Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Old 06-02-11, 08:46 AM   #76
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Weiner Tweets His Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus9 View Post

I like that photo. It's total truth. But you make your own bed.

If its not love then its the bomb that will bring us together.
Old 06-02-11, 08:56 AM   #77
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfoobar View Post
If he were a Republican who campaigned on "family values", "sanctity of marriage", or other "moral" issues like that, as so many of them do, he would be far more worthy of derision if "guilty" than your typical Democrat.
It is not an issue of hypocrisy.
it is:

his extremely poor attempt at dealing with a lapse in judgment.

He's a partisan pitbull who uses any and every opportunity to slam the other side and now it is his turn to be on the receiving end.
Old 06-02-11, 09:13 AM   #78
DVD Talk Hero

The yfrog stuff is pretty compelling regarding a frame job. BUT he still won't deny that's its not him. Taking the pic in the first place is as equally creepy as sending it out.

If its not love then its the bomb that will bring us together.
Old 06-02-11, 10:13 AM   #79
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRM114 View Post
I like that photo. It's total truth. But you make your own bed.
It's not a photo, it's a cartoon. Therefore your political party is WRONG.
Old 06-02-11, 10:13 AM   #80
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Taking the pic in the first place is as equally creepy as sending it out.
It's called "sexting," and all the cool kids are doing it.
Old 06-02-11, 10:33 AM   #81
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Quote:
I can say with all certitude I have NEVER taken a picture of my private parts.
There really is no excuse for this. Cameras with high magnitude optical zoom have been available for quite some time now.
Old 06-02-11, 11:03 AM   #82
DVD Talk Legend

This might be the goofiest political scandal of the 21st century. How much time and energy is going to be focused on this nonsense? If it's him, so what? If it's not, who cares? Bottom line is that if it is him, there's no crime being committed, and god knows that being in Congress carries no morals clause. The only person who has the right to demand any answers here is his wife. The rest of us should have better things to do.
Old 06-02-11, 03:36 PM   #83
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckd21 View Post
This might be the goofiest political scandal of the 21st century. How much time and energy is going to be focused on this nonsense? If it's him, so what? If it's not, who cares? Bottom line is that if it is him, there's no crime being committed, and god knows that being in Congress carries no morals clause. The only person who has the right to demand any answers here is his wife. The rest of us should have better things to do.
He could've ended the "scandal" within the hour it broke by simply telling the truth. The problem is that he doesn't like the consequences of telling the truth.
Old 06-02-11, 04:21 PM   #84
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by sracer View Post
He could've ended the "scandal" within the hour it broke by simply telling the truth. The problem is that he doesn't like the consequences of telling the truth.
Telling the truth would not end the scandal. That's ridiculous. People enjoy this sensational garbage and we would continue to see this story in the media until some other interesting scandal pops up, regardless of any truthful or fabricated response from Weiner.
Old 06-02-11, 04:44 PM   #85
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by focker View Post
Telling the truth would not end the scandal. That's ridiculous. People enjoy this sensational garbage and we would continue to see this story in the media until some other interesting scandal pops up, regardless of any truthful or fabricated response from Weiner.
Of course telling the truth ends the scandal. Because in spite of how good a liar someone is, nothing holds together as tightly as the truth. Show me a scandal where the truth was admitted up-front that continued to garner sensational coverage for any length of time.

...then look at the scandals that kept on going until the truth was revealed. Thinking that perpetuating a lie will help a scandal die is the thing that is ridiculous.
Old 06-02-11, 04:49 PM   #86
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sracer View Post
Show me a scandal where the truth was admitted up-front that continued to garner sensational coverage for any length of time.

-- Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Old 06-02-11, 04:51 PM   #87
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
Nice try. Jimmy Swaggart denied, denied, denied.... and then only when confronted with irrefutable facts did he confess. Soon after his confession he disappeared.
Old 06-02-11, 05:29 PM   #88
DVD Talk Legend

And relatively quickly came back to his 'ministry'. He's been making millions off fools again since not too long after the scandal.

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing." - Charles Bukowski
Old 06-02-11, 05:36 PM   #89
DVD Talk Legend

He's just positioning himself for a run at the Big Office in 2016. Publicity Hound!
Old 06-02-11, 05:41 PM   #90
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Why does he keep saying he can't say whether it's him or not? I can say with all certitude I have NEVER taken a picture of my private parts. It's real easy!
I'd have to do some exercising & lose some gut in order to get the thing properly framed.

Seriously (sorta)...re: his not being sure if it's his weenie or not, how many of us (who have a qualifying appendage) could actually identify our own junk if asked to pick it out of a lineup?

And, if you could...please don't share specifics of how you'd be able to do so. TMI fer sure.
Old 06-02-11, 06:08 PM   #91
DVD Talk Legend

I could recognize my junk. But that's not what this was a photo of. It was underwear. Unless I knew for sure I took the photo, I'd have no idea if a crotch was mine or not.
Old 06-02-11, 07:29 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by missflores View Post

To the moderator who posted the above pic with my account: the cyber police has been contacted.
Old 06-02-11, 07:31 PM   #93
X
Administrator

You posted your junk.

Old 06-02-11, 07:33 PM   #94
DVD Talk Legend

Oh man that's awesome stuff.

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing." - Charles Bukowski
Old 06-02-11, 08:40 PM   #95

Good news. Weiner has finally called the police.

Quote:
Weiner’s Office Calls The Police After CBS 2′s Marcia Kramer Asks For An Interview

Congressman Anthony Weiner said Thursday he’s finished talking about the lewd photo sent from his Twitter account. But he still wouldn’t say whether he’s the one in the picture.

So CBS 2 political reporter Marcia Kramer decided to go to his office on Capitol Hill to try to get you some answers. You’ll never believe what happened.

Kramer tried to get an interview with the six-term New York Democrat and as a result had the cops called on her.

Kramer walked in to Weiner’s office, announced herself as being from CBS 2 in New York City and said she’d like to see the congressman. Those few words created quite the stir. Doors slammed and people pretended she wasn’t there.

After Kramer left Weiner’s office, his staff called the Capitol Police.

FULL ARTICLE - http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/06/...-back-to-work/
Old 06-02-11, 08:51 PM   #96

Here's a compilation of Weinergate's Greatest Hits (so far):

Old 06-02-11, 09:45 PM   #97
DVD Talk Hero

The more I see of the "evidence" against Weiner, the more I think he's innocent. On the other hand, the more I see of Weiner's "defense," the more I think he's guilty.
"JasonF can do no wrong!" -- Rockmjd23
Old 06-03-11, 05:14 AM   #98
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Old 06-03-11, 06:29 AM   #99
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
The more I see of the "evidence" against Weiner, the more I think he's innocent. On the other hand, the more I see of Weiner's "defense," the more I think he's guilty.
oh my gosh! I agree with JasonF for once!!
Old 06-03-11, 07:04 AM   #100