Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Old 06-03-11, 07:26 AM   #101
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Weiner Tweets His Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekdipper View Post
He's just positioning himself for a run at the Big Office in 2016. Publicity Hound!
He's pulling a Kim Kardashian!
Old 06-03-11, 08:10 AM   #102
DVD Talk Legend

Old 06-03-11, 10:45 AM   #103
DVD Talk Limited Edition

More hacked weiner tweeting:
http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2011/0...by-hacker.html
Maybe Weiner can point to this now, showing it's some cool new trend for hackers?
Old 06-03-11, 03:17 PM   #104
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckd21 View Post
I could recognize my junk. But that's not what this was a photo of. It was underwear. Unless I knew for sure I took the photo, I'd have no idea if a crotch was mine or not.
I'd probably recognize my Spidey Underoos better than the naked truth. At least I've seen my underoos lately.
Old 06-03-11, 07:32 PM   #105
Suspended

Media bias at its finest:

Quote:
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...lican-headline

Reuters Headline IDs Weiner 'Republican'

Now that Reuters has realized that he is a Democrat and not a Republican, instead of replacing "Republican" with "Democrat," the article simply makes no mention whatsoever of his party affiliation:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...e=domesticNews

Weiner uncertain whether lewd photo was of him

(Reuters) - New York Congressman Anthony Weiner said on Wednesday that he did not send a lewd photo over his Twitter account but cannot be sure that the photo was not of him.

"It certainly doesn't look familiar to me, but I don't want to say with certitude to you something that I don't know to be the certain truth," Weiner told CNN in an interview.

"I didn't send any twitter picture," he said, adding that the photo might have been manipulated.

Weiner has said his account was hacked when a lewd photo of a man in bulging boxer briefs was tweeted to a 21-year-old female college student in Washington state over the weekend.

"This seems like it was a prank to make fun of my name," Weiner said. "When you are named Weiner, that happens a lot."

Weiner's office told Reuters on Tuesday that the New York congressman, who has a high profile as an advocate of liberal causes, had hired an attorney to advise him on whether or not he could press criminal charges as a result of the alleged hack of his Twitter account.

"This is not a national security matter," Weiner said. "We're not making a federal case out of this....I'm not sure it rises -- no pun intended -- to that level," he said.

Weiner said that the law firm he hired has an Internet security firm that is investigating how his account was hacked.

He declined to say whether there actually was a photo of him in his undies like the one sent to the student.

"This is part of the problem with the way this has progressed, and one of the reasons I was perhaps, forgive me, a little stiff yesterday," Weiner told reporters on Capitol Hill.

The student, Gennette Cordova, issued a statement to the New York Daily News that denied she personally knew Weiner but said, "I am a fan."

Weiner had tens of thousands of followers on twitter before the weekend's incident. In contrast, Weiner was following 198 people.
Old 06-03-11, 07:53 PM   #106
DVD Talk Hero

Old 06-04-11, 07:43 PM   #107
Suspended

The fact that he's hired a private detective instead of going to the government suggests that he did in fact send the message.

It's not against the law to lie to a private detective. And private detectives don't have the legal power to get the evidence that would lead to the truth.

But it is against the law to lie to government agents. And the government does have the legal power to get the evidence that would lead to the truth.

http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.c...5-78C6B4659BB2

Anthony Weiner and the law's peril

By: Roger Simon

June 3, 2011 04:34 AM EDT

If you smell something burning, it is Anthony Weiner’s future going up in smoke.

Weiner is a brash and bright Democratic congressman who represents parts of Brooklyn and Queens. Until recently, he was considered a leading contender to become New York City’s next mayor, a race for which he has already bankrolled $3.9 million.

He can save his money.

A few days ago, a close-up picture of a man in his underpants was sent from Weiner’s Twitter account to a 21-year-old college student in Washington state. She says she does not know Weiner. The congressman says he does not know her and did not send the picture. He says his Twitter account was “hacked” by a “prankster.”

It is no crime to send a lewd picture to an adult, and Weiner is under no known investigation by any law enforcement agency or the House ethics committee.

But he is in deep, deep trouble.

It is not enough for a politician to be innocent; he also must appear to be innocent. In fact, it is often better to appear innocent than to actually be innocent.

In all of his TV appearances so far, Weiner has looked about as innocent to me as O.J. Simpson did. No, strike that. Some people think O.J. really is innocent. Nobody could possibly watch Weiner and think he is.

He couldn’t look more guilty if he ran down Pennsylvania Avenue at high noon, wearing nothing but a pair of bulging gray underpants.

Some quick asides: It is my intention to avoid all double or even single entendres in this column. They are juvenile and tiresome, two things I occasionally steer clear of. Second, the “lewdness” of the photograph in question is subject to debate. If you have ever watched an Olympics swimming event or seen a man on a public beach in Speedo swim trunks, you have seen more lewdness. Third, the degree of lewdness doesn’t really matter. If a congressman takes a picture of himself in his underwear and sends it to a college kid, that congressman has some serious issues.

Now back to Weiner, who has publicly said the same things over and over: He is innocent of sending the picture; he can’t say with “certitude” that the picture is not of him; he does not wish to speak to federal law enforcement officials about it; and he is hiring a private firm to investigate the matter.

Alarm bells began clanging in my head.

O.J. Simpson said in 1995 he was going to hire a private firm to find out who “really” killed Nicole Brown and Ronald Goldman. We are still awaiting the report.

After being accused by 15 women of having molested them over the years, Arnold Schwarzenegger said in 2003 that he was going to hire a private firm to investigate their claims and clear the air. We are still awaiting the report.

And now, Anthony Weiner says he is going to hire a private firm to find out how his Twitter account was hacked, although Weiner could easily go to the U.S. Capitol Police or the FBI and ask them to do it.

Asked repeatedly why he refuses to do so, Weiner replies that the whole matter is a “prank” and not “a federal case.”

The sound you continue to hear is the clanging of bells.

It is no crime to lie to the press. If caught, all you would face is a few disgruntled reporters, and most reporters are always disgruntled.

It is no crime to lie to the public. If caught, all you would face is a few shrugs and maybe (though maybe not) defeat in the next election.

It is no crime to lie to your wife. If caught, all you would face is shame and maybe (though maybe not) divorce.

But if you lie to federal agents, even if you are not under oath, you could face three to five years at Allentown.

The relevant law is Title 18, U.S. Code, Section 1001, which states, in part, that “whoever, in any matter within the jurisdiction of the executive, legislative, or judicial branch of the Government of the United States, knowingly and willfully — (1) falsifies, conceals, or covers up by any trick, scheme, or device a material fact; (2) makes any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or representation; or (3) makes or uses any false writing or document knowing the same to contain any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or entry; shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than five years.”

And that is why it could be perilous for Anthony Weiner to sit down and make any statements whatsoever to any federal agents. Sending a picture of himself in his underwear to an adult is not a crime. Lying about it to federal investigators is.

Which could be why he prefers to hire a private firm rather than letting the U.S. Capitol Police or FBI agents do their job.

Will this story go away, replaced by more important stories about Medicare, the federal debt limit and bloodshed in the Mideast?

A story about sex and a politician? Just go away while there are still questions to be asked and stories to be done? Are you kidding me?

I said Anthony Weiner is bright, and he is. But bright people can do dumb things. And to have a bright political future, Weiner needs to be more than innocent. He needs to start acting like it.
Old 06-06-11, 06:59 AM   #108

Breitbart is claiming to have found another woman that got Weiner pics.

Quote:
Weinergate Bombshell: New Woman Comes Forward Claiming Cache of Intimate Photos and Online Communications with Beleaguered Congressman

A new woman has come forward with what she claims are photographs, chats, and emails with Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-NY). These appear to undermine severely Rep. Weiner’s explanations that he was the victim of a “prank” or a “hack.”

The detailed new information suggests that the Brooklyn- and Queens-based representative and the young woman in question were involved in an online, consensual relationship involving the mutual exchange of intimate photographs.

BigGovernment.com and BigJournalism.com were approached regarding this information more than a week prior to the separate, independent event of Friday, May 27, 2011, when a link to the now-infamous “gray underwear” photograph appeared publicly on Rep. Weiner’s Twitter feed.

We will be updating BigGovernment.com and BigJournalism.com throughout the day with photographs, timelines, and other clarifying details. However, we will not be releasing all of the material because some of it is of an extreme, graphic nature.

http://biggovernment.com/abreitbart/...d-congressman/
Old 06-06-11, 07:29 AM   #109
DVD Talk Legend

If they were approached before the "hack" then it plays into jfoobar's theory:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfoobar View Post
OK, here is what happened. Someone did prank him, quite likely someone he knows, perhaps a jilted staff member (staff...member...get it?). However, the picture is indeed of him. He doesn't want an investigation because he knows that will lead to the discovery of the fact that it is him (and possibly also of the facts surrounding the taking of that picture).
Old 06-06-11, 01:34 PM   #110
DVD Talk Hero

Spoiler:

He's been hanging out with Chris Lee

Last edited by Venusian; 06-06-11 at 01:54 PM.
Old 06-06-11, 01:49 PM   #111
DVD Talk Legend

He has potential.
Old 06-06-11, 01:56 PM   #112
DVD Talk Hero

Any date attributed to the sharing of these? Pre or post marriage?
Old 06-06-11, 02:01 PM   #113
DVD Talk Hero

they say it was last month
Old 06-06-11, 02:12 PM   #114
DVD Talk Hero

That the photos were taken, or that the photos were revealed to the site?
Old 06-06-11, 02:16 PM   #115
DVD Talk Special Edition

press conference coming up

I'll outlive all these skinny bastards whose assholes are so tight they can only crap neutronium. - Mrs. Danger
Old 06-06-11, 02:35 PM   #116
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Simpson View Post
That the photos were taken, or that the photos were revealed to the site?
Quote:
The following photograph, reminiscent of that posted by former Rep. Chris Lee (R-NY) on Craigslist earlier this year, was allegedly sent to the young woman on Friday, May 20, 2011 via a Yahoo! email address that she claims was an alternate alias for Rep. Weiner:
Old 06-06-11, 02:45 PM   #117
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus9 View Post
press conference coming up
Picture Weiner saying that with a coy expression, while staring at his crotch.
Old 06-06-11, 02:47 PM   #118
DVD Talk Hero

WTF is wrong with people?

If its not love then its the bomb that will bring us together.
Old 06-06-11, 03:13 PM   #119
DVD Talk Hero

looks like i missed it but andrew breitbart took over the press conference or something
Old 06-06-11, 03:14 PM   #120
DVD Talk Legend

This is the oddest scandal in a while. I want to see Weiner and Breitbart just duke it out.
Old 06-06-11, 03:17 PM   #121
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRM114 View Post
WTF is wrong with people?
Chris Lee probably wondered the same thing.

I'll outlive all these skinny bastards whose assholes are so tight they can only crap neutronium. - Mrs. Danger
Old 06-06-11, 03:26 PM   #122
DVD Talk Special Edition

He admitted it.

Old 06-06-11, 03:26 PM   #123
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well, Weiner admits it was his weiner he sent to the woman, as a "joke".
Old 06-06-11, 03:28 PM   #124
DVD Talk Special Edition

He will not resign, arrogant bastard

Old 06-06-11, 03:29 PM   #125
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus9 View Post
He will not resign, arrogant bastard
Give it time... there is more to be uncovered.