Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Old 11-22-16, 07:04 PM   #4701
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Unarmed teen gets shot by Zimmerman...[Verdict: Not Guilty] ptII

Look who's making America great again by calling someone a n!gger lover :

George Zimmerman kicked out of bar after using racial slurs

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2868256
Old 11-22-16, 08:41 PM   #4702
DVD Talk Hero

Let me understand this breaking news.

George Zimmerman.

Walks into a bar.

Says something controversial. In that bar.

He then gets kicked out of that bar.

For saying a racial slur.

And being drunk, too.

I was expecting something like getting shot or being the one who opened fire on somebody. He's gotten soft.

"I don't sell airplane parts. I've never sold airplane parts."
Old 11-22-16, 08:53 PM   #4703
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I figured the thread got bumped because Trump offered Zimmerman a spot in his administration.
Old 05-05-17, 12:32 AM   #4704
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I don't know what to think. Yeah, on second thought I do. Chalk this up to coming out of Florida.

Florida university to award degree to Trayvon Martin

Quote:
(CNN)Trayvon Martin's getting a college degree. The slain Florida teenager -- killed by George Zimmerman five years ago -- will be awarded a posthumous bachelor's degree in aeronautical science from Florida Memorial University. Martin's parents, Sabrina Fulton and Tracy Martin, will accept the degree on his behalf during the school's spring commencement on May 13. Fulton is an alumnus of the school, a historically black university in Miami Gardens, Florida. The aeronautics degree is in "honor of the steps he took during his young life toward becoming a pilot," the school said in a Facebook post. Florida Memorial's Department of Aviation and Safety has a designated Cessna pilot training center, ...
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/a92cd48...-to-award.html
Old 05-05-17, 12:40 AM   #4705
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvn1974 View Post
I figured the thread got bumped because Trump offered Zimmerman a spot in his administration.
Likewise, I just clicked in thinking, "oh, what did this douchebag do now".
Old 05-05-17, 07:53 AM   #4706

Funny coincidence. Yesterday I thinking that it had been a while since we had heard about Zimmerman. I figure he wised up and was keeping a low profile.
Old 05-05-17, 08:20 AM   #4707
DVD Talk Legend

I think that Florida Memorial University might be onto something here. Schools are under pressure to grant degrees to more people of color. Distributing science and engineering degrees to dead people can painlessly increase their percentages.
Old 05-05-17, 08:30 AM   #4708
DVD Talk Ruler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post
I think that Florida Memorial University might be onto something here. Schools are under pressure to grant degrees to more people of color. Distributing science and engineering degrees to dead people can painlessly increase their percentages.
It's a black university. Really it's just a publicity stunt.
Old 05-05-17, 10:52 AM   #4709
DVD Talk Legend

It's the ultimate participation trophy.
Old 07-08-17, 01:38 PM   #4710
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchot View Post
I don't know what to think. Yeah, on second thought I do. Chalk this up to coming out of Florida.

Florida university to award degree to Trayvon Martin

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/a92cd48...-to-award.html

After years of hard work and studying, Trayvon Martin has earned a well deserved bachelorís degree in aeronautical science from Florida Memorial University.

Martin worked very hard to earn this degree.

For example, after a school security camera showed Martin marking graffiti, a search of his backpack showed that it contained 12 pieces of womenís jewelry, including silver wedding rings, and earrings with diamonds. The backpack also had a screwdriver, which is often used as a tool by burglars. Martin said that the jewelry belonged to a friend, but refused to say who that friend was. Itís nice that Martin has such an interest in geology and metallurgy. Itís also a good sign of Martinís moral character that he protected his friend.

In addition, testing showed that there was THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, in Martinís system. This is exactly the kind of thing that pilots need in order to safely transport their passengers.

Furthermore, Martin broke George Zimmermanís nose, and smashed Zimmermanís head against the concrete. There are very few pilots who have ever managed to achieve this much bodily harm to Zimmerman.

Based on all of these accomplishments, Iím certain that Martin will make an excellent pilot. I canít wait to have him as my pilot the next time I go on vacation.

Iím sure that Martinís degree will greatly enhance the reputation of Florida Memorial University, as well as increase the prestige and earning potential of its graduates.

When it comes to STEM subjects, MIT, Caltech, and Carnegie Mellon are usually considered to be the best universities. And for sure, the people who go to these great halls of learning do possess a superior level of intellect and intelligence. But I think Martinís hard work and achievements have shown that Florida Memorial University outperforms and eclipses them all when it comes to attracting, teaching, and graduating the very best and brightest mathematical and scientific geniuses.

I have no doubt that Martin will go on to win a Nobel Prize in Physics, as well as a Fields Medal.

Copernicus, Galileo, Kepler, Newton, Einstein, and Hawking are all well regarded for their scientific genius, and Iím certain that in 500 years from now, Martinís name will be just as well known for his contributions to the world of scientific knowledge and discovery.
Old 07-08-17, 02:04 PM   #4711
DVD Talk Legend

Old 07-08-17, 02:27 PM   #4712
Psi
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by grundle View Post
After years of hard work and studying, Trayvon Martin has earned a well deserved bachelorís degree in aeronautical science from Florida Memorial University.

Martin worked very hard to earn this degree.

For example, after a school security camera showed Martin marking graffiti, a search of his backpack showed that it contained 12 pieces of womenís jewelry, including silver wedding rings, and earrings with diamonds. The backpack also had a screwdriver, which is often used as a tool by burglars. Martin said that the jewelry belonged to a friend, but refused to say who that friend was. Itís nice that Martin has such an interest in geology and metallurgy. Itís also a good sign of Martinís moral character that he protected his friend.

In addition, testing showed that there was THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, in Martinís system. This is exactly the kind of thing that pilots need in order to safely transport their passengers.

Furthermore, Martin broke George Zimmermanís nose, and smashed Zimmermanís head against the concrete. There are very few pilots who have ever managed to achieve this much bodily harm to Zimmerman.

Based on all of these accomplishments, Iím certain that Martin will make an excellent pilot. I canít wait to have him as my pilot the next time I go on vacation.

Iím sure that Martinís degree will greatly enhance the reputation of Florida Memorial University, as well as increase the prestige and earning potential of its graduates.

When it comes to STEM subjects, MIT, Caltech, and Carnegie Mellon are usually considered to be the best universities. And for sure, the people who go to these great halls of learning do possess a superior level of intellect and intelligence. But I think Martinís hard work and achievements have shown that Florida Memorial University outperforms and eclipses them all when it comes to attracting, teaching, and graduating the very best and brightest mathematical and scientific geniuses.

I have no doubt that Martin will go on to win a Nobel Prize in Physics, as well as a Fields Medal.

Copernicus, Galileo, Kepler, Newton, Einstein, and Hawking are all well regarded for their scientific genius, and Iím certain that in 500 years from now, Martinís name will be just as well known for his contributions to the world of scientific knowledge and discovery.
It's the same grundle.
Old 07-08-17, 04:11 PM   #4713
DVD Talk Legend

And just think, if Zimmerman had just minded his own fucking business Trevon would still be alive. Maybe in jail, but alive.

http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/cwrujosh
Old 07-08-17, 09:18 PM   #4714
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi View Post
It's the same grundle.
I shudder at the thought of where he spent his vacation...

-- Lucius Annaeus Seneca