Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Old 04-09-12, 01:09 AM   #51
DVD Talk Legend

Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Meh. Police DO have to subdue those who resist. It can be mistaken as police brutality. That video shows a lot of those instances. If the police doesn't smash someone in the face, they risk a sneaky counter attack, right?

So if someone is running on a 15 minute chase. Just because they lay down, doesn't mean that it's all innocent and cool and they should be trusted to go quietly. That video seems to mostly show the ends of chases, along with escalations of violence. Maybe cops just seize that moment as a chance to give a good smash to the arrestee.

Anyways, this stuff deserves to be criticized. But those Youtube videos needlessly anger those who can't form reasoning for such actions. Stupid kids who think it's just asshole police.
Old 04-11-12, 02:40 PM   #52
Suspended

Cop solicits fifteen year old girl for sex.

http://www.examiner.com/liberal-in-d...ld-girl-online
Old 04-14-12, 02:08 PM   #53
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

A brutal and sustained beating by police:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1415740.html
Old 04-14-12, 05:21 PM   #54
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Old 06-18-12, 09:06 PM   #55
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The executive officer of the minneapolis SWAT unit was apparently out to dinner when a guy at another table is irritating him by talking too loudly and/or using bad language. When the officer came over to tell him to stop the 2nd time, the guy starts standing up and the police officer punches him in the head. Guy falls over, apparently hits head on concrete and is in critical condition after 2 brain surgeries. Officer arrested later after he flees the scene.

http://www.woi-tv.com/story/18819716...d-with-assault
Old 06-18-12, 09:12 PM   #56
DVD Talk Hero

I like this one better:

Fla. Deputy Solicits Fellow Cop In John Sting
Old 06-19-12, 01:33 AM   #57
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave99 View Post
The executive officer of the minneapolis SWAT unit was apparently out to dinner when a guy at another table is irritating him by talking too loudly and/or using bad language. When the officer came over to tell him to stop the 2nd time, the guy starts standing up and the police officer punches him in the head. Guy falls over, apparently hits head on concrete and is in critical condition after 2 brain surgeries. Officer arrested later after he flees the scene.

http://www.woi-tv.com/story/18819716...d-with-assault
One punch and the guy's on life support? Jesus, he should have been a boxer instead of a cop.
Old 06-19-12, 08:27 AM   #58
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
A brutal and sustained beating by police:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1415740.html
That's because a former police sergeant in Santa Fe, N.M., is in a touchy situation after the release of video caught on his own dash cam that suggests he had a graphic sexual conversation with himself and masturbated while on duty.

The video lasts at least 10 minutes and at one especially heated point, he says, "Oh, show me those big beautiful breasts, baby.

Old 06-19-12, 09:12 AM   #59
DVD Talk Legend

Does anyone actually talk out loud to thenselves while masturbating? Forget being on duty, that is the disturbing part.
Old 06-19-12, 09:24 AM   #60
DVD Talk Hero

My new favorite of the day:

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...158495875.html

Quote:
Border Patrol Agents on Desk Duty After Arrest at Cirque du Soleil
Two agents were accused of performing sexual acts in audience
By Chris Chan and Lauren Steussy | Tuesday, Jun 12, 2012

Two Customs and Border Protection agents were placed on administrative leave after being arrested for battery and public drunkenness.

Witnesses described a dirty public act between off-duty agents, Kallie Helwig, 24, and Gerald Torello, 35, under a circus tent at the Del Mar Fairgrounds on March 27.

The two agents were in the audience watching Cirque du Soleil at the Del Mar Fairgrounds on the evening of March 27.

The Sheriff's Department said spectators saw the two touching each other inappropriately.

The woman who deputies say was punched by Helwig described what happened to NBCSanDiego. She asked not to be identified because she didn’t want to put herself or her family at risk.

She said she saw the two off-duty agents heavily kissing as Torello was touching Helwig's breasts. She then saw Helwig's head and hands moving up and down in Torello's lap.

When she told the two to stop, Torello said he couldn't stop Helwig.

Then, the witness said two children turned around and saw the two off-duty agents performing what appeared to be oral sex. Torello gave one of the children a high-five as this was happening, the witness said.

"After they called security, security told them to stop and they did," said Lieutenant Ken Nelson of the Sheriff's Department.

However, the witness said she couldn't get security to help the situation until she used a strobe-light app on her phone, which caught the attention of an usher. The usher then saw the agents and they stopped.

As the crowd was exiting, Helwig allegedly attacked the woman, slugging her in the face.

"My vision went black, and that was the last thing I felt," the witness said.

The victim's husband said Torello also tried to get involved. After the fight had settled down, a security guard asked if the victim wanted to press charges, and she replied yes.

She suffered minor injuries, including minor vision impairment and bruises on her face and arms, she said.

Helwig was cited for misdemeanor battery. Torello was taken to the Sheriff's Department's Encinitas Substation, cited and then released. Helwig was placed under citizen's arrest.

Lt. Nelson said statements from the witnesses did not warrant an arrest for lewd acts in public.

The Customs and Border Patrol released the following statement about the incident:

“All Customs and Border Protection (CBP) employees are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner while on or off duty. CBP stresses honor and integrity in every aspect of our mission, and the overwhelming majority of CBP employees and officers perform their duties with honor and distinction, working tirelessly every day to keep our country safe. CBP takes every allegation of misconduct seriously and fully cooperates in the investigation of such allegations. Presently, the two employees in question have been assigned administrative duties.”

Both agents have been with the Customs and Border Patrol since 2008.

"I'm outraged that they aren't held to a higher standard," said the witness, who also says she is also a federal employee. "If this is how they behave when they're off duty, I'm really frightened as to what they might do when they do have weapons on them."
This is allegedly a picture of the female officer:

Spoiler:
Old 06-19-12, 09:33 AM   #61
DVD Talk Legend

"I'm outraged that they aren't held to a higher standard," said the witness, who also says she is also a federal employee.

What a silly thing to say. Holding someone to a higher standard is what happens after you misbehave
Old 06-19-12, 10:09 AM   #62
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeputyDave View Post
Does anyone actually talk out loud to thenselves while masturbating? Forget being on duty, that is the disturbing part.
Yeah I usually say "You're pathetic. Go outside, take a walk, do something with your life."
Old 06-20-12, 05:15 AM   #63

Looking at that pic, I'd have high-fived anyone in my general vicinity if I was getting a bj from that chick.
Old 07-05-12, 06:14 PM   #64
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Cops in long beach raiding a weed dispensary. One officer walks on the back and neck of a fully compliant worker when going to cuff him (he was already laying on the ground willingly). Others destroy surveillance cameras, apparently trying to cover their tracks, but the video was being recorded offsite.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG942y1Cq64
Old 07-05-12, 06:42 PM   #65
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Cops in long beach raiding a weed dispensary. One officer walks on the back and neck of a fully compliant worker when going to cuff him (he was already laying on the ground willingly). Others destroy surveillance cameras, apparently trying to cover their tracks, but the video was being recorded offsite.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG942y1Cq64
Very unprofessional.

I'm still not quite sure what the hangup over being video taped is. Honestly, the sooner we (cops) get the idea into our head that we're always on camera, the better off we'll be. When I was on patrol, I personally loved my camera/mic... it was always objective and backed me up 100% of the time.
Old 07-06-12, 08:20 AM   #66
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel View Post
Very unprofessional.

I'm still not quite sure what the hangup over being video taped is. Honestly, the sooner we (cops) get the idea into our head that we're always on camera, the better off we'll be. When I was on patrol, I personally loved my camera/mic... it was always objective and backed me up 100% of the time.
100%. There are just a few dinosaurs out there that still cannot come to terms with the idea of so many video recorders being out there now. I think these stories will dry up in the next couple of years though.
Old 07-12-12, 11:03 PM   #67

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1112719

Cop kicks handcuffed woman sitting on ground
Old 07-12-12, 11:21 PM   #68
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

2nd assault conviction for that guy while in uniform, and still no jail time. What a joke.
Old 08-06-12, 11:59 PM   #69

http://www.aol.com/video/florida-cop...6pLid%3D188727

Cop stealing from Goodwill ( in Florida too).
Old 08-07-12, 12:13 AM   #70
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by movieguru View Post
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1112719

Cop kicks handcuffed woman sitting on ground
Woman kicks cop in the lower leg, and cop responds with a kick.

Woman doesn't kick cop anymore.

"I don't sell airplane parts. I've never sold airplane parts."
Old 08-07-12, 03:04 AM   #71
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

^ Exactly.

Stop being an asshole and there's a very good chance you can live your entire life without being beaten by a cop.
Old 08-07-12, 02:00 PM   #72
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
Woman kicks cop in the lower leg, and cop responds with a kick.

Woman doesn't kick cop anymore.
That's beautiful. Stay classy!
Old 09-07-12, 10:24 AM   #73
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Cop pistols whips a guy, and appears to have his finger on the trigger when doing it, leading to a negligent discharge.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1855513.html

At least there doesn't appear to be a thin blue line protecting him this time (since it was on video), the officer is charged with misconduct, reckless endangerment and second-degree assault.
Old 09-07-12, 12:43 PM   #74
DVD Talk Legend

The text says "there appears to be a flash of light...". Heck, there IS a flash of light. It's bright enough to trip the photosensor on a nearby street light, and turn it off.

I am pretty sure police officers are supposed to be trained in takedown techniques that don't involve hitting someone with your weapon.
Old 09-07-12, 12:57 PM   #75
DVD Talk Legend

Wonder what will happen to the idiot cops who shot and killed the hostage who had managed to escape from his captors in an armed robbery in NY last night?

How about that... terrified for your life, by some miracle you escape the armed robbers holding you hostage in your store and flee for your life, and the cops show up and kill you as you are running, unarmed, from the store.

So much of this police state shit goes on every day this thread would already have been closed for length if even half of it was reported, and the mindless masses were told to think about it by the media.

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing." - Charles Bukowski