into the courtyard.

Quote:
Mutt is a derogatory word for people of mixed ethnicity. You using it insults an entire group. And I would have commented as well if someone had referred to Trayvon's ethnicity with a derogatory term.

Again, WE ARE ALL OF MIXED HERITAGE. It's not derogatory.

As far at Trayvon, I've seen him called all manner of Derogatory name. From "Loser" and "thug" and other words on this site... to "Ni****" and other racist terms all over the net.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 04-27-12 at 02:12 PM.
Old 04-27-12, 11:45 AM   #140
DVD Talk Hero

Interesting that Zimmerman may not have had a gun that night if it weren't for an aggressive dog.
Old 04-27-12, 11:45 AM   #141
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Go back and read my comments on that case. I'm pretty consistent. I DON'T believe that guy and he should be in JAIL too. Also go read Pat Buchanan's article posted in this thread. He agrees that if the races were reversed it would be as I've said.
Wrong or right, when have you ever cared before about what Pat Buchanan has said about anything? When is the last time anyone has cared about what he has said?

His personal options on this, and anything else, mean nothing.
Old 04-27-12, 12:58 PM   #142
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpgator View Post
Wrong or right, when have you ever cared before about what Pat Buchanan has said about anything? When is the last time anyone has cared about what he has said?

When Pat Buchanan is being quoted as backup, then I know it is time to leave this thread

Last edited by Jaymole; 04-27-12 at 01:05 PM.
Old 04-27-12, 01:04 PM   #143
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullOrchard View Post

Damn right. Rather be a mutt than an inbred.
Old 04-27-12, 02:14 PM   #144
DVD Talk Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Simpson View Post
Interesting that Zimmerman may not have had a gun that night if it weren't for an aggressive dog.
Had Zimmerman killed a dog....he would never have been released. He would also not be the Hero some are trying to make him out to be.
Old 04-27-12, 02:24 PM   #145
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuters article
The first time the dog ran free and cornered Shellie in their gated community in Sanford, Florida, George called the owner to complain. The second time, Big Boi frightened his mother-in-law's dog. Zimmerman called Seminole County Animal Services and bought pepper spray. The third time he saw the dog on the loose, he called again.
Had Zimmerman shot a dog his neighbors would be more likely speak on his behalf without fear of backlash about such an issue.
Old 04-27-12, 02:32 PM   #146

Quote:
Had Zimmerman killed a dog....he would never have been released.
You can't seriously believe that.

(Step back and take a break until the more rational-thinking Giantrobo returns.)
Old 04-27-12, 02:55 PM   #147
DVD Talk Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpgator View Post

You don't know what I've cared about concerning PB.

Also, the fact that a man who seems to be no friend of Minorities can come out and say that says a lot whether you or I care about what he says or not....
Old 04-27-12, 02:55 PM   #148
DVD Talk Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymole View Post
When Pat Buchanan is being quoted as backup, then I know it is time to leave this thread
See ya.
Old 04-27-12, 02:56 PM   #149
DVD Talk Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmjd23 View Post
You actually make me want to join Team Zimmerman

Spoiler:
Really? Because unlike the Media...I'm not telling you how to think.
Old 04-27-12, 03:00 PM   #150

Quote:
Really? Because unlike the Media...I'm not telling you how to think.
The media(well most of it) is trying to tell us hes guilty.